Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga - Out Now

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
divinityII_promoart.png

Information
Divinity II – The Dragon Knight Saga is an epic role-playing game on PC and Xbox 360, that combines the complete adventures of the legendary dragon Knight.

This incredible RPG includes the entirely remastered and improved version of Ego Draconis, the original adventure of the Divinity II saga. The content of this edition as well as its graphic engine have both been much improved and overhauled, in order to provide a more beautiful and richer game experience!

Divinity II – The Dragon Knight Saga also includes the brand new adventure Flames of Vengeance, which adds dozens of hours of gameplay to the original story, and packs loads of new quests, creatures and items, as well as a spectacular finale to this great saga!

A total of over 100 hours of gameplay and more than 180 original quests await you in this epic role-playing game. Embrace the Dragon Knight's destiny and annihilate the threat that looms over Rivellon!

Bonuses

Each and every launch copy of Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga includes a free soundtrack CD featuring 21 tracks from composer Kirill Pokrovsky's heroic fantasy score. In addition to the game and bonus CD, fans who pre-order at a participating retailer will also get The Art of Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga, a 52-page, full color art book (7.5" wide x 5.25" tall) featuring spectacular creature and world designs from the game. The entire set can be had for only $39.99, but pre-order bonus quantities are limited so fans are advised to reserve their copy as soon as possible!

Discover the Artbook
Atlus Plays

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRmVHOZUBJE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KgRF_AQlg0

Last edited by a moderator:
missed the stream, how's the game look?

edit: trailer i just watched says it has a new graphics engine and the original game is revised and remastered, plus tons of new content and add-ons. i didnt like the demo too much for the original game, but this looks much improved..

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks pretty good for not being made with a huge budget. I just got my copy today, so I'll be playing it tonight. The art book is the exact same size as the case, so the promo picture above is a little misleading.

Aram did mention near the end of the stream that they would look at the stream and if it's good enough, that they'd upload it to Youtube for everybody else to watch.

I played a bunch of this last night and am enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. As long as you're not expecting top notch visual and audio polish, you should enjoy it if you liked the demo.

They seemed to be 100% certain that they'll put the streams up on Youtube, so it'll just be a matter of how quickly they'll get that done so everybody else can see it. They were playing a bit of a further save to show off some later stuff involving the dragon stuff, but their debug unit died and took the save with it about ten minutes in. They played another save from an earlier point in the game for the rest of the stream.

Man, it's a good thing I never bought Ego Draconis(considering TDKS has it... but improved). Pre-ordered it last week, can't wait!

I preordered it. I remember hearing mixed things about the previous entry, but for $40 and around 100 hrs of gameplay I'm in. It looks interesting enough. Hopefully it will kill a lot of my time.

Some nice quotes from the release day press release:
"Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga represents one of the greatest values for RPG fans thus far this year," said Aram Jabbari, Manager of PR and Sales at Atlus. "Also, it has dragons. It offers Xbox 360 system owners a polished, balanced experience, with a completely redone graphics engine and overhauled interface that delivers on the full promise of Divinity II. Moreover, it doesn't just depend on stats and loot to earn its 'RPG' moniker. Did I mention it has dragons in it, and that you can become one? The Dragon Knight Saga provides gamers with difficult choices, often with no clear right or wrong, that have lasting effects on the player character and the world they inhabit. With over 100 hours of content via what is essentially two adventures in one package, meaningful character progression, memorable quests, fast-paced action RPG combat, and the thrill of flying and dogfighting as a gigantic dragon--did I mention the game has dragons?--and all for only $39.99, it's hard to find a better bang-for-buck purchase right now."

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Some nice quotes from the release day press release:[/QUOTE]

I agree with presser they sent out. I love Atlus, but I can't justify an MSRP purchase for a game that is buggy and not up to standard. The demo showed me that Atlus really put time back into this game and they believe in it. I've only played an hour or so, but it feels like DA, ME, and an Atlus RPG all rolled with the Atlus touch, care, and presentation. It has a certain charm to it. I wasn't planning on buying another game this month, but I was sold with the extra goodies and care put into the game. I should be able to play this for a while.

Man, my Gamestop won't be getting it until tomorrow. Somewhat frustrated by that since I didn't have work Tuesday and it was the perfect day to just waste away on this game.

[quote name='Daywalker']Man, my Gamestop won't be getting it until tomorrow. Somewhat frustrated by that since I didn't have work Tuesday and it was the perfect day to just waste away on this game.[/QUOTE]

That's one of the bigger reasons why I don't shop at GS anymore. I went to buy NHL 09 (ancient history time!) the day it was released at a GS, and was told that the "release day" is actually the "shipping day." Therefore, GS does not have games in stock until a day or two after. Amazon has Release Day Delivery and I have never looked back. I recommend using Amazon and RDD because everything is done for you, and at a cheaper cost a majority of the time.

So I grabbed this yesterday. Anyone found an achievement list that isn't all SEcret? I was trying to make sure I don't miss to much on my play through but everyone has majority so you can't see them.

Damn it, these fortresses in Orobas Fjords are a pain in the ass.

For the 'No Dragon Zone' surrounding the High Hall, is that permanent or can it be terminated similar to the very beginning of that map with the three levers?

Even though no one has posted on here for over a month, if anyone is still thinking about getting Divinity II : DKS (like me), it is one of the games on the deal at Amazon for B1G1 50% off.

Not much chat about this one.....I'm thinking about getting it. For those who have played it, how does it compare to the Dragon Age games or Fable?

It's very different from either of those games. It's kind of like if Oblivion had a good third-person view, was a bit more focused, and was made by a smaller European developer. There's a demo that lets you play the first few missions in the game.

I got suckered in to buying Two Worlds II after I read so many reviews about how much it was like Oblivion, and nothing like the first Two Worlds. I HATED that game, and found it largely unplayable. Is this better than Two Worlds II? I really like a big western fantasy RPG.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']I got suckered in to buying Two Worlds II after I read so many reviews about how much it was like Oblivion, and nothing like the first Two Worlds. I HATED that game, and found it largely unplayable. Is this better than Two Worlds II? I really like a big western fantasy RPG.[/QUOTE]

Hrm...Been playing Two Worlds 2 for about a week and a half and been absolutely loving it. What's unplayable about it? The graphics (ps3) are excellent, the combat is smooth, doling out the xp points is easy, plus I have no problem picking locks, unlike in Oblivion...LOL.

Played Divinity 2 before the overhaul and Hated it with a passion, returning it to GS a few hours after buying it. The graphics were sub-par and the npc's were like cardboard cutouts. Plus wasn't a fan of the text wall and the combat was iffy as well.

Wondering how improved this new version is as I'm just a few hours away from finishing TW2. Judging from teh videos there's not much improvement on the look of the characters though, and the awful text wall is still there...Not to mention the idiotic running animation. Flailing arms FTL...LOL.

I'm playing the demo right now. Surprisingly solid! I think it has a fable vibe to it. Never played Oblivion, so I can't comment on how it compares. The only thing that scares me off is how under hyped the game is and I'm nervous I won't find a good walkthrough if I get stuck. Still, I'll probably pick it up to keep me occupied until Deus Ex in august.

bread's done
Back