Disney Infinity Lone Ranger $12.99 at BestBuy,cin

The question is...is this a single figure or a set? If it's just a single figure than $13 is MSRP, if it's a set then yeah it's a price mistake.

I ordered it figured what's another cancelled order from Best Buy.

Off Topic:
Is there a website that list everything that will be available for this game?

[quote name='myvolition']in for 2 cancellations, also got a couple of the other price mistake on these[/QUOTE]

We're those cancelled yet?

[quote name='Cocojames333']Since the creators of Pirates of the Caribbean decided to make a movie called The Lone Ranger. Lol[/QUOTE]

I just saw a poster for it-

TheLoneRanger2013Poster.jpg

Looks to me like they have to use Johnny Depp as a selling point if the main character is almost cut off. Terrible product placement/money-grubbing and shouldn't be supported, discounted or not. All of you who buy into this should be ashamed.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nintendonly']I just saw a poster for it-

MV5BMTU1ODEyMzMyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjgyMDMwOQ@@._V1_SX214_.jpg

Looks to me like they have to use Johnny Depp as a selling point if the main character is almost cut off. Terrible product placement/money-grubbing and shouldn't be supported, discounted or not. All of you who buy into this should be ashamed.[/QUOTE]

Cool story bro.

We'll buy whatever we want.

[quote name='confoosious']Cool story bro.

We'll buy whatever we want.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for contributing to the downfall of quality in entertainment.

[quote name='Erad30']I'm not saying it'll definitely be good but way to judge a movie based on a freaking poster.[/QUOTE]

Actually, reading the history of its development hell, the production crew behind it don't have any faith in it either, hence the whole point of putting all of their eggs in the Depp basket.

[quote name='Trojann']Why are people buying these toys for?[/QUOTE]

Cool story bro. They can buy whatever they want, even if it is **** and sets a precedent that only **** should be produced, leaving us people that have good taste without any quality entertainment to enjoy.

[quote name='Trojann']Why are people buying these toys for?[/QUOTE]

its basically Skylanders Disney edition and people that plan on buying the game would want the figures the cheapest they can get them.

as for the movie...I dont have faith in it either and wont see it in the theater but Ill more then likely buy it when its out on blu just because yah.........Depp rocks.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Cool story bro.[/QUOTE]

You keep using that phrase. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I love Skylanders, my wife got me giants for Xmas (and I'm 34) and I spent many hours on it. This seems like a little bit more of a money grab with the random discs you have to buy, but I'm also not sold on any of the beginning sets. That being said start introducing ducktales or rescue rangers and I'll probably cave.

[quote name='Erad30']I love Skylanders, my wife got me giants for Xmas (and I'm 34) and I spent many hours on it. This seems like a little bit more of a money grab with the random discs you have to buy, but I'm also not sold on any of the beginning sets. That being said start introducing ducktales or rescue rangers and I'll probably cave.[/QUOTE]

It's only a matter of time before all the freaking disney characters are released. I fear for my wallet.

if Marvel Heroes, Muppets, or Star Wars sets are brought out then yah...Ill be broke. Id be down for old cartoons too like Ducktales, Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, etc...but dont see those happening.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']It's only a matter of time before all the freaking disney characters are released. I fear for my wallet.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Marvel and Star Wars...and possibly KH/SE

Thanks for posting. What the heck - I'll get one for $12.99 even if the movie is mediocre. The figure set you can see here.

I'm really looking forward to this line.

Cool story bro. They can buy whatever they want, even if it is **** and sets a precedent that only **** should be produced, leaving us people that have good taste without any quality entertainment to enjoy.
Lololol. Why you're having a problem with this makes no sense. It could be worse. There's plenty of quality entertainment out there.

I'd also buy Marvel figs.

Thanks for bumping this. Ordered the first time, but there was an issue with payment and the ordered was cancelled.

Ordered again with paypal.

Was the villains pack 12.99 once? I know the sidekicks was (I bought that one). Sucks that I missed it if it was.

I'm really torn on this game.  I'd hate to make the jump and get in over my head, but its soooo hard to pass up on deals like this....

This is the same company that did the Toy Story 3 game and it was GREAT as far as movie and kid games go.  I can't recommend that game enough if you've got a toy story fan in the house.

EDIT:  Couldn't resist, preordered.

Thanks for contributing to the downfall of quality in entertainment.
Hahaha.... what's with you? This is an add-on for a video game and it selling well has nothing to do with supporting the movie. If anything, it might help push it, but if I buy this for my kid and don't see the movie how is that "contributing to the downfall of quality in entertainment"?

Just ordered one to go along with my Sidekicks pack I ordered in early May.  Has there been any deals on the villians or cars packs?  

That link is your response to my post? What are you even trying to say?

It's The Lone Ranger... THE LONE RANGER. Who cares???

I'll agree with you that Hollywood is getting pretty cheap rehashing old ideas and reinventing stories that have no business being messed with, but calling people out for buying a video game add-on just because its tied to one of these said ideas is just stupid. This is not, in any way, them giving a big "thumbs up" to the movie.

I'll try for 2 cancellations. The game looks fun, saw it at E3. I think Disney will make a lot of money on these expansions and hopefully some of these will be hard to find come Christmas.

I'll try for 2 cancellations. The game looks fun, saw it at E3. I think Disney will make a lot of money on these expansions and hopefully some of these will be hard to find come Christmas.
I'm not so certain there will be cancellations. The Sidekicks pack that was $12.99 by mistake before is now bumped up to a correct $29.99, yet my order with the lower price still stands. I had the game ordered from Amazon, but I decided to not get it after all. Me and my sons are big fans of Skylanders, but it is a mistake to think this game is anything like Skylanders. Skylanders is similar to a streamlined Diablo, Infinity is more like a streamlined Little Big Planet. I just don't think my sons will get into the level building, they would rather just play Minecraft and I don't know how much value it will be without taking an interest in the level creation tools.

I don't know what the figures do in Infinity other than look cool and unlock content. At least in Skylanders they store your character progress/money. Sure both are Physical DLC, but I haven't seen anything on whether the Infinity figures actually store any data. I'll probably hold onto the BB pre-order for the Sidekicks even though I'm reconsidering the game. Those figures are pretty cool that my youngest will like, and at $12.99 not a bad deal.

Wow, so did they fix this since you bought yesterday? I'm seeing $34.99 now.

Honestly, even $12.99 seems overpriced. There is no way this stuff is worth the $35 retail though. I see a lot of discounts down the line (like often happens with Skylanders figure sets). I have that earlier Sidekick pack ordered, but I am resisting getting into the game itself as that will add up quick even with the occasional glitch sale ;).

I'm not so certain there will be cancellations. The Sidekicks pack that was $12.99 by mistake before is now bumped up to a correct $29.99, yet my order with the lower price still stands. I had the game ordered from Amazon, but I decided to not get it after all. Me and my sons are big fans of Skylanders, but it is a mistake to think this game is anything like Skylanders. Skylanders is similar to a streamlined Diablo, Infinity is more like a streamlined Little Big Planet. I just don't think my sons will get into the level building, they would rather just play Minecraft and I don't know how much value it will be without taking an interest in the level creation tools.
It's more akin to the Toy Box mode from Toy Story 3 (same devs, too)

bread's done
Back