Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
So will updates still be available for the newer characters and playsets that needed them once the game is no longer online? I have everything for 3.0 and 2.0 for the WiiU but never played any of it.

Yes, the theater will no longer work. It's very simple to tell what will work after Friday. Step 1: Pull the Ethernet cable from the back of your system or turn off your Wifi. Step 2: Try to do the thing in the game. If it doesn't work and insists you need to be connected to the internet, you've got your answer.
That's apocalypse talk there. :speaktothehand:

So will updates still be available for the newer characters and playsets that needed them once the game is no longer online? I have everything for 3.0 and 2.0 for the WiiU but never played any of it.
I believe so, since those are treated as patches/updates, not server functions.

I'll be one of the poor sods jumping on at around 9 PST for the arcade achieves. Maybe even the 2.0 (360) 4-player one.

PATCHES are hosted on the Sony servers. (Some games, like Buzz! Quiz or Hot Shots Golf International Tour, have internal patching systems that CAN go down and screw things up. But those are few and far between.)

Between a few of us, we got a lot done last night.

1.0 on PS3 was easy to get done. Literally just join and stack.

2.0 was just as easy, and there are two tasks that don't require other players.

3.0 has a few, but the big one are the FEATS (not achievements) and those are split between single tasks (Theater) and group ones (Joining/quitting 25 arcade games)

There's also 1 online feat each for Toybox Speedway and Toybox Takeover. You need to have bought these already (In a physical store) to be able to play these to get the feat.

Don't forget that your portal has 2 spots on it.

The big feat most people are working towards involves starting (Not finishing) 25 Arcade (Random matchup) games. It only starts when 4 people sign in. But you can contribute 2 people towards that by getting your 2nd player active. So you technically can do arcade feat between just 2 people.

I'll be on from 9PM PST to Midnight just like last night.

But you can contribute 2 people towards that by getting your 2nd player active. So you technically can do arcade feat between just 2 people.
Keep in mind, however, to do two players on one console on the PS4, two PSN accounts are required. Guest doesn't work.

Okay if I haven't opened my 2.0 or 3.0 boxes yet, trying to minimize the time needed here...

I only have to use the 3.0 platform right? That can use both the figures from 2.0 & 3.0?

So I only gotta get the 2.0 disk from the box & 1 figure from 2.0, or 2 figures from 2.0 to pop 2.0 trophies or can I use 3.0 figures to pop 2.0 trophies while playing 2.0? Or do we have to do something for more than 2 of the figures?

And the publish your own Toy Box game trophy, do we have actually to create anything? I still don't quite understand what Disney Infinity is hahaha coz I haven't played any of them, they're all still in packaged pristine condition rofl...I thought it was like Skylanders but then sometimes when people talk about it, I think it sounds more like Minecraft or Terreria....???

Have they said when on 03/03 they are closing yet? US time, EU time, Asia time, Australia time?? I don't know anything about Disney Interactive... I know Capcom servers operates on Japan time lol

edit: wow the Collectors edition of 2.0 box did not have to be that big. Disney wasted so much space inside the box that contains just the collectors stand.

Okay if I haven't opened my 2.0 or 3.0 boxes yet, trying to minimize the time needed here...

I only have to use the 3.0 platform right? That can use both the figures from 2.0 & 3.0?

So I only gotta get the 2.0 disk from the box & 1 figure from 2.0, or 2 figures from 2.0 to pop 2.0 trophies or can I use 3.0 figures to pop 2.0 trophies while playing 2.0? Or do we have to do something for more than 2 of the figures?

And the publish your own Toy Box game trophy, do we have actually to create anything? I still don't quite understand what Disney Infinity is hahaha coz I haven't played any of them, they're all still in packaged pristine condition rofl...I thought it was like Skylanders but then sometimes when people talk about it, I think it sounds more like Minecraft or Terreria....???

Have they said when on 03/03 they are closing yet? US time, EU time, Asia time, Australia time?? I don't know anything about Disney Interactive... I know Capcom servers operates on Japan time lol

edit: wow the Collectors edition of 2.0 box did not have to be that big. Disney wasted so much space inside the box that contains just the collectors stand.
They never changed the portal. They're all the same. Just slight hardware revisions.

You just need to upload ANY toybox level you save. Can be the default blank one you start with.

Figures don't work backwards. For this, just use 2.0 figures all the way through.

No one knows what time. Hell, it could be at 4PM tomorrow if they go by GMT.

Ok, on 2.0 (360) now with 2 controllers.  Can I only do multiplayer with someone from my friends list?  If so, GT= Prinny Overlord

I think there's something wrong with the servers.. . I can't access Community Content>Disney's Toy Boxes... when I try to it says "You must be connected to PSN with a Sony Entertainment Network account linked to a Disney Account to use this feature" I am online though & can't link at all, it just loops the video about linking & then shoots me that error o_O

edit: ok I tried https://infinity.disney.com/en-gb/link to link & the site never forwards me over to PSN to link...

edit2: nvm it works if u access Community Content from the main menu, instead of inside the gameworld..weird

I tried to search for a bunch of toyboxes people suggested last night, but couldn't get the search to work for the life of me. Anyone know if they have already disabled this part?

I tried to search for a bunch of toyboxes people suggested last night, but couldn't get the search to work for the life of me. Anyone know if they have already disabled this part?
The search function always seemed to work pretty poorly for me. I just went through the first few pages of top downloaded and top rated ones on the assumption that anything good was already pushed to the top by people who went through the effort to search for the good ones. Then I went through the Disney recommended on the first tab and picked out a few more that sounded fun. I would recommend downloading anything made by The Disney Infinity Team, as 3.0 let's you select show me more by this creator.

Now I have downloaded probably 500+ levels that I know I absolutely will never get around to playing. Insurmountable backlog = win?

Are the toy boxes from 1 & 2 available in 3.0? I don't wanna download a bunch of them on 2 different systems. But wouldn't mind grabbing a bunch for 3.0

Just opened and installed 3.0 this morning after realizing today is the last day. Reading a few pages back I'm glad I don't have to worry about downloading any playsets or anything, just toyboxes created by users which I may or may not try to get tonight. This thing is so far down in the backlog I'm not sure I really care lol. Thanks for all the info though, was trying to research all this stuff and made it easy finding it here.

I downloaded what I could, but when I clicked on "levels made by other users" that didn't work either. How do you find the ones made by the DI team? I got about 100ish levels on 3.0 (even more on 2.0), so I am pretty happy with that, but I wouldn't mind getting more. I'll try one more time when I get home tonight, before the dreaded Disney-pocalypse :( .

The search function always seemed to work pretty poorly for me. I just went through the first few pages of top downloaded and top rated ones on the assumption that anything good was already pushed to the top by people who went through the effort to search for the good ones. Then I went through the Disney recommended on the first tab and picked out a few more that sounded fun. I would recommend downloading anything made by The Disney Infinity Team, as 3.0 let's you select show me more by this creator.

Now I have downloaded probably 500+ levels that I know I absolutely will never get around to playing. Insurmountable backlog = win?

Do toyboxes downloaded on 3.0 on 360 have to be redownloaded on the One?

Anyone want to do speedway and takeover on 360?  Also, I need 10 more arcade matches for the 25 feat so I'm glad to help anyone do that.  I'll be online tonight from 11p est onwards

I need to play 2.0 to get the achievement on the xbox one, but my base doesn't work.  It will on my PC, but I think the preview program messed it up, can anyone help?

Not sure if the servers went down or not yet, but I just wanted to thank everyone for their help! I was able to get some achievements and a ton of toy boxes downloaded the last couple of days. I appreciate it! I will miss the online aspects of the game, but expect I'll still be having fun with it for quite a while.

Thanks again!

hope they stay up through the day so i can dl some more 3.0 toyboxes.

I noticed 1.0 seems to lack a filter for navigating through toybox share. That and it seemed like there was just a ton more stuff in 3.0

hope they stay up through the day so i can dl some more 3.0 toyboxes.

I noticed 1.0 seems to lack a filter for navigating through toybox share. That and it seemed like there was just a ton more stuff in 3.0
1.0 had a list of 100 toy boxes from the main menu that was labeled Disney toy boxes I think. This appeared to be the top rated ones when I scanned through the list of 1.0 toy boxes available within the 2.0 version, (this option was at the very bottom of the menu when you selected community content and didn't display unless you scrolled down far enough). Odd that the 2.0 interface gave more info such as number of download and number of likes, but I just didn't want to waste too many of my 2.0 download slots on 1.0 levels as I assume they were more limited in the beginning.

I downloaded a bunch of them in 1.0 this morning, but that interface was terrible as it kept putting me at the very top of the list with no fast skip button to get to the bottom. I probably should have concentrated my efforts on getting more 2.0 and 3.0 boxes instead as that was painful and slow on PS3 1.0.

Servers were still up about an hour ago. Wonder when they will go down.

I am looking to get the All Four One Trophy tonight on 2.0 on PS4. I have two controllers and just need to get a quick game session after work. I had no luck last night. Hopefully the servers stay up until the end of today.

Its the last online one I need and would appreciate anyone's help.

I'm available after work after 7PM CST if the servers are still up and running.

Just send me a Friend Request with Disney 2.0 in the subject. thanks

PSN: BigMesy

I believe the end is here. I was downloading maps and all of a sudden got kicked out to the main screen, when I tried to go back and download, I got a message that said "There's a problem validating your Disney account"

It's about 12 noon eastern time here.

Same here.  I was so close to the last three achievements in 3.0 Win 10.  Oh well.  Couldn't wait til the afternoon?  It's still morning at Avalanche.  Boo.

I believe the end is here. I was downloading maps and all of a sudden got kicked out to the main screen, when I tried to go back and download, I got a message that said "There's a problem validating your Disney account"
It's about 12 noon eastern time here.
Damn. I was kinda hoping to have some time tonight to download some toy boxes to 2.0. Ah well...I did stock up on 1.0 and 3.0 toy boxes and got all the online achievements/trophies and feats, so I'll be largely satisfied. Here's to hoping that that Infinite Infinity project actually works as intended. *fingers crossed*

I guess the time came a little sooner than most expected. Kind of sucks as most assumed we still had til the end of the day. Looks like they took down the whole Disney infinity website so I guess that's all she wrote.

Was any sort of announcement ever sent within the game or to the email address that your Disney account is registered to? Would suck even worse for people who had no idea this was coming.

So do we have any sort of option for transferring these toybox downloads locally? Sounds like someone said PS3 saves could be transferred to another PS3 as long as it uses the same profile. At least I have a few backup PS3 that I can make sure I don't lose the best levels. Does anyone know if there is anyway to backup Xbox one save data? I have only had it a few months so I don't even know how to get to the file explorer area for that kind of stuff.

If only they had given us some sort of heads-up, like, 7 or 8 months ago. If only...
Lol. I meant was it ever directly said in game anywhere? I waste too much time in the shadowy corners of the internet so I knew months ago. But my theory in life has always been why do today what you can do tomorrow. But if tomorrow only ends up being 12 hours long instead of 24 hours that really screws my whole life plan up pretty badly.

Lol. I meant was it ever directly said in game anywhere? I waste too much time in the shadowy corners of the internet so I knew months ago. But my theory in life has always been why do today what you can do tomorrow. But if tomorrow only ends up being 12 hours long instead of 24 hours that really screws my whole life plan up pretty badly.
Then you may need to adjust your life plan.

So it's dead then...

Well, it was fun, Avalanche. Thanks. 

And I think all the PS4 people owe a thanks to Kain for setting up the DI CAG group on playstation network and getting everyone organized. Appreciate that. Time for me to grab a few more offline trophies and call it a wrap.

Thank you Kain, Sammy, and Isaac for the help with the trophies.

I wonder if the thread will keep going? Or will it end up in the graveyard?

Still a ton of figures to be liquidated at various stores so this thread should live on.  Surprising this week, the actual server end, is the first week in a long time that toys rus has no universal promo deal on them, except now a few figures are discounted individually.  I think they might not have been ready for the onslaught after the b1g2 deal stacking with $3.99 figures got posted on sd.

And I think all the PS4 people owe a thanks to Kain for setting up the DI CAG group on playstation network and getting everyone organized. Appreciate that. Time for me to grab a few more offline trophies and call it a wrap.
Thanks to kain for all the info and invite to the group. Also thank you to all the randoms I hooked up with for group fun lately.
Thank you Kain, Sammy, and Isaac for the help with the trophies.
Thank you, and you are all welcome. :) I hope everyone in the group was able to get everything they needed. Typically, I'm a bit of an introvert, so this was quite the experience for me. It was a pleasure to work towards such a goal with everyone; I think at it's peak there was about 24 people in total. We all came together and accomplished so much, everyone was very helpful and it was just a great group of people all together. :)

Thank you, and you are all welcome. :) I hope everyone in the group was able to get everything they needed. Typically, I'm a bit of an introvert, so this was quite the experience for me. It was a pleasure to work towards such a goal with everyone; I think at it's peak there was about 24 people in total. We all came together and accomplished so much, everyone was very helpful and it was just a great group of people all together. :)

Screw you sidekicks!!!!!!!!!!

Shadowy corners lol...dark webs? o_O

I just installed my 2.0 & 3.0 on Wed/Thurs. The only paragraph long message I got in the inbox section for 3.0 was something about "Welcome to Disney Infinity 3.0 ...these new features..." blah blah... As if the game had just been released, not about to close. Don't know if they released a statement and sent out an ingame message last summer when the announcement was made or not, but new gamers like me didn't get anything in our inbox.

So glad I got the feats done 4 hrs before it was gone...thought I was gonna go crazy with the obnoxious loading times and failure to load errors... Playing split screen, sometimes only half of the screen loaded...my other character would be stuck on a white screen after zoning into a new area...thought that wasn't graphically possible but apparently it was lol -_-

bread's done
Back