Dissidia 012[duodecim] Final Fantasy Strategy Guide $0.01 @ GameStop

BlueSwim

CAGiversary!
I dropped by Gamestop this afternoon since I had some time to kill. By chance (or because I was wondering if they had the guide for WWE '12), I checked out the strategy guide rack and came across the Bradygames guide to Duodecim, the second Dissidia game, priced at a penny (official GS sticker). Without hesitation, I grabbed it and headed for the counter. I asked an employee if the price was correct and he confirmed that it was. I said I'd take it and he said just keep it (YMMV on getting it for free). One of my friends on Twitter was also able to find a penny copy of the guide and he lives in a different state. Availability is YMMV, but the deal itself doesn't appear to be. I would recommend checking your local store(s) as soon as possible. Happy hunting!

I don't know if they always print up a new price tag for .01 for any guides on the pull list but I've seen stores do this before for all of the guides to be pulled, sounds like you lucked out in somebody goofing up and putting out this guide after it was tagged for a penny and the clerk knew what was up and let you have the guide instead of ringing it up and leaving a trail behind showing that a pennied out guide was sold.

IMO that's the smartest thing for workers to do here, they don't have to be the bad guy and deny the customer for a mistake pulling a guide yet they don't have to worry about getting in trouble for ringing up a guide that it sounds like another worker put out by mistake.

I rarely ever get my hands on penny'd out stuff except for times where friends hooked me up. (Which was when all those gaming wallets were pennied out at gamestop)

Other than that, the employee's always looked at me with a pissed off glare. (Either because i guess they wanted to get that credit back, or because they were going to hoard them for themselves)

I'm kinda surprised that you've been here since 2007 and didn't know about penny guides!

They're great deals but personally they are a bit too YMMV for my tastes... the only time I ever got one was with Lego Star Wars Complete Saga at Gamecrazy: the cashier told me they had to throw it out, I came back a few days later, it was back on the rack and the new cashier gave it to me for free.

bread's done
Back