Disney Movie Club Question

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Is the Disney Movie Club worth it? They're offering 5 movies for $5, but you then have to buy 5 more movies over the next 24 months. What concerns me is that the blu-rays start at $29.95. However, they also mention there are monthly featured titles.

Does anyone know if the monthly featured titles are discounted and by how much?

I'd like to order more but I'm having a hard time coming up with 6 or 7 titles. I have all the Pixar films on blu already except Ratatouille, Cars 2, and Finding Nemo which isnt on blu yet. And have all the classic animated films on blu that are offered. I need to get Lady and the Tramp still but its not offered. Would have probably just ordered that as one of the other 2 I have to order. Would get Nauticca so that would bring me to 3. And maybe the Pixar short films. Are the Disnature Flamingo and Ocean movies any good? Is this deal ever expire? I know its been going on over a year already.

The magic code is the digital redemption code but my point was that nothing was inside.

And they all came with slip covers except for The Incredibles (4-disc case is thicker than the rest).

Typically how long before new releases are available as sign up selections? Passed on picking up Treasure Planet & the Home on the Range blu's thinking I could just wait and get them when I sign up some time in the future.

[quote name='AirMcLaren']The magic code is the digital redemption code but my point was that nothing was inside.

And they all came with slip covers except for The Incredibles (4-disc case is thicker than the rest).[/QUOTE]

Unless they changed since I last did it (about a year ago or so), all my movies came with DMR codes and digital copy when applicable

[quote name='WingsDJY']Did those come with slipcovers? I'm about to order an eerily similar list.[/QUOTE]

My order of the Incredibles did not include slipcover.

Where can I see a full list of what's available for the commitment titles? I may do this to pick up some ghibli movies and filler, then sell the filler to make them cheaper.

[quote name='AkariK']Where can I see a full list of what's available for the commitment titles? I may do this to pick up some ghibli movies and filler, then sell the filler to make them cheaper.[/QUOTE]

My best advice would be to look on the official site and browse through the various categories listed on the left side. I don't think there's more than that available, although I can't say I've ever called 'em up (which someone previously mentioned could net you a larger selection). I'm not sure if there's anything better for filler, but I chose The Incredibles 4-pack as one of my initial titles and promptly resold it for ~$20, thus covering almost my entire initial order. Someone more patient could probably make more if they wanted, as it seems to be the movie with the highest current value on Amazon (from what searching I did - I'll admit I didn't go through every title and check).

https://disneymovieclub.go.com/

And now I have a question of my own for anyone who would like to give me advice: I received an email stating that I could pre-order the Cinderella combo pack for $25 + shipping as one of my commitment titles. I personally don't want it, but would you think it'd be hard to resell for around the same price once it's out? The faster I'm out of my commitment cycle and can start another account (gotta fill up my Pixar/Miyazaki collection!), the better.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']My best advice would be to look on the official site and browse through the various categories listed on the left side. I don't think there's more than that available, although I can't say I've ever called 'em up (which someone previously mentioned could net you a larger selection). I'm not sure if there's anything better for filler, but I chose The Incredibles 4-pack as one of my initial titles and promptly resold it for ~$20, thus covering almost my entire initial order. Someone more patient could probably make more if they wanted, as it seems to be the movie with the highest current value on Amazon (from what searching I did - I'll admit I didn't go through every title and check).

https://disneymovieclub.go.com/

And now I have a question of my own for anyone who would like to give me advice: I received an email stating that I could pre-order the Cinderella combo pack for $25 + shipping as one of my commitment titles. I personally don't want it, but would you think it'd be hard to resell for around the same price once it's out? The faster I'm out of my commitment cycle and can start another account (gotta fill up my Pixar/Miyazaki collection!), the better.[/QUOTE]

Since you've placed an initial order, are the commitment titles the same selection as the ones when you first sign up (excluding, of course, the ability to commit with preorders)? For example, if I want the DuckTales movie on DVD, should I get it when I sign up, or use it as a slightly cheaper way to reach my two commitment titles?

[quote name='WingsDJY']Since you've placed an initial order, are the commitment titles the same selection as the ones when you first sign up (excluding, of course, the ability to commit with preorders)? For example, if I want the DuckTales movie on DVD, should I get it when I sign up, or use it as a slightly cheaper way to reach my two commitment titles?[/QUOTE]

I'm not completely sure what you're asking, but I'll take a stab at it. The terms state that you have to buy two more titles at full price (which the site claims is $29.95), and if you're asking if you could use the DuckTales movie as a later commitment title, I'd assume you can't unless you pay that $29.95. The problem's that I have no clue how you do that.

Hopefully someone a little more experienced'll pop up soon.

[quote name='Transformah']Do they have 3D combos? Last I looked they didn't yet.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen any, myself, so I'd assume not. Seems like they usually just carry the basic Blu-ray/DVD (sometimes digital copy) combo packs.

This may be already posted somewhere but I was wondering if you could use a $5 gift code on a regular priced blu and it still be counted toward your commitment? I was thinking about trading in my reward points for a couple to help offset the price.

[quote name='Transformah']Do they have 3D combos? Last I looked they didn't yet.[/QUOTE]

No sign of any yet, although I've been holding off on making any purchases of any Disney titles containing 3D hoping one day they will finally show up at DMC. It might take years as 3D become more and more mainstream but I'm willing to wait.

bread's done
Back