DJ Hero 2 Turntable Bundle (Wii/360/PS3) w/ Case & Stand $65+FS at Best Buy

Crazy, the first game took a little while to drop despite crappy sales...this one is dropping quickly all around already.

I know I'm going to regret it but I bit since my turntable from the first one was counting button pushes during scratches. Good find!

just goes to show that music games are dramatically decreasing in sales and what not. $65 for this though isn't too shabby, but i'm still going to just wait it out. by the way, it's more like bb had alot of left over cases & stands really.

[quote name='intoxicated662']just goes to show that music games are dramatically decreasing in sales and what not. $65 for this though isn't too shabby, but i'm still going to just wait it out. by the way, it's more like bb had alot of left over cases & stands really.[/QUOTE]

Agreed with music games getting tiring. I used to watch for and buy some rockband dlc every week, now I glance at it about once a month and very rarely buy any. I'm not great at DJ Hero by any means but some of the mixes they have are incredible, so at least it is something unique.

Is the controller that is packed in with DJ Hero 2 any different from the controller included with DJ Hero? If different, how so?

From what I've read its the same one, though I'm hoping it's been made better as I haven't seen as many complaints about it not working (scratching triggering button presses and breaking streaks).

hey thank you, man. I think more people need to see this as it comes with the stand, case, game, and turntable. Good deal.

rounding about $70 for the whole thing. FS.

Wish I would have seen this deal before I did my Christmas shopping for my ex-girlfriend. Though at the same time I'm afraid she might have trouble playing it so maybe it's for the best.

Myself I'm waiting for the software to hit $20/$30 as my original turntable is fine and I don't see the need for a second one.

The retailer knows things like DJ Hero and other large boxed games take up room and just sit on the shelves...why take up valuable inventory when you can just make less profit (but still some profit) and bring more ppl into the store. Smart move imo and we benefit. :) I don't need another turntable but it's a tempting deal.

Bit. Bought. Thanks OP.
Got it for my friend for Xmas, as he had yet to know the joy of having large fake plastic instruments strewn about his house. The case feels like it could take a bullet.
If you are thinking about this game, this is a nice deal.

I already picked up the game itself for ~$20...

I wish they would pull a deal like this but on the turntable itself for only like $20 or so. Then I would be all over it.

Good deal, but I'm waiting for a deal on just the game its self. The turntable controller doesn't really need protection and you don't need the table to use it. So in reality the case just makes for more plastic taking space in your house.

[quote name='KingDox']Good deal, but I'm waiting for a deal on just the game its self. The turntable controller doesn't really need protection and you don't need the table to use it. So in reality the case just makes for more plastic taking space in your house.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop has the turntable bundle for $49.99 if that's what you're looking for. I bit on this, and I hope my sister likes it. Thanks for the post.

I keep thinking about this game. I love mashups. But I think I'd never play the game. I just want to hear the music. I have finally gotten to where I can restrain myself from games just because they're a good deal. I left RB2 on the shelf last week at Target for $34.98 and I'll pass on this, too. I don't need any more plastic peripherals.

Does this DJ Hero 2 Bundle come with the first DJ Hero game? I heard that the Bundles might be packaged with the first game as well.

[quote name='kak23']Does this DJ Hero 2 Bundle come with the first DJ Hero game? I heard that the Bundles might be packaged with the first game as well.[/QUOTE]

Not bad for $60! The case and stand are much heavier than I expected. Unfortunately, the First DJ Hero game is not included. I'm going to try my flight stick and steering wheel with this stand some day.

Definitely worth the extra $10 for case and stand if you were going to buy one of the $50 DJ Hero 2 bundles somewhere else.

Man all these deals on this game over the last week or so are making me a little upset I bought the game bundle the day after Black Friday for $70. If this is still available on this Friday I'll probably pick it up and give my current copy to a friend. I really want that stand!

Edit: Just noticed you can just buy the stand for $30.. hmmm.. Does the stand case thing have a spot inside it to hold the game case?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='P a t r i c k']Man all these deals on this game over the last week or so are making me a little upset I bought the game bundle the day after Black Friday for $70. If this is still available on this Friday I'll probably pick it up and give my current copy to a friend. I really want that stand!

Edit: Just noticed you can just buy the stand for $30.. hmmm.. Does the stand case thing have a spot inside it to hold the game case?[/QUOTE]

The stand holds the game and the turntable in a custom foam cutout. I got just the stand. I'll wait until the game's $20.

[quote name='DonWii']Wonder if BestBuy would Price Adjust the $65 I paid on Saturday. Is the deal in-store?[/QUOTE]

Might want to wait until Sunday when they have the bundle on sale for $55 and price adjust then.

The in-store deal is DJ Hero 2 game and turntable bundle for $60. I did not see any signage for the bundle w/ case and stand. I think that is online-only, even though you can pick it up in-store.

I am curious to see what the deal is next week and if it includes the case and stand.

DJ Hero is amazing. I just got finished playing the Daft Punk playlist from the first game and my fingers are so raw. Worth it.

if you haven't gotten it yet, make sure to check the case before you bring it home. mine was banged up on the corners and the inside foam was really messed up...going back tomorrow to exchange it. holy crap though, the case is heavy as hell w/out the turntable.

Sucks that the series is going to crash and burn. I loved the first one just don't have time to buy and play the second one yet.

[quote name='bojay1997']Might want to wait until Sunday when they have the bundle on sale for $55 and price adjust then.[/QUOTE]

Just want to confirm that the website DID adjust the bundle deal to $54.99

I put in the order early this morning, chose in-store pickup and grabbed it around 2:00pm. In the end it was about 59 bucks, because of tax, for the game/turntable bundle and got the case/stand free.

Is this a time to buy or are prices just going to keep falling? It seems like its been going down in price these past few weeks.

Holy crap! How long is this sale running? I hope it's at least through Wednesday. I didn't get the first one but I'm willing to give the second a try for this price.

[quote name='Tech Star']Is this a time to buy or are prices just going to keep falling? It seems like its been going down in price these past few weeks.[/QUOTE]

Well the first DJ Hero took almost a year to drop to prices cheaper than this, with the TRU sale of $20 being the lowest ( I think that happened in Aug or Sept ). Overall, this is a really good deal for the bundle and you get a bonus in a free case/stand.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Holy crap! How long is this sale running? I hope it's at least through Wednesday. I didn't get the first one but I'm willing to give the second a try for this price.[/QUOTE]

The $54.99 price is good for the week. It's in this weeks ad. No way of knowing how long the online offer of a free case will last. But considering this deal has been ongoing at different prices for a while, you should be ok.

Thanks for the insight, rbarba4. I should have mentioned that I was asking about the online free case offer, but you answered it anyway :) My local Costco (near Seattle) has the turntable & game bundle for $50 right now (through the end of the month I think) but to get that case for a few dollars more seems like a far better deal to me. C'mon Wednesday! :D

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Thanks for the insight, rbarba4. I should have mentioned that I was asking about the online free case offer, but you answered it anyway :) My local Costco (near Seattle) has the turntable & game bundle for $50 right now (through the end of the month I think) but to get that case for a few dollars more seems like a far better deal to me. C'mon Wednesday! :D[/QUOTE]

You're welcome.

And I know what you mean about the case. Been wanting one since it was included in the Renegade version of the first game. Almost bought the case by itself when I saw them in store for $30.

Held off because I thought they would clearance the cases since they were so much bigger than the DJ h2 boxes. Never expected them to drop the price on the bundle and throw in the case for free:)

Thanks OP! Great deal, checked my RewardZone and found a $20.00 gift certificate for Christmas. I shop at BestBuy once a year if that. So got the the PS3 bundle, case, and stand for $38.40 after California Tax. Going to pick this up today after work.

[quote name='Racder']Thanks OP! Great deal, checked my RewardZone and found a $20.00 gift certificate for Christmas. I shop at BestBuy once a year if that. So got the the PS3 bundle, case, and stand for $38.40 after California Tax. Going to pick this up today after work.[/QUOTE]

Just checked my reward zone today since I also just bought a bundle and noticed I had a $10 Christmas certificate issued 12/14 expiring 12/25. I don't remember getting an email that it was issued so good thing I checked!

Can anyone tell me what this is for? Is there some sort of promotion going on that I haven't heard about? Also curious why I got $10 and Racder got $20.

Also remember that Bestbuy now wipes out your reward zone points at the end of the year so cash them in now!

ordered this morning for local store pickup (chose a store that showed in stock).. and now 10 hours later order status still shows 'in process' and still havent even received order confirmation email (much less the ready to pickup email.. )...

anyone else having this problem?

[quote name='dohmai']ordered this morning for local store pickup (chose a store that showed in stock).. and now 10 hours later order status still shows 'in process' and still havent even received order confirmation email (much less the ready to pickup email.. )...

anyone else having this problem?[/QUOTE]

nah, i ordered mine at 8am this morning and they sent me an email confirmation to pick up about an hour later. Chances are they experienced a rush of orders and are trying to fill them, or the employees there are just lazy.
they picked out a banged up dj hero 2 box for me and when i asked to get another the dude tried to tell me it was the last one aka he didnt feel like looking for another-. i said "hold on" and went upstairs (2 story best buy) and found a pristine one. keep ur fingers crossed or see if another best buy near you has them in stock and go there instead.

[quote name='bywaytm']Just checked my reward zone today since I also just bought a bundle and noticed I had a $10 Christmas certificate issued 12/14 expiring 12/25. I don't remember getting an email that it was issued so good thing I checked!

Can anyone tell me what this is for? Is there some sort of promotion going on that I haven't heard about? Also curious why I got $10 and Racder got $20.

Also remember that Bestbuy now wipes out your reward zone points at the end of the year so cash them in now![/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281749

[quote name='technicalstylez']free Tiesto DLC at cokerewards. getting this bundle today![/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting tech. Downloading now

Got mine in store today! I've been on the fence about DJ Hero, but for $55 with a free case, I'm in. There wasn't any signage up at the store that the free case offer was valid in store, but I asked a sales rep that was in the video game section about it and she brought the game and case to a register and scanned them, and the case rang up as free.

question for anyone who has the renegade case... i picked it up and then opened up the case and found a couple of stray pieces.. not sure if it's just excess trash or if it belongs somewhere..

one is a little round piece of foam about 2 inches diameter.. cant figure out what it does?

another is a square felt sticker thing.. maybe stick on the bottom? hah.. anyone else find these extra goodies?

bread's done
Back