Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Well guys, I did it.

Two months in and I've completed my DI collection with the last few figures I was fighting myself on buying. The crystal Mickey was a pleasant surprise as I didn't know it existed as a 2.0 figure.

O3TmuyY.jpg

So short summary... Over Black Friday a friend had asked me to buy him the Star Wars 3.0 bundle at toys r us for $10. I noticed the signs said ALL bundles, and a manager there honored the Saga bundle for the same price. They had two there so I got one for myself.

A week or two later toys r us did another sale and the Marvel 2.0 CE was $12. Grabbed one of those up real quick! The same day GameStop started the 10/$20 deal and it was all downhill from there. Over that week I must have visited around 10 stores in my travels (also completing Skylanders sets as well) and grabbed all the figures and playsets minus the ones above in the photo since I had zero interest in them.

Over the last few weeks it was eating me up missing out on just a few figures out of the entire collection so when meijer started their sale last week I convinced myself to seal the deal. The lot above cost me $20 total.

All in I paid $22 for the Saga Bundle and Marvel CE, and $2 or less per figure.
That's the CAG way!!! Nice job!!!

Noob question - if I have Infinity 3.0 base, is it worth buying the base discs for 1.0 and 2.0 for game content or is that included?
Each installment has playsets that can only be used in that edition, so the game discs for 1.0 and 2.0 will have content not available in 3.0. The bases themselves, however, are all the same, and will work in any game. Also consider that figures are forwards, but not backwards, compatible, so a figure from 1.0 can be used in 3.0, but not vice versa.

Each installment has playsets that can only be used in that edition, so the game discs for 1.0 and 2.0 will have content not available in 3.0. The bases themselves, however, are all the same, and will work in any game. Also consider that figures are forwards, but not backwards, compatible, so a figure from 1.0 can be used in 3.0, but not vice versa.
Ah ok, thanks. Not sure I'll be able to find too many 1.0 and 2.0 playsets at this point anyway.

Just snagged a few star wars figures, my wife collects DI figures but isn't much of a star wars fan but for this price its tough to pass up, thanks OP!

I sold off the majority of my stuff over the last twelve months. I kept a dozen or so figures that were my favorites (Ralph, Vanellope, Elsa, Anna, etc.) and I'm also gonna probably keep the crystal figures, all of which are still boxes. They'll never be worth anything but I reall dig the look of 'em.

It's been a fun ride, I'm really sad to see it ending.

Interesting move to WB, too bad it means nothing for Disney Infinity.  I had a feeling this might happen (just not to a company that also has movie ties) since Disney was going to license out to other companies so it makes sense to resurrect avalanche.  

Interesting move to WB, too bad it means nothing for Disney Infinity. I had a feeling this might happen (just not to a company that also has movie ties) since Disney was going to license out to other companies so it makes sense to resurrect avalanche.
Yeah, wow. That's weird as hell. So, the video game for Disney-Pixar's Cars 3 is going to be made by Warner Brothers... Impending Disney purchase of WB confirmed? lol. Probably not...but wouldn't that be nuts? Bugs Bunny and Mickey Mouse together at last, haha. :lol:

Yeah, wow. That's weird as hell. So, the video game for Disney-Pixar's Cars 3 is going to be made by Warner Brothers... Impending Disney purchase of WB confirmed? lol. Probably not...but wouldn't that be nuts? Bugs Bunny and Mickey Mouse together at last, haha. :lol:
WB owns DC too...so Marvel DC and Star Wars would all be owned by Disney...IMO that's a monopoly....

Warner Bros is really good at snatching up talent. They grabbed Netherrealm studios after Midway went under, and the Mortal Kombat and Injustice games published under their label went on to be huge sellers and probably made them buckets of money. I'm glad to see Avalanche get picked up and hopefully they do something great with WB. Making a new Looney Tunes video game might be the plan.  

So is online play still active until March 3rd, or did that already shut down?  I've read the shutdown timeline several times and the jargon is quite confusing. Several months ago, me, Saix_XIII and two others were able to get together on the PS4 and complete the online multiplayer trophies, but at the time, I didn't realize there was a feat that required four players to compete in an online race in order to unlock the Sugar Rush Grandstands Toybox item. Anyone still playing, anyone still need this unlock before online goes down for good (if it hasn't already?)

So is online play still active until March 3rd, or did that already shut down? I've read the shutdown timeline several times and the jargon is quite confusing. Several months ago, me, Saix_XIII and two others were able to get together on the PS4 and complete the online multiplayer trophies, but at the time, I didn't realize there was a feat that required four players to compete in an online race in order to unlock the Sugar Rush Grandstands Toybox item. Anyone still playing, anyone still need this unlock before online goes down for good (if it hasn't already?)
Win 10, Win 8 and whatever version Apple had are done, unplayable now. Consoles live on until March

Win 10, Win 8 and whatever version Apple had are done, unplayable now. Consoles live on until March
Great, so we can still do online feats until at least March 3rd on the PS4. According to a post on Reddit, these are all the feats that require online:

Three feats related to the Toy Box (Flynn's) Arcade

1.) Flicking the Joystick - Play 5 arcade matches

2.) Nimble Thumbs - Play 15 arcade matches

3.) Killer Combos - Play 25 arcade matches

Three feats to the Toy Box Theater/El Capitan Theatre:

4.) Theatrical Visitor - Visit the El Capitan Theatre

5.) Featured Presentation - Play a featured Toy Box in the El Capitan Theatre

6.) Multiplex - Play 10 featured Toy Boxes in the El Capitan Theatre

One each for Toy Box Speedway (#7 below) and Toy Box Takeover (#8):

7.) Teaming Up - Complete a race with 3 other players.

8.) All Four One - Defeat a Toy Box Villain with 4 players connected

So Feats 4-6 merely require an internet connection, they can be done completely solo online. The other feats require at least four players. As I said earlier, Saix_XIII and I got together with two other players many months back and got 10 arcade matches in order to get the related trophy. Personally, I would like to get the rest of the online feats, especially the ones that unlock toybox items, such as #7, so is there anyone else interested in grouping up to get these feats before the servers go down?

Great, so we can still do online feats until at least March 3rd on the PS4. According to a post on Reddit, these are all the feats that require online:

Three feats related to the Toy Box (Flynn's) Arcade

1.) Flicking the Joystick - Play 5 arcade matches
2.) Nimble Thumbs - Play 15 arcade matches
3.) Killer Combos - Play 25 arcade matches

Three feats to the Toy Box Theater/El Capitan Theatre:

4.) Theatrical Visitor - Visit the El Capitan Theatre
5.) Featured Presentation - Play a featured Toy Box in the El Capitan Theatre
6.) Multiplex - Play 10 featured Toy Boxes in the El Capitan Theatre

One each for Toy Box Speedway (#7 below) and Toy Box Takeover (#8):

7.) Teaming Up - Complete a race with 3 other players.
8.) All Four One - Defeat a Toy Box Villain with 4 players connected

So Feats 4-6 merely require an internet connection, they can be done completely solo online. The other feats require at least four players. As I said earlier, Saix_XIII and I got together with two other players many months back and got 10 arcade matches in order to get the related trophy. Personally, I would like to get the rest of the online feats, especially the ones that unlock toybox items, such as #7, so is there anyone else interested in grouping up to get these feats before the servers go down?
I'm down. What system are you playing on?

Can the toy box speedway be done in a User generated level for a person who doesn't have that piece? If so, I'll be down too.

All figures and playsets are 75% off at TRU

PLUS, and this is extremely YMMV, if your local TRU is an ad test store, you can also get next weeks B1G3 free on top of this weeks 75% off, this works for both figures and playsets. Again, this is extremely YMMV, it can only be done at an ad test store and does not appear online/cannot be matched to a non-ad test store.

What is an ad test store and how would one know if a store is one?

All figures and playsets are 75% off at TRU

PLUS, and this is extremely YMMV, if your local TRU is an ad test store, you can also get next weeks B1G3 free on top of this weeks 75% off, this works for both figures and playsets. Again, this is extremely YMMV, it can only be done at an ad test store and does not appear online/cannot be matched to a non-ad test store.

What is an ad test store and how would one know if a store is one?
An ad test store is part of a small group of stores throughout the country that run sales a week early occassionly, to make sure everything works right in our computer system. Every now and then a sale we are testing may stack with a normal sale and you get a great deal.

There isn't a way to identify an ad test store other than calling and asking, or possibly seeing if there are double sales going on when you are in store.

so i've only ever played this on xbox one... starting with 2.0 and into 3.0

Lately i've gotten a real itch to play 1.0 and get some figures basically because my little one is obsessed with Cars and Monster's Inc. (I was totally oblivious to this before as i didnt care but funny how times change)

Any recommendations ? I only have the XB1 base so there's that but i know we can get other bases pretty cheap. I guess my concern is that assuming i buy a cheap base for say 360(preferable) and or or ps3/wii (last resort), i would still have to track down the game piece to enjoy any sort of story right? I wasn't big into toy box.

That and would have to track down a copy of base game? I don't have a wii-u but heard that version was free digitally.

1.0 is awesome. The 360 version was the best of that gen. WiiU lacked local multiplayer? You need the disc and the base. The Playset piece and figures are easy to find.

1.0 is great for kids. Unlimited lives and they are the most "Disney" of the entire series.

1.0 is awesome. The 360 version was the best of that gen. WiiU lacked local multiplayer? You need the disc and the base. The Playset piece and figures are easy to find.

1.0 is great for kids. Unlimited lives and they are the most "Disney" of the entire series.
Cool stuff. 360 would be preferable but i guess need to find best deal on base game. I don't really see the 1.0 figures anywhere but toys r us. I know some bases are interchangeable but looks like not 360/xb1.

Cool stuff. 360 would be preferable but i guess need to find best deal on base game. I don't really see the 1.0 figures anywhere but toys r us. I know some bases are interchangeable but looks like not 360/xb1.
Gamestop or ebay is probably your best bet to find figures from 1.0 but I have seen some at five below. Also you can try Craigslist.

The 3ds version of D1 has all of the figures and is super cheap. Then buy the game at GameStop. Get base on amazon for $5.

The 3ds version of D1 has all of the figures and is super cheap. Then buy the game at GameStop. Get base on amazon for $5.
I actually looked into that but thought the 3DS version was a very bad version. The reviews i read were horrendous.

Are you saying to get the 3ds starter pack?

I actually looked into that but thought the 3DS version was a very bad version. The reviews i read were horrendous.

Are you saying to get the 3ds starter pack?
I think the suggestion was to use that 3ds pack to get the figures and the di1.0 Playset piece. I'll bet you can find a 360 bundle with game disc, figures, Playset piece, and base on eBay for a fair price though.

I think I asked before and didn't find anyone, but...anyone have 2.0 on PS4 and willing to help me get the multiplayer trophy? Are the servers still going? If I can still do it I want to do it, but running out of time. 

I think I asked before and didn't find anyone, but...anyone have 2.0 on PS4 and willing to help me get the multiplayer trophy? Are the servers still going? If I can still do it I want to do it, but running out of time.
I don't mind helping if you can find the two other people we'd need to join us, as I don't really know anyone myself (I myself need help doing some feats in 3.0 PS4 and nobody has piped up to help -- Do you have 3.0 on PS4?)

I don't mind helping if you can find the two other people we'd need to join us, as I don't really know anyone myself (I myself need help doing some feats in 3.0 PS4 and nobody has piped up to help -- Do you have 3.0 on PS4?)
I have 2.0 and 3.0 on PS4 and would like to get the trophies that require the game to be online. I beat the Avenger level, but I have not played anything else in 2.0. I have not really started 3.0 other than doing the intro. Do I need to get to a certain point on my own to do the online stuff? I have two controllers so I think I can count as two players.

Also would like to do the 1.0 ones, but I have that on Xbox 360.

bread's done
Back