DJ Hero 2 (software only) (PS3/Wii) $26.99 FS at Newegg (360 $46.99)

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']If you guys/gals don't mind a pre-owned copy then it's $19.99 at GS. Just add something dirt cheap (digital download) to go over the $20 mark for free shipping:
[/QUOTE]
Oh sweet; I wish I saw that earlier.
Oh well, I already sent in the order; I prefer new to used, but $20 ain't bad (saves $7). Thanks!

You might still have time to cancel your NewEgg order. Ya, I think most peeps prefer new over pre-owned however, GS's pretty good (read: anal & strict) about accepting game discs trade-ins w/no to barely any scratches so I wouldn't be worried about disc damage from them. Enjoy the game! I've got the Renegade edition of the 1st one & it's very addicting despite the fact I don't play any other music games.

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']You might still have time to cancel your NewEgg order. Ya, I think most peeps prefer new over pre-owned however, GS's pretty good (read: anal & strict) about accepting game discs trade-ins w/no to barely any scratches so I wouldn't be worried about disc damage from them. Enjoy the game! I've got the Renegade edition of the 1st one & it's very addicting despite the fact I don't play any other music games.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! Yeah, that's what I got too; I bought the Regenade edition during Black Friday, and I've been in the market for DH2 ever since. Just needed the disc, not the bundle. Though I suppose if you want the full experience, one ought to buy a second turntable (and a mic?). Is it really necessary, or is the single turntable enough?

Really depends on if you've gots other peeps playing w/you or not. If no then just get the game-only. There are a couple GS's local to me that has pre-owned copies so I'll just get it from them whenever for $18 (b/c of the Power Rewards 10% off). If yes then get the game + 1-turntable bundle ($50 @ Amazon) & get any USB-based mic (~$15) instead of buying the $130 bundle (game + 2-turntables + mic). I'd only get the latter if you really want the white turntable since you can't buy it seperately.

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']Really depends on if you've gots other peeps playing w/you or not. If no then just get the game-only. There are a couple GS's local to me that has pre-owned copies so I'll just get it from them whenever for $18 (b/c of the Power Rewards 10% off). If yes then get the game + 1-turntable bundle ($50 @ Amazon) & get any USB-based mic (~$15) instead of buying the $130 bundle (game + 2-turntables + mic). I'd only get the latter if you really want the white turntable since you can't buy it seperately.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the advice. Didn't really know if there was a notable difference in the turntables, but I had my eye on the Renegade Edition since its release, and I am a sucker for limited editions. Needless to say, it was a tough choice to choose the RE over the new "DJ Hero 2" bundles available at the time of purchase (Black Friday). It was a blind purchase for me, but I am glad I waited for the inevitable price drop of DJ Hero 2's software. Now to see if I like the sequel enough to consider getting a second turntable and mic. Don't know any other people that are into DJ-based games; I was very into Beatmania, especially back in the days of PS2 with IIDX.

Xbox 360 version is out of stock, from the looks of it.
Oh, and my PS3 DJ Hero 2 shipped already. That was quick!

[quote name='qwikshake']Thanks for the advice. Didn't really know if there was a notable difference in the turntables, but I had my eye on the Renegade Edition since its release, and I am a sucker for limited editions. Needless to say, it was a tough choice to choose the RE over the new "DJ Hero 2" bundles available at the time of purchase (Black Friday). It was a blind purchase for me, but I am glad I waited for the inevitable price drop of DJ Hero 2's software. Now to see if I like the sequel enough to consider getting a second turntable and mic. Don't know any other people that are into DJ-based games; I was very into Beatmania, especially back in the days of PS2 with IIDX.

Xbox 360 version is out of stock, from the looks of it.
Oh, and my PS3 DJ Hero 2 shipped already. That was quick![/QUOTE]

Ya, no prob. Major differences between RE vs non-RE turntables are the black gloss top panels & matte gold knobs/buttons. I'm also a sucker for limited editions (if it includes more than an artbook & soundtrack, LOL). None of my friends are into this game so that's why I'm not gonna bother w/extra hardware, just the DH2 game-only.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']This game is awesome.[/QUOTE]

Ya it does!

bread's done
Back