Disney's Brave/Cinderella/Secret of the Wings Blu-ray DigiBook (Target Exclusive)

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
:br: Brave - 3 Disc BD Combo Pack (2 2D-BD + DVD): TARGET EXCLUSIVE - Includes 32-Page Storybook

Price: $29.99
Release Date: November 13, 2012
Link: Target

:br: Cinderella: Diamond Edition: TARGET EXCLUSIVE - Digibook Packaging with Storybook

14238307_120817183000.jpg

Release Date: October 2, 2012

:br: Secret of the Wings: TARGET EXCLUSIVE - Digibook Packaging with Storybook

14238302_120817103000.jpg

Release Date: October 23, 2012

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shrike4242']No 3D version for the DigiBook? Fail, Target, fail.[/QUOTE]

It has nothing to do with Target actually. The max standard for a digibook is 3 discs. There's only been like 1 or 2 digibooks with 4-discs in the international market and I believe those were custom jobs (and G1 size to boot). Target also isn't the one designing this either so there's really no reason to blame them. And finally, since this exclusive is designed to target the majority of consumers it makes sense to have it be a Blu-ray/DVD combo rather than a 3D one.

I'm glad I won't have to pay for a 3D version I won't use if I go for this version, although I would like to see what other stores have first.

[quote name='ssjmichael']It has nothing to do with Target actually. The max standard for a digibook is 3 discs. There's only been like 1 or 2 digibooks with 4-discs in the international market and I believe those were custom jobs (and G1 size to boot). Target also isn't the one designing this either so there's really no reason to blame them. And finally, since this exclusive is designed to target the majority of consumers it makes sense to have it be a Blu-ray/DVD combo rather than a 3D one.[/QUOTE]

Frankly, they're welcome to ditch the DVD. This is a movie I definitely want in 3D, so no 3D version, no sale.

For that matter, I find it hard to believe that Target and Disney wouldn't have enough pull with whoever they have manufacturing this to put two-disc trays on both sides if it comes down to that. Presumably there will be one on one side, anyway.

It wouldn't make any financial sense for a maufacturer to change their design for such a limited run product. And sure you may prefer 3D over DVD's but the majority does not, and it would make absolutely no sense to limit this major exclusive to such a niche group. I'm sure target won't miss you on this one as it'll no doubt be a popular buy.

Interesting, but I prefer digibooks to contain production details and such, rather than a "storybook".

If it's not too much more than the regular edition, I might pick it up.

[quote name='ssjmichael']It wouldn't make any financial sense for a maufacturer to change their design for such a limited run product. And sure you may prefer 3D over DVD's but the majority does not, and it would make absolutely no sense to limit this major exclusive to such a niche group. I'm sure target won't miss you on this one as it'll no doubt be a popular buy.[/QUOTE]

It's gluing one type of plastic tray into the book instead of another type of plastic tray. Not really much of a design change. But whatever.

[quote name='arcane93']It's gluing one type of plastic tray into the book instead of another type of plastic tray. Not really much of a design change. But whatever.[/QUOTE]

The 2 disc trays are thicker, so the spine would have to be thicker. Which makes the outer artwork a larger dimension, etc. I see where SSJ is coming from.

Well Cinderella doesn't have a 3d version soi may get that digibook. The other two, I just don't know. I guess I could buy the digibooks and the 3d versions then sell all the extra disks and combine them together into the digibook.

Just a word of warning for those using Target's online ordering system. If the price of these go down between when you put the order and the item shipping, they do not adjust your price (only when it is within 1 week of you placing the order). Also, they ship in basically a plastic bag, so these will likely get dinged up.

I speak from experience with the Hunger Games exclusive, was cheaper in store, didn't get an adjustment after talking to their CS, and it came all beat to hell. So I returned it and bought a cheaper pristine one off the shelves.

Question about Disney's treatments of 2-disc vs 3-disc versions:
Are there any extra features/documentaries/bts etc. kept out of the 2-disc digibook version of Cinderella?

[quote name='PublikDefender']Question about Disney's treatments of 2-disc vs 3-disc versions:
Are there any extra features/documentaries/bts etc. kept out of the 2-disc digibook version of Cinderella?[/QUOTE]

The only thing missing is the digital copy disc.

bread's done
Back