CAGiversary!
Feedback
176 (100%)
Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga Edition PC download = $19.99
Direct2Drive download version.
Amazon - download version.
Steam version.

NOTES:
Steam version comes w/ both Steam DRM and Securom Internet Edition w/ 5 installs allowed + revokes.

I'm guessing here that the Amazon.com download version probably comes w/ only Securom DRM.
If anybody knows on the DRM for Amazon download version and already has it, please specify what it is. :) It'd be a great help.

I'm also guessing Direct2Drive's DRM is probably also Securom. I'll see what I can find out.
If anybody knows the details of DRM for D2D's version, please share. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Decent game for tha price. Think Dragon Age meets Fable, but worse than both of those games. Still a decent play through though. Its pretty fun, I'd say its worth 20 bucks. I bought it for 29 and didn't regret the purchase. Mind control and turning into a dragon is pretty cool.

[quote name='FlamingMoogles']Decent game for tha price. Think Dragon Age meets Fable, but worse than both of those games. Still a decent play through though. Its pretty fun, I'd say its worth 20 bucks. I bought it for 29 and didn't regret the purchase. Mind control and turning into a dragon is pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

I think it's way better than any of the Fable games. DKS has some challenge unlike the Fables which you can sleepwalk through.

[quote name='TraBuch']TW2 > All of those[/QUOTE]

Unless hes talking about Two Worlds 2 instead of the Witcher 2. ANYWAY, I played the demo for this game and really liked it. I want this game but Id rather get it for cheaper since the Summer Sales are coming.

[quote name='AgentW']im waiting for an xbox deal on it. but the demo was fun enough., if my pc could run, i'd pick it up today.[/QUOTE]
The 360 version is a joke.

[quote name='TraBuch']The 360 version is a joke.[/QUOTE]

probably. but compared to the original xbox version, ego draconis, it's a tenfold better.

From what I've seen around Atlus and gamefaq forums, the xbox version of DKS was well received and praised. Maybe you are thinking of the original divinity 2 release from years back?

[quote name='kosmos13x']From what I've seen around Atlus and gamefaq forums, the xbox version of DKS was well received and praised. Maybe you are thinking of the original divinity 2 release from years back?[/QUOTE]

Unless something has changed, I remember the 360 version had pretty poor, unstable frame rates and in general did not look too swell.

I picked D2 : DKS up on steam shortly after it released during the holiday sale (think it was the same price).

It's worth the money, I think. I've put in probably 30 hours, but played through the first map a few times and never really got to where the game starts to shine from what I've been told.

Still, I had fun.

Pros: It looks nice on a decent computer, and gets silky smooth frame rates for me.
There seems to be lots to see and do for the people who like to explore every little nook and cave. I imagine you could blow through the first area in a handful of hours, but it can take 15 to actually do everything there is to do. Tons and tons of quirky little quests and hidden items all over. And a lot of them are not hand-holding easy to find/solve like most games these days. I was still finding new things on my third play through of the same area.

Cons: Not overly polished in some areas. Animations are not all the greatest, and combat lacks any feeling of weight or impact. The character leveling system does not seem overly balanced - some skills are great, some are worthless. Starting out, combat can be rough, but with the right spec and some levels, you mow things effortlessly. Some more attention to these two things could have made a decent game great.

Anyways...

I played it when it came out and had a lot of fun with it. I only beat the main game though. I started on the expansion, but the initial city was overwhelming. It was too big with too many houses and quests. I didnt know where to frikin start. Also I wanted to get the hell out of the city and start flying again. Still, I think its a great game. I DID encounter a few bugs where enemies became unscripted and just stood there as I murdered them all. But that only happened once, and it was a particularly difficult area, so I welcomed the glitch while it lasted. Ive been waiting for the price to drop onthis so that I can add it to my steam library, but 20$ is too much for me. They should at least make it 15$ since it was $20 on christmas. ah well.

Tempting, but i'll wait for the 15-10 dollar range, which shouldn't be too far off (for PC at least). I'm still playing Two Worlds 2

I bought it for 360 and thought it worked ok except for the UNGODLY LONG LOAD TIMES. Make sure it is the new edition Dragon Knight saga that just released and not the old version.

This game was awesome. I got it around xmas time and couldn't stop playing it until I was finished. It's very long and very fun. The animations and combat are really well done too. The armor designs are really great too.

bread's done
Back