Disneyland (Cali) Ticket deals

MarkHawk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey Guys,

I have a job interview in California this weekend and I am looking to take my girlfriend to DisneyLand while we are in the area. Any suggestions on where to find the best deal for tickets or Coupons? I started looking and was a little overwhelmed by prices and the amount of offers. Was hoping someone here may have found a good way into the Magic kingdom. I'm looking to just stop by for 1 day.

Thanks-

It's also my Birthday but I think they ended that promotion this year.

I can get tickets for $67.50 through my job not much of a discount. To be honest, I don't think Disneyland gives very many discounts to corporations anymore. The cheapest way that I know of and isn't any help to you from my part is, if you know anybody that works there they can get you into the park for free/or discount not sure. I know there's limitations to what employees can do but it doesn't hurt to search around on here. There is a lot of CAGS that live out that way that might even work there.

Hopefully somebody reads this for you!

In general, there aren't a lot of good discounts for Disneyland. I've never seen any 1-day, single-park tickets for discount. The only discounts I've ever seen are for the 2-5 day, "park hopper" tickets. IMO, 1 day is probably good enough. Also, there's plenty to do in 1 day in one park, without paying the extra $$ for the park hopper.

(FYI, they actually have 2 adjacent theme parks. The classic Disneyland, and the newer California Adventure. California Adventure is a little more "adult" and has more roller coasters and stuff.)

AAA (american auto association), show your card, you should save a few bucks.

i have seen discounts at costco, i dont think you can get the discount by showing your costco card, but if you are a member, maybe try asking your costco.

the real discounts are on the season passes.

https://secure-disneyland.disney.go...ated/landing?name=AnnualPassholderLandingPage

much much much cheaper to get a season pass(i realize that isnt an option for you but just sayin..)

disneyland has good shows. light parade, fireworks, and also any of the live shows with the music/dancers. you are basically getting broadway calibur shows. the roller coasters are 'meh'. if you absolutely have to go on roller coasters at disney, go at night when the lines arent so bad, less kids.

ideal way to do disneyland is with a season pass, going on weeknights, off season. no long lines, less snot nose kids, still see the fireworks/light parade/fantasmick

make damn sure you see the fantasmic show when you go. yes its worth it. it doesnt show on all days though. check first.

Try Cosco, unless you get a package deal if your staying near the park or at one of the Hotels at the Disney Resort.

Be forewarned though, right now during the month of October they are doing Micky's Halloween Haunts or something or other to that. Its every Tuesday and Friday also on the day of Halloween, they close the park early to allow this event. The past few years they have had this in California Adventures but this year their doing it at Disneyland. So if your going to partake your stay this month be weary of what I just told you.

The Costco packs are a really good deal if you're going for a few days.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc...:BC&N=4294912136&No=0&Ne=5000001 4000000&Mo=0

It's currently 200 bucks for a 4 day parkhopper pass, and includes $50 in disney bucks. That's a discount off of the normal parkhopper price, but that's not the best part.

Usually, you won't want to go to Disneyland for four days in a row... the normal parkhoppers give you a period of 13 days to use them (after the first visit). However, the costco ones expire at a set time (the current ones expire May 31)... you just have to use all four before then.

The caveats are that you're supposed to be a socal resident, you have to have a costco membership or know someone with one, and there are a few blackout dates which includes Xmas time:

Ticket is blocked out on 8/22/10-8/23/10, and 12/17/10-1/1/11

Like all parkhopper passes, you cannot transfer the pass to another person once you've used it (they write your name on the ticket and check id).

If you're only going for a day, there are no awesome deals (there are sometimes socal resident deals where you buy one ticket to one park and you get a ticket to the other park free... last year they gave a free day on your birthday and this year they gave you a free day if you volunteered). However, make sure you go on a weekday when it's less crowded if at all possible, because otherwise you'll spend all that money just to stand in really really long lines all day.

bread's done
Back