Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy 25.99 amazon

love to see this fall into my gold box tomorrow..... it would cost me 6 bucks to upgrade to another game at a time to rent it off gamefly.... so be like paying around 20 for it.... so tempted...

will make up my mind tonight and maybe order in the morning

Wow great deal. Never played the first. I might just have to jump on this (deciding between this or The 3rd Birthday next week).

*Somewhat of a spoiler: Apparently after you beat Dissidia 012, you unlock the entire first Dissidia game with upgraded mechanics from 012!*

I wonder why that is though, kind of random. Looks like 3rd Birthday is also $30. I wonder if it's the only way for them to keep up with 3DS launching later this month.

Nice, I had it preordered there and got it adjusted. You also get an exclusive Tifa alt outfit for ordering from Amazon

[quote name='scarhawk']Keep in mind though that the MSRP is 30 bucks. I was under the impression that it was 40.[/QUOTE]

Apparently, they priced it at $30 because this game will have a lot of DLC (costumes, music, battle areas, etc).

[quote name='sephiroth61787']Apparently, they priced it at $30 because this game will have a lot of DLC (costumes, music, battle areas, etc).[/QUOTE]

Its nothing special. Square Enix has marked all of their PSP prices down to $29.99. I believe Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together was the last one out of the gate at $39.99

I played and finished Prologus (the dlc-like item on psn store). It's really fun! No need to be on the fence about it =D

The fact the price dropped to 26 on it makes it even better. If that spoiler is at all true, might make the first game feel obsolete, but worth collecting anyways because of how incredible it was.

Totally in for both, had to sell my last copy of Dissidia 1, but had over 430 hours between two save files, might as well reget it for collection's sake. The fun really never ends :d

[quote name='Masterkyo']I waits for $20 or less :)[/QUOTE]

See you in a few months then. Or not considering all the crazy deals that've been flying around lately...lol.

Great deal... but Gamestop won me over with Cloud's extra costume (from Kingdom Hearts), I'm pretty sure that code will sell for at least $20 online (maybe more?), though I don't plan on selling it.

Not a bad deal considering you get the first game with it. However, I think I can manage to wait it out till it hits $15 or so.

I bet everyone would of flock to it if the MSRP was 39.99 and the game was being sold for 24.99. Either way is a good game, has good reviews. Tifa costume is a sexy bonus. Should not expect a 10 dollar gift card/credit from any store considering the price is low as is. I'm excited to play it tomorrow. thanks for the post OP!

[quote name='Chocoburger']Great deal... but Gamestop won me over with Cloud's extra costume (from Kingdom Hearts), I'm pretty sure that code will sell for at least $20 online (maybe more?), though I don't plan on selling it.[/QUOTE]

why would it ... its not limited is it? meanin anyone who preorder got it ... i doubt the costumses will be worth anything

[quote name='VWarrior']Its nothing special. Square Enix has marked all of their PSP prices down to $29.99. I believe Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together was the last one out of the gate at $39.99[/QUOTE]

You make it sound like it isnt noteworthy though, I mean Tactics Ogre was what the last game they released for PSP? Or was it Lords of Arcana but whatever.

[quote name='Arakias']You make it sound like it isnt noteworthy though, I mean Tactics Ogre was what the last game they released for PSP? Or was it Lords of Arcana but whatever.[/QUOTE]

My point was that the price point has little to do with planned DLC. Lord of Arcana came out in January. The 3rd Birthday and Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection along with this game are all $29.99 MSRP.

BTW: Looks like the discount is dead for now as expected. I still expect it to show up in gold boxes, though in which case it could be had for roughly the same amount of money.

Bah! Already ordered at Best Buy (and used a certificate, so I guess I came out cheaper anyhow!)

And yeah, the game is incredibly fun. I've put 5-6 hours into Prologus alone!
(And yeah, its also true that beating the story of this game unlocks the first game's campaign with upgraded mechanics. So it's like getting two games in one)

The first game comes with it? Figures... I have yet to play the first one that I bought for $20 a couple years ago now.

Pre-ordered this about a week or so ago, got it for the same price. Got to use that $20 Amazon gift card I bought for $10. Hoping that Tifa costume will be worth it AKA I use her enough so I get to see it.

I had put in over 110 hours in the original game.....which I sadly lost since the data got corrupted.

Hoping there's some way I can get the Cloud costume (I can't ask someone at GameStop since it's printed on the receipt) & some of the other costumes (like Squall's KH costume (no word on how to get it in the US) & Cecil's costume for buying FFIV: Complete Collection).

[quote name='FadeToOne']The first game comes with it? Figures... I have yet to play the first one that I bought for $20 a couple years ago now.[/QUOTE]

According to IGN review, you unlock the 1st game's entire campaign after finishing this one; and you're allowed to use all the sequel's content in the unlocked campaign.

Damn that is a great price for this game, especially since the first is included. Did they enhance the battle system of this game in any way? My problem with the first game was the battle system which I disliked but I loved everything else about the first game.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']My problem with the first game was the battle system which I disliked but I loved everything else about the first game.[/QUOTE]

...but this is a fighting game, so I'd say you probably shouldn't buy it if you don't like the battle system...

Aw, it went back full MSRP already. I was waiting to see if it would appear in my goldbox today to get it even cheaper. Oh well, I just wait til it gets clearance later on.

[quote name='slidecage']why would it ... its not limited is it? meanin anyone who preorder got it ... i doubt the costumses will be worth anything[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it'll be available for PSN but there are always gonna be a few people out there that didn't pre-order that and get impatient to see if it'll show up on PSN later on. The Transformers War for Cybertron DLC is a great example of this considering that people paid more than around $30 each "pre-order exclusive" DLC around launch.

The game is pretty good. It's actually playable compared to the first one.... I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who remotely enjoyed the first one, I'm really liking playing as Lightning :)

The story is still nonsense though, sadly. Dialogue is out of character too.

[quote name='AwRy108']...but this is a fighting game, so I'd say you probably shouldn't buy it if you don't like the battle system...[/QUOTE]
I liked the battle system, it just got annoying how the enemy AI was so overpowered to me. It got to the point where I got my ass handed to me and I felt powerless because the enemy AI was so good. If they fixed the whole AI balance, then I will pick it up because I did like Dissidia, just found it way too hard.

man i got it in my cart shows 25.99 but when i go into checkout it jumps to 29.99

too bad there wasnt a way to get though checkout at 25.99 :(

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Did they enhance the battle system of this game in any way? My problem with the first game was the battle system which I disliked but I loved everything else about the first game.[/QUOTE]

The battle system's gone through some pretty hefty changes, from what I can tell. The AI is still dodgy bullshit though, but it wasn't too tough on Arcade Hard mode. Then again, I was playing as Sephiroth, who I got to lv 99 in Dissidia 1, haha.

Battle System Changes:

Assists added. Can either use for attack or to break out of an enemy's attack. You can setup combos between you and your assist. (Attack them with a bravery to get them to dodge, Bravery Assist to hit them, then smack them with an HP attack).

Rush mode shortened significantly. Harder to dodge HP attacks.

Unable to combo on wall bounce, except with assists.

EX Mode Changed. Now can be used to either attack with an ultimate or to Burst through an enemy's attack. If used defensively, slows down time and lets you open up on them, but does not let you ultimate.
You can still cancel an attack into EX Mode and ultimate, though.

Air time reduced. SE's said they want players to be on the ground more, but air combat's still a huge part of the game.

That's just from observation playing through Prologus.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I liked the battle system, it just got annoying how the enemy AI was so overpowered to me. It got to the point where I got my ass handed to me and I felt powerless because the enemy AI was so good. If they fixed the whole AI balance, then I will pick it up because I did like Dissidia, just found it way too hard.[/QUOTE]

The AI is still unbelievably cheap in some parts. HP attacks absolutely wreck you, and it's really not a matter of dodging either.

werid got off the phone with amazon and they said they Could not honor the price in cart 25.99 since the price did go back up to 29.99

BUT They would offer me a 4 buck promo credit BUT i had to order it last week for release day delivery.... so even if i order it right now i will not get it tomorrow ?

wrote back askin why hopefully they give me an answer before the cut of time

What the hell i took the risk and got it.

probally can dump the code for say 5 to 10 bucks hopefully.... knocking the game down to 20 and it will keep my first copy sealed with soundtrack since the first game is included on the disc

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lemarfanz']If I can't say the name, I don't want the game.[/QUOTE]
Try sounding it out, that always helps!

For anyone who pre-ordered, you should be getting an e-mail for your pre-order bonus for Tifa's costume. I haven't even gotten the game yet & already they've sent me my code!

[quote name='Zonic505']For anyone who pre-ordered, you should be getting an e-mail for your pre-order bonus for Tifa's costume. I haven't even gotten the game yet & already they've sent me my code![/QUOTE]
Awesome, got mine too.

I wish S-E was throwing up some preorder bonuses for 3rd Birthday and FF4 Complete Collection.

[quote name='Zonic505']For anyone who pre-ordered, you should be getting an e-mail for your pre-order bonus for Tifa's costume. I haven't even gotten the game yet & already they've sent me my code![/QUOTE]

I got mine already. But I ordered one from GS for cloud's KH costume.

I was killing time at Target waiting for Gamestop to open and they had this game for 25 bucks. Though I'm not sure if it's just select location, error or whatever. For people who missed it off Amazon you could probably try Target maybe.

bread's done
Back