Divinty II 360/PC $37.00 @Amazon.com

Thanks op! Rented the game and liked it a lot, its not as great as those high ranked RPGs ala Oblivion, but it was very entertaining and fun overall.

[quote name='shrike4242']Damn, that didn't take long.[/QUOTE]

It never does these days... such a contrast to the start of this gen, where games were so resistant to price drops.

Hmm.. I'll probably wait for a further drop, which seems likely given how quickly it's dropped to $40.

I've recently started Sacred 2 and am loving it, so I'll no longer be overlooking obscure(ish) console RPG ports from small European developers.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']It never does these days... such a contrast to the start of this gen, where games were so resistant to price drops.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's as much a sign of the ending of a life cycle of the generation of consoles as it is a sign of the movement of units and that stores/warehouses can't afford to sit on copies in storage anymore.

The belief is that if they don't get moved, they'll never get moved so they drop the price in as son as movement becomes soft, hoping to spark it.

It's a "sign of the times" I think. It's sad to a certain degree, since it also means that the games I enjoy that drop in price fast are likely not being made again or getting sequels.

[quote name='Poor2More']$20 is the sweet spot for me[/QUOTE]

Ayup. Even Shipwreck was kinda "eh" about it, and he is largely positive in all his reviews.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']I don't think it's as much a sign of the ending of a life cycle of the generation of consoles as it is a sign of the movement of units and that stores/warehouses can't afford to sit on copies in storage anymore.

The belief is that if they don't get moved, they'll never get moved so they drop the price in as son as movement becomes soft, hoping to spark it.

It's a "sign of the times" I think. It's sad to a certain degree, since it also means that the games I enjoy that drop in price fast are likely not being made again or getting sequels.[/QUOTE]

I generally agree with what you're saying and didn't intend to imply that I thought there was a correlation between the time period in a generation and the rate of sales.... I was just attempting to contrast the realities of two different periods in recent gaming history.

bread's done
Back