Distortion Pedal

dmpolska

CAGiversary!
Hey people! A while back from the feedback I got here I bought a guitar pack... now, like around 3 months later, i'm starting to notice how s**** the amp is. So, I want to get an okay Distortion Pedal for the guitar to kind of mask the sound of amp.

I'm looking for a price around $50

Right now I have this one in mind:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...1/002-2951859-0442468?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: This one looks better for me... but idk the difference http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...6/002-2951859-0442468?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance

[quote name='Chris in Cali']Digitech sucks, but it's better than nothing.[/QUOTE]

Actually, that might be not be the case. I had that grunge pedal years ago. It is really crappy. My guitar sounded muddy and too "fuzzy." I regret buying that pedal and it only cost me about 10-15 dollars at a flea market.
If you ever get a better amp, this pedal will sound like crap.

the Boss Metal Zone pedal is really sweet. You can get any kind of sound from it. From fuzztone to extra crunchy, the Metal Zone's distortion is super versatile. Plus, Boss pedals are super strong and durable.

if you don't mind buying used you can get a good deal on a used one on ebay.

check out item # 7389007046.

Anyways, go to to your local guitar shop and try the pedals out. They will have the boss pedals at least, and they should have the digitech.

From my experiences boss is, well, boss. They are the only pedals i've bought, besides my xp100, and will buy. They just make quality stuff. Regardless go to the store and check them all out yourself. Hell, bring your crappy amp in there and test them out on that thing.

On that note, what you should really do is save your money and get a better amp. That would be the better idea, IMO.

i also have an ibanez smash box that you can get a decent tone from. does cause some feedback..but it has a noise filter, but that can kill the sustain, depending on your guitar.

I've heard good things aboutht eBoss pedals (heard theyre close to indestructable) but I want to try the Behringer ones; I've heard some good things about their pedals too...I'd say try one ina store if you can though.

bread's done
Back