Disney Infinity Sidekicks 3-pack listed at 12.99 @ Best Buy (pre order)

[quote name='SaraAB']Skylanders go on sale all the time, they aren't selling in my area, well some of them are but they definitely are not flying off the shelves as they should be, so I would expect more sales on skylanders after this hits.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing stores over order the figures thinking they would sell out like the first set. Only issue I have with the sieres 2 is majority of them are repeats of the first sieres with no additional moves and in different pose. Not digging what they're doing with the 3rd installment.

[quote name='gotee12']I bit on the deal but with my Amazon preorder, I received a promo coupon for a free figure. I used the code for Mike Wazowski, which I'm now also getting in this set. I contacted Amazon and they are not able to change the figure associated with the promo. Guess I'll try to swap the promo Mike at a Walmart or something for in-store credit towards a different figure...[/QUOTE]

Why don't you just cancel and replace the order? That's what I did.

[quote name='Marauder7']I'm guessing stores over order the figures thinking they would sell out like the first set. Only issue I have with the sieres 2 is majority of them are repeats of the first sieres with no additional moves and in different pose. Not digging what they're doing with the 3rd installment.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I didn't buy this stuff till amazon had that big sale over Easter and I got the giants starter pack for $37 so I have mostly S2 figures except for the 3 in the spyo's starter set. I used a $50 ebay coupon I had to buy the Spyro starter. The good thing is you only need one of each element to play the whole game and i am finding a lot of value in being able to use the figures on different platforms, especially the 2 iOS games I got for free. I don't see myself buying any more Skylanders until they are on deep discount though, as I feel no need to collect them all and I already have the 9 elements. I also picked up the 2 3DS games which are totally different games and a 3DS portal for cheap on eBay and I am now using my figures with those as well so I have 4 games to play. I likely won't buy the 3rd game unless they are pretty cheap and my figures can be used with it in conjunction with the starter pack to play the whole game. These games aren't worth $75 a pop.

I am not seeing any reason to buy the s2 figures if you already have the S1 figures unless you really have to have them all, in fact it actually seems to hinder progress in the game as if you are focusing on fewer characters they will level up faster and it will be easier to collect enough gold to get all their abilities. If you have to level 24 figures vs 9 you will have 24 underpowered figures which seems less productive unless you spend some serious time grinding for gold.

OK, I ordered this just in case, even though I told myself no way would I be getting into this quagmire ;).

However, Best Buy has some 'splaining to do. This is a preorder that doesn't come out until August - yet they charged my CC for the full amount up front. What gives? I'm used to that when ordering with store credit (at Gamestop or Amazon) but I always though credit card preorders weren't charged until shipment?

[quote name='io']OK, park park Lastred this just in case, even though I told myself no way would I be getting into this quagmire ;).

However, Best Buy has some 'splaining to do. This is a preorder that doesn't come out until August - yet they charged my CC for the full amount up front. What gives? I'm used to that when ordering with store credit (at Gamestop or Amazon) but I always though credit card preorders weren't charged until shipment?[/QUOTE]

True that. ... on both partsr

[quote name='Kitoro']Why don't you just cancel and replace the order? That's what I did.[/QUOTE]

I feel like an idiot now.

Grabbed this, fiancee loved playing Disney Universe and she's a Disney junkie. So this was easy. I'll pre-order at BB and grab Dash as her pre-order character.

Bringing this thread back to life!

I just noticed the hold on my credit card wasn't there anymore, so I figured they caught on and cancelled the order. When I check BB, I saw it is back up to $29.99. However, my order is "Still in Process" but with a price of $13.90. I can care less for the extra dollar because it's still a good deal, but can they raise the price like that? I'm just worried that they will charge me the full amount when it is released, which at that point I'll just cancel the order and wait for a deal.

[quote name='Manifest95']Bringing this thread back to life!

I just noticed the hold on my credit card wasn't there anymore, so I figured they caught on and cancelled the order. When I check BB, I saw it is back up to $29.99. However, my order is "Still in Process" but with a price of $13.90. I can care less for the extra dollar because it's still a good deal, but can they raise the price like that? I'm just worried that they will charge me the full amount when it is released, which at that point I'll just cancel the order and wait for a deal.[/QUOTE]

Interesting - I'll have to check my order out.

But be careful with open Best Buy orders. There was a big game clearance event a few years back and I had some open orders with backordered games on them. Before eventually canceling those, one of the items that had shipped to me already went up in price and I was stunned that they actually charged my CC for the difference! I straightened that out with a phone call, but just beware that open orders at Best Buy are an "issue" and you need to keep an eye on them.

Edit: Mine is still $12.99...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I hope either skylanders or disney fails. I do not want to collect both![/QUOTE]
Haha right! My wallet hurts from the two skylander games, this one scares the shit out of me.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I hope either skylanders or disney fails. I do not want to collect both![/QUOTE]

Ha! I just jumped on Skylanders today with that Toys R Us deal, so I probably can't do both. But the wife and I love Disney, and my son's friends all have Skylander. Gotta see how this turns out I guess. Or just wait until Infinity sells for really cheap like I just did with Skylander Giants.

[quote name='confoosious']Tax?[/QUOTE]

Most likely! Tax in NJ comes out to 91 cents, so there you go. Good call!

I'm so looking forward to this game. It's coming out right before my son's 8th birthday and we're Disney nuts too and love Toy Story 3's toy box mode. Can't wait to try this one out and I never buy this stuff right after it comes out.

Sorry to bump this thread, but they actually shipped it today with my total still being $13.77. Now I guess I have to collect for this game as well now.

Same here...got my tracking number.  Time to pick up the game on Sunday, still deciding on what free figure to chose those.  I could get Randall to complete the Monsters Inc set, or go for Dash...

I got the Lone Ranger pack for this price, didn't realize the 3-pack sidekicks were listed for this price too when they first went up. Mine shipped today, although it got cancelled a couple weeks ago because my card got rejected for some reason. I had to call them back to reorder it, they were about to charge me the full price when I asked why I couldn't get it at the price I ordered it for. The lady was very nice so she changed it back. I assume she was being nice because the call took about an hour, she kept having trouble with her computer and I was really patient. LOL

Yup, ordered Lone Ranger and I got my shipping info today too... I dont even think i am going to buy the game right away but I know I will eventually when I have more money... or a black friday sale... but I think i am going to get that crystal lightning mcqueen at toys r us and another for 50% off... i just dont know which one I will get with it.

Yeah, mine shipped too but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it.  I could just sell the set since I decided I was done with both Skylanders and won't even get into this.  Or at least I am going to wait until the starter packs are $20 like the Skylanders ones so often go on sale for.  I suppose I could keep this 3-pack and then when I get the starter pack cheap (probably in the Spring or early summer next year) I'll have the extra characters for the kids.

I can pick up my order for the 3-pack and Lone Ranger set tomorrow. Quite pleased they didn't cancel these orders. $14 for each is a great deal.

Yup, ordered Lone Ranger and I got my shipping info today too... I dont even think i am going to buy the game right away but I know I will eventually when I have more money... or a black friday sale... but I think i am going to get that crystal lightning mcqueen at toys r us and another for 50% off... i just dont know which one I will get with it.
Is there a buy one get one 50% off at toyrus?

I pre-ordered Disney Infinity from Best Buy so here is my plan for Sunday (I also have a good amount of trade in credit towards this):

1) pick up the Starter Kit ($75 credit already at BB) and get the FREE character of my daughter's choice (pre-order bonus) and (hopefully) get the FREE power disc holder (in tomorrow's ad - for purchasing any starter kit).

2)price match the Cars playset from Target ($17.50)

3)price match 2 power disc packs from Target ($10 Reward Zone coupon)

4)wait for my previous order of the 3 pack of characters (about $13)

5)wish that they had a Disney Princess playset....for my daughter of course....

whats this disney infinity? Won one from playstation. Is it a 3rd person game or what? do i just play through different players stories?

bread's done
Back