DJ Hero $109.99 at Costco...

VxExLxVxExT

CAGiversary!
while i was at Costco today, i noticed that they had DJ Hero for $109.99 for all 3 systems. while that's only $10 less than retail, that's still the cheapest price that i've seen it selling for. in addition, with Costco's excellent return policy on games, if you buy it and don't like it you're not stuck with like you would be at any other retailer. i only mentioned that because i know a lot of people that want to try it, but aren't sure if they would like it and don't want to take a loss if they don't, and at least that's not the case at Costco...

and just know that this is in store only, because it's listed for $114.99 on their website...

I saw this thing in person and saw a dude trying to play it and had to walk away I was laughing my ass off so hard. It's a cheezy little turntable dealio that looks like a toddler's toy. I thought people looked stupid playing toy guitars, but this surpasses that by a mile. roflmao

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I saw this thing in person and saw a dude trying to play it and had to walk away I was laughing my ass off so hard. It's a cheezy little turntable dealio that looks like a toddler's toy. I thought people looked stupid playing toy guitars, but this surpasses that by a mile. roflmao[/QUOTE]

Try actually playing it. It's a lot of fun.

Yeah, I'm sure it's probably fun for some people. It's just really cheezy looking and the guy was trying to act all cool while playing it, but looked ridiculous.

[quote name='mkelehan']Try actually playing it. It's a lot of fun.[/QUOTE]

But its more fun to make jokes about how people that play it look silly.

I am really tempted to pick one up though...A buddy said it was a blast and the mixes were good.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Yeah, I'm sure it's probably fun for some people. It's just really cheezy looking and the guy was trying to act all cool while playing it, but looked ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I love when people do that. It makes me laugh like watching people go at it on a DDR stage/pad thing

I am really tempted to pick one up though...A buddy said it was a blast and the mixes were good.

The thing is just too small and cheap looking. It really should have 2 turntables, not just 1. I can't believe the turntable/mixer controller by itself is almost 100 bucks. That's just insane.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']The thing is just too small and cheap looking. It really should have 2 turntables, not just 1. I can't believe the turntable/mixer controller by itself is almost 100 bucks. That's just insane.[/QUOTE]

thats not insane...thats Activision for ya

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']The thing is just too small and cheap looking. It really should have 2 turntables, not just 1. I can't believe the turntable/mixer controller by itself is almost 100 bucks. That's just insane.[/QUOTE]
you could get some real turntables and a mixer for not much more than that if you hit up a guitar center at one of their clearance sales....
i feel the same way about rock band and guitar hero...but maybe thats because i've been a drummer for 13 years

[quote name='mix_master_ice']i saw this thing in person and saw a dude trying to play it and had to walk away i was laughing my ass off so hard. It's a cheezy little turntable dealio that looks like a toddler's toy. I thought people looked stupid playing toy guitars, but this surpasses that by a mile. Roflmao[/quote]

mix master ice

I'm gonna buy this when it's 60 bucks or less.

And you know how clearanced these music games get. I was burned wasting $180 on the Rock Band set, which I didn't even play.

Never again

You consider $60 to be "almost 100 bucks?"

It was advertised a lot during the World Series but I am also waiting for a major price drop. I paid $59.99 for the Beatmania Bundle for PS2 (which I thought was a bargain since the import IIDX controllers were over $100) and that game flopped.

If I was able to find Rockband SE for PS3 for $15 at KMart, I'm confident I will be able to find it for under $40 eventually (even if it is the PS2 version which I am guessing will drop in price first)

[quote name='denshaotoko']just wait till Baking Hero comes out and the ezbake oven makes a comeback![/QUOTE]
I love ezbake oven's, hope they do make a comeback.

I don't like how two players just do the same track.

Definitely gonna wait for the sequel. Games like these are meant to be played with others and they really shot themselves in the foot with that move.

But playin w/ another person on the guitar is kinda cool.

But can you the fun of battling tracks w/ two people on turn tables?

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT']while i was at Costco today, i noticed that they had DJ Hero for $109.99 for all 3 systems. while that's only $10 less than retail, that's still the cheapest price that i've seen it selling for. in addition, with Costco's excellent return policy on games, if you buy it and don't like it you're not stuck with like you would be at any other retailer. i only mentioned that because i know a lot of people that want to try it, but aren't sure if they would like it and don't want to take a loss if they don't, and at least that's not the case at Costco...

and just know that this is in store only, because it's listed for $114.99 on their website...[/QUOTE]

What's their return policy on video games? they accept open returns and refund in original payment?

Price match this at Best Buy :p. Gonna try later on.

@Wario64

I think it's within 90 days, you can return it opened if you didn't like it or not.

[quote name='Wario64']What's their return policy on video games? they accept open returns and refund in original payment?[/QUOTE]
yes, they do. and not just for 90 days, games have the same unlimited return policy as almost everything else in the store has, so if you want to return it say 2 years from now you will get a full refund whether it's opened or not...

I am surprised that Activision is surprised at how few units are selling... Rockband SE Rockband 2 Rockband Beatles GH 2 GH 3 GH: WT GH 5 GH Metallica GH Van Halen AC/DC Pack... And the list goes on and on. There are only so many music games that will sell - and for every person that bought one or two or 6 of these sets and hardly played anything but the guitar, you just lost someone that's going to blow 100 bucks or more on yet another gaming accessory. I have a frigging closet full of guitars that have never even been opened. Until DJ Hero is clearanced for insanely low prices, I ain't grabbing them shitz.

people want the pspgo to fail? naww man, i want this thing to fail sooo fucking badly.

1/2 price by summer of next year.

[quote name='crewj']people want the pspgo to fail? naww man, i want this thing to fail sooo fucking badly.

1/2 price by summer of next year.[/QUOTE]

Thats not much of a stretch. Rock Band 2 has been had on the cheap all summer long and thats not been out terribly long. Both DJ Hero and Beatles Rock Band will be cheap next summer. Sales between now and January are what will decide its fate in regards to being a fail or not.

PSP Go just seems doomed to fail for me simply because of the way media is fed to it. I can understand it from one perspective, that you dont need to carry anything else, discs, etc, to play, but I also didnt like the way it felt in my hands on it.

activisions stock has plummeted in the past week..and i bought some about a month ago in hopes it would blow up once modern warfare 2 comes out....if anyone invests on here NOW is the time to buy because modern warfare 2 is going to blow up huge

I hope that I can get it for $90 on black friday. Seems reasonable. This game is actually tailored to my interests. I was always intrigued by the rockband and guitar hero games, but I don't listen to the songs that are featured in those game, which made it a ton less fun. Finally I get a game that features hip hop and techno - my two favorite genres!

[quote name='pladman']activisions stock has plummeted in the past week..and i bought some about a month ago in hopes it would blow up once modern warfare 2 comes out....if anyone invests on here NOW is the time to buy because modern warfare 2 is going to blow up huge[/QUOTE]

Just an FYI - that is the exact mentality that will make u lose a lot of money in the stock market... It ain't a place to look for quick cash - even day traders who spend literally 10-15 hours per day staring at stocks and trading aren't guaranteed to profit.

[quote name='ASLplease']Price match this at Best Buy :p. Gonna try later on.

@Wario64

I think it's within 90 days, you can return it opened if you didn't like it or not.[/QUOTE]

Have they ever denied people from returning stuff like this? I just find it unbelievable that Costco would accept returns on opened video games

[quote name='Wario64']Have they ever denied people from returning stuff like this? I just find it unbelievable that Costco would accept returns on opened video games[/QUOTE]

I have personally returned opened video games to Costco and they have never had a problem with it. I believe that the only time limited returns are for electronics, but don't quote me on that.

It looks cheap, but it feels GREAT. I play a ton of Beatmania, and the turntable is like night and day. It does have the ability to attach a second turntable, but that's currently not available in software. Sequel, perhaps. The way they do it is they assign the green and blue buttons to turntables. When you're holding green and scratching, you're scratching the left song, and when you hold blue, you scratch the left.

[quote name='pete5883']You consider $60 to be "almost 100 bucks?"[/QUOTE]

Ummmm... I'm not a math expert by any means, but I consider $109.99 at Costco "almost 100 bucks"...

I would expect the game to hit a regular price of $99 within the next 6 months. We may get a sale price at that point during black friday

The game is definitlely fun and challenging. I've put in 2.5hrs and all at Expert difficulty. The controller isn't as bad as my first impressions were of it but there is always room for improvement. The loose turntable works. The soft-feeling center position of the crossfader actually needs to be like this. It is not an issue when muscle-memory kicks in and start playing at expert. I'm increasingly appreciating the note charts as my skill increases as well....a very good sign.

When it hits $99 you guys should pick it up. It may be tough to learn like beatmania was when it first came out.

[quote name='Japakneez']I would expect the game to hit a regular price of $99 within the next 6 months. We may get a sale price at that point during black friday

The game is definitlely fun and challenging. I've put in 2.5hrs and all at Expert difficulty. The controller isn't as bad as my first impressions were of it but there is always room for improvement. The loose turntable works. The soft-feeling center position of the crossfader actually needs to be like this. It is not an issue when muscle-memory kicks in and start playing at expert. I'm increasingly appreciating the note charts as my skill increases as well....a very good sign.

When it hits $99 you guys should pick it up. It may be tough to learn like beatmania was when it first came out.[/QUOTE]

I think that, even after just playing my first two songs, DJ Hero is easier than Beatmania. DJ Hero actually follows logic and is probably the most logical dj/electronic/club music game. You hear why you move the cross fader and why you hit the keys and scratch when you do. Plus the effect knob and euphoria controls are tight and make you feel more in control (even though you aren't) which is what, to me, pushes this game beyond simple scrolling buttons music titles from yesteryear.

Fred Meyer has a coupon good till tomorrow for $20 off any electronics purchase over $100.

I picked up DJ Hero there earlier today for $99.99. :)

I picked it up for $100 via Amazon (I had a $10 promo credit plus there was some $10 DJHERO promo code that I typed in) with no tax and shipping, plus earned another $10 promo credit for a future order.

Giving it to my son for X-mas so I 'll have to wait to try it out. I don't disagree though, they should have lowered the price to $80 for the turntable and game and tried to make their dough with DLC instead of trying to sell it at a $120 price point.

[quote name='pladman']activisions stock has plummeted in the past week..and i bought some about a month ago in hopes it would blow up once modern warfare 2 comes out....if anyone invests on here NOW is the time to buy because modern warfare 2 is going to blow up huge[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the current value of Activision's stock is based on the expectation that MW2 will be a huge success. No offense, but it would be in your best interest to invest in a proven mutual fund rather that buying stock based on game release dates.

I just checked the sales charts on amazon out of curiosity, DJ Hero is being outsold by Activision's own Cabela's Big Game Hunter, Guitar Hero World Tour, Rock Band 2, and even Wii Fit. Yes, the original Wii Fit bundle, not Wii Fit plus. That's pretty bad. DJ Hero is the 88th best selling game on Amazon right now. Well, the 360 version is, the other versions did not chart in the top 100. I hope it drops in price so I can buy it. I hope it's $60 by this time next year, maybe sooner.

Waiting for $59 pricepoint. I have enough games but I would love to try this eventually. When is that other DJ game coming out?

I don't know why you all think it'll take a full year to drop. Rock Revolution was $20 two months after release.

The thing is we always scream for companies to be original. Stop the sequels. Then when one tries we scoff and try to tear it down. I don't get it. I think we should be supporting these more to keep the innovations coming. The game is a fun game the turntable is not that bad. Just my opinion.

That is a darn good summary of the situation gepet0, many bold risk takers have have their dreams smashed because of hesitant public. I for one think this game looks pwn, and will be on the lookout for a good deal when it ages.
smile

[quote name='TobalRox']I don't know why you all think it'll take a full year to drop. Rock Revolution was $20 two months after release.[/QUOTE]

That's because Rock Revolution was a giant multi-colored turd

[quote name='sfu_lifer']Waiting for $59 pricepoint. I have enough games but I would love to try this eventually. When is that other DJ game coming out?[/QUOTE]
and can i use this controller? haha hopefully-just buy it stand alone :)

Given the amount of promotion that the game has gotten and that companies decide their deals months in advance, I very much doubt we'll see this on sale on Black Friday. Maybe on Amazon, if it's a complete failure saleswise over the next month...but I wouldn't count on it.

[quote name='gepet0']The thing is we always scream for companies to be original. Stop the sequels. Then when one tries we scoff and try to tear it down. I don't get it. I think we should be supporting these more to keep the innovations coming. The game is a fun game the turntable is not that bad. Just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I think the game looks like a blast. The thing is, the most I've spent on any one game in the past month was $10 on a copy of Fire Emblem for my DS, because I'm flat broke. I can't justify $120 for one game, even if it makes me steak and promises to love me forever.

bread's done
Back