Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone on PS3 or PS4 wants to move from disc to digital, Disney Infinity 3.0 is $6 this week if you have PS+, or $7.50 otherwise.

Is online play dead yet? I'm thinking about getting it so my 3 kids and I could play together (between 2 ps4's).
The shutdown schedule is kind of vague but it seems like it should work until 3/3/2017. I haven't tried it myself lately. Of course local multiplayer on 1 PS4 will continue to work after that shutdown.

I still need someone to jump on DI 2.0 for PS4 with me for a couple minutes to grab the one multiplayer trophy.  Seems like most people own 2.0 on PS3 and there aren't a whole lot of PS4 owners until 3.0 

I still need someone to jump on DI 2.0 for PS4 with me for a couple minutes to grab the one multiplayer trophy. Seems like most people own 2.0 on PS3 and there aren't a whole lot of PS4 owners until 3.0

I just got 2.0 and 3.0 recently. Which trophies require online co op? Or can the trophies be earned locally?

Disney Infinity is dead a Best Buy as of next week. Stores are supposed to take down the display (if they haven't already) and use the space for XB1/PS4 console overstock. :-({|=

Disney Infinity is dead a Best Buy as of next week. Stores are supposed to take down the display (if they haven't already) and use the space for XB1/PS4 console overstock. :-({|=
As I expected. A store I visited over last weekend literally one one figure and one set of discs on a peg and about 20 empty pegs surrounding them.

I just got 2.0 and 3.0 recently. Which trophies require online co op? Or can the trophies be earned locally?
DI 3.0 has some online trophies, can't remember if it's like 2 or 3 different ones, but you don't need to do co-op with someone on your friends list, you basically just have to go to the arcade and play some of the multiplayer games with random people, and I think there's another online trophy where you have to play or watch someone's uploaded level. So make sure you grab those before it's too late.

DI 2.0 has one trophy where you have to go into a toybox and play co-op with someone. I think they have to be invited to the game from your friends list or you from theirs. That's the trophy I still need.

Okay. So just to confirm if the servers go down next year, (is this if or when?) then we can no longer platinum the game?

Okay. So just to confirm if the servers go down next year, (is this if or when?) then we can no longer platinum the game?
Correct. They are for sure going down (Already confirmed) and once they do you won't be able to get the online trophies needed to earn the plat unless the developers decide to make a final patch for the game or something that automatically awards you all the online trophies as soon as it detects the game on your drive. There hasn't been any word of that happening, so the only real definitive answer is that we must earn the trophies before it's too late and they are gone forever.

Do you know when they're expected to shut down? I read an article recently about something shutting down in March 2017.

Correct. They are for sure going down (Already confirmed) and once they do you won't be able to get the online trophies needed to earn the plat unless the developers decide to make a final patch for the game or something that automatically awards you all the online trophies as soon as it detects the game on your drive. There hasn't been any word of that happening, so the only real definitive answer is that we must earn the trophies before it's too late and they are gone forever.
It's a bummer that the console makers couldn't work out something similar to whatever Valve did for the Gold Edition on Steam. Disney Infinity is a pretty fun game when the characters don't cost $15 a piece.

The comments section of this article lists all online achievements (or trophies) for all three Disney Infinity games that won't be obtainable after the server shutdown.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n24674/disney-infinity-outlines-server-shutdown-schedule

Although not listed, I'm pretty sure Tutorial Totality (3.0) also requires online since one of the tutorials is playing a created world in the theater. Not an achievement, but there is an in-game Feat in 3.0 for playing 25 online arcade games if you're planning to complete every single Feat.

PC Steam 3.0 Gold Edition runs like a champ on my FX-8370 and GTX 970 constant 60fps with everything on. It does include every character even crystal editions and playsets but does not include nemo or battlegrounds as they were never released on PC. Just a heads up there are other ways of obtaining 1.0,2.0 and 3.0 if you're the type of person who maybe feels like Disney f$#cked us over I know me and my kids did considering we owned over 70 characters and all playsets from 1.0 through 3.0 We cashed out at Game Stop when they had a 50% bonus on all trade in accessories and they are categorized as so. We walked out with over $400 still no where near what we invested. We now invest in Lego Dimensions and love it! The fact that they released year 2 and you don't have to buy a new game or base makes it well worth the investment. The fact that if Lego Dimensions crumbles like Infinity did well atleast the kids have real mini figs and vehicles they can play with and make new stuff. Just my thoughts...

That's nice that you can buy an edition of the game that preserves the core gameplay of all 3 editions without any additional purchases. Would buy the 1-3 collection for $20 eventually ... Will just continue to mess around with console versions for now. So does 3.0 include all the level packs like Nemo, etc?

TRU offers are stacking again

Starter packs are $11.99 and you get any 3 figures for free when you buy a starter pack. Like past TRU deals, they will probably take away the 3 free figure offer soon.

Starter packs are $11.99 and you get any 3 figures for free when you buy a starter pack. Like past TRU deals, they will probably take away the 3 free figure offer soon.
Thanks . I bought the PS4 saga bundle @ $11.99 and got three free figures, including Nemo!

Must only work until 6am. Dead now. Should have set my alarm too, I had a feeling it would happen again, and I missed out the last time it happened.

I ended up buying the mega collectors edition of 2.0 for $12.

So I have the 2.0 "Marvel's The Avengers" play set with Iron Man and Black Widow. Is that the same that comes with the 2.0 Avengers starter pack? If so, I assume I could get the Disney Originals Starter Pack 2.0 and use the Avenger's Playset?

Playsets only work with their respective release version, so no.

So I have the 2.0 "Marvel's The Avengers" play set with Iron Man and Black Widow. Is that the same that comes with the 2.0 Avengers starter pack? If so, I assume I could get the Disney Originals Starter Pack 2.0 and use the Avenger's Playset?
All you would need to do is get the 2.0 game in order to play that level/playset.

It is not via eBay. It's in store and online directly.

And no one has any right to complain about a tiny shipping cost on a 10lb 3ft long collections edition.

Gotcha. So I could get the used 2.0 disc at GS and then be able to play the 2.0 Avengers Playset and 3.0 Stater Kit using the 3.0 base right?

Thanks
Typically yes. The bases are generic except for 360 and XB1, they are console specific. So if you get 2.0 for the same system you have 3.0 on you'll be good to go.

Bases for Wii, WiiU, PS3, and PS4 are generic and can be used between 1 another.

Damn it, bought the avengers ce yesterday night and didn't add any figures. Already picked it up. The thing is huge.

I tried it w the regular starter pack and it doesn't give free figures w it so I guess the offer doesn't stack anymore.

Damn it, bought the avengers ce yesterday night and didn't add any figures. Already picked it up. The thing is huge.
I tried it w the regular starter pack and it doesn't give free figures w it so I guess the offer doesn't stack anymore.
If you read his post about the glitch surely you would have seen the post two down saying it was dead.

I got the CE as well and have been rounding up the rest of the figures with the GameStop sale going on.

Meijer seems to be having a 50% off sale on all non-clearanced figures and playsets. That puts figures at $5 and playsets at $10. Cascade Meijer in Grand Rapids had Dory playsets.

Question just to make sure:

The cards w codes for the characters are not redeemable anymore right? Won't need use them for anything?

Meijer seems to be having a 50% off sale on all non-clearanced figures and playsets. That puts figures at $5 and playsets at $10. Cascade Meijer in Grand Rapids had Dory playsets.
TRU has B1G3 on individual figures so it can be cheaper than at Meijer.

FYI. My TRU glitch involving 3 free figures with the starter pack purchase seems to have hit a snag. Part of it might have been my mistake for splitting the order up between in store pick up and delivery.  I placed the starter pack for in store pick up and the figures for delivery. I went this route because TRU had a disclaimer that made it sound like the packaging for the starter pack would be visible during shipping. With the kids still being home when the mail man delivers, this was not an option.  Needless to say the free figures have fallen off of my order and I didn't even get a cancellation email.  

I'm thinking I will only do in store pick up on these in the future. 

Just got the Marvel 2.0 CE on Sunday. That same night I hit up several GameStops with the sale they have going on. I ended up completing my Star Wars 3.0 set, and got all but three Marvel 2.0 figures, which are being sent to me this week.

z4yuh3D.jpg

Just a heads up, but TRU has some DI figures on sale including the Finding Dory playset for $9.99! Get it while you can!
Yeah all the sets are $10. They ring up MSRP in store though of course you can pricematch.

Would you recommend any figures besides Marvel and Star Wars? I just got into Infinity and have completed those sets, skipping Disney characters entirely. Only other figures I got were Flynn and Quorra.

I thought I was out but this pulled me back in. My daughter will love it. If only I could find Nemo cheap by itself (I have no need for 4 more figs to get the TRU deal).
It's a pain but you can buy all 4 to get the deal and return the ones you don't want immediately you end up get Nemo at the prorated amount.

Yeah all the sets are $10. They ring up MSRP in store though of course you can pricematch.

Would you recommend any figures besides Marvel and Star Wars? I just got into Infinity and have completed those sets, skipping Disney characters entirely. Only other figures I got were Flynn and Quorra.
Some of the Disney characters are unique and fun to use in the game. Most of the ones from 1.0 aren't any good, because the game mechanics lacked several character features back then. Most of the characters can't even do basic combos. However, they improved for 2.0 and 3.0.

Personally I enjoy the characters that have good combo abilities or cool special moves. From 2.0, Merida from Brave is a badass. She's better than Hawkeye with the bow and is probably one of the best ranged characters. Once you start upgrading her bow and her arrows bounce off enemies and ht other enemies, you see the value she offers. I also like the kid from Big Hero 6, if for nothing else because his moveset is unique and he's fun to use. He can also ride around on Baymax.

From 3.0 make sure you grab Mulan, she's a combo powerhouse, and it looks like you already grabbed the Tron characters. I haven't tried too many of the Disney characters from 3.0 yet, but I'll eventually probably grab Baloo and the 2 characters from Zootopia, just to have them.

Some of the Disney characters are unique and fun to use in the game. Most of the ones from 1.0 aren't any good, because the game mechanics lacked several character features back then. Most of the characters can't even do basic combos. However, they improved for 2.0 and 3.0.

Personally I enjoy the characters that have good combo abilities or cool special moves. From 2.0, Merida from Brave is a badass. She's better than Hawkeye with the bow and is probably one of the best ranged characters. Once you start upgrading her bow and her arrows bounce off enemies and ht other enemies, you see the value she offers. I also like the kid from Big Hero 6, if for nothing else because his moveset is unique and he's fun to use. He can also ride around on Baymax.

From 3.0 make sure you grab Mulan, she's a combo powerhouse, and it looks like you already grabbed the Tron characters. I haven't tried too many of the Disney characters from 3.0 yet, but I'll eventually probably grab Baloo and the 2 characters from Zootopia, just to have them.
Thank you for the heads up. I got 3.0 on Black Friday and still haven't played it. Picked up 2.0 this past Sunday and have already completed both sets. At this point I was going to quit while I was ahead. The other option is going all in and buying the rest of the Disney figures so I have a totally complete set.

I did want to ask whoever is knowledgeable... how do the figures work exactly? Where I'm lost is I get that the avengers work in their playset. Spider-Man works in his playset. Guardians work in theirs. So what about the general Disney figures that just say they only work in toy box? A friend of mine and I bought the games recently and have only been buying figures that work in playset a since we don't understand how toy box figures even work in the game. The way I've been looking at it, they don't do much and only work on the town/free roam mode. Which to me seems a waste to buy them.

I did want to ask whoever is knowledgeable... how do the figures work exactly? Where I'm lost is I get that the avengers work in their playset. Spider-Man works in his playset. Guardians work in theirs. So what about the general Disney figures that just say they only work in toy box? A friend of mine and I bought the games recently and have only been buying figures that work in playset a since we don't understand how toy box figures even work in the game. The way I've been looking at it, they don't do much and only work on the town/free roam mode. Which to me seems a waste to buy them.
Basically, certain characters only work in certain playsets. The Disney characters in 2.0 and 3.0 only work in the toy box. This is the stupidest part of the whole game. They should have let every character be playable in every playsets or at least make story modes for some of the characters, instead of just toy box stuff. I mean why the hell cant spider man play in the avengers level or even in the guardians level. It's stupid the way they did It. Every character works in the toy box though.

Basically, certain characters only work in certain playsets. The Disney characters in 2.0 and 3.0 only work in the toy box. This is the stupidest part of the whole game. They should have let every character be playable in every playsets or at least make story modes for some of the characters, instead of just toy box stuff. I mean why the hell cant spider man play in the avengers level or even in the guardians level. It's stupid the way they did It. Every character works in the toy box though.

Okay. That's what I presumed.

Here's what I don't get though.... what can the non marvel figures do? I get that they play in toy box or the town. Is that it? I can free roam and do the town folk missions? Is that all there is to be base game unless you buy the expansions, there's no general story mode?

bread's done
Back