DJ Hero Bundle X360 - $15 at Sears YMMV?

MillerTime2523

CAGiversary!
Feedback
119 (99%)
I saw a stack of DJ Hero bundles at my local sears. Sign said $19.99 for 360 bundles, and $29.99 for all other systems. I took the 360 bundle up to the register and it scanned at $14.99. Can't comment on the other systems.

I was talking to the cashier about this and he said something like "I think these are discontinued so we're trying to clear them out." I'm not sure if this is YMMV or not but figured it was worth posting. I've been looking for a bundle under 30 bucks for a while so I was really pleased to see these ring up at 15. Good luck!

Note: Found this in Colonie NY. Searched and did not find anything on this.

Definitely YMMV. I was at a Sears in BROOKFIELD SHITHOLE WISCONSIN and their still selling the first one for 80........yeah.

[quote name='DKRobbie']Definitely YMMV. I was at a Sears in BROOKFIELD SHITHOLE WISCONSIN and their still selling the first one for 80........yeah.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully you scanned it, the one I picked up today was marked incorrectly but rang up $24.97 (the store hadn't dropped to the next round of clearance but it was the last one so I bit).

By the way OP, there's a Sears clearance thread right here on the front page.

[quote name='blindinglights']Hopefully you scanned it, the one I picked up today was marked incorrectly but rang up $24.97 (the store hadn't dropped to the next round of clearance but it was the last one so I bit).

Pfft. Yeah I had someone scan it. Eighty dollars. Argh.

[quote name='blindinglights']Pfft. Yeah I had someone scan it. Eighty dollars. Argh.[/QUOTE]

Your Sears officially sucks. DJ Hero 1 shouldn't even be in stock at B&M retailers at all anymore.

Sears in Niles, IL has it on sale...only PS3 left at $25 a piece

Edit: not sure if you can actually read the price tag but heres a picture

MrDemonicAngel
photo.jpg

the$$$$father

Last edited by a moderator:
Bah. They have about 10 copies here tagged at 29.99, but they're ALL for ps2. If they had a ps3 copy even at that price I'd pick it up.

[quote name='DKRobbie']Definitely YMMV. I was at a Sears in BROOKFIELD SHITHOLE WISCONSIN and their still selling the first one for 80........yeah.[/QUOTE]

Ha. :applause:

[quote name='TheCro']Bah. They have about 10 copies here tagged at 29.99, but they're ALL for ps2. If they had a ps3 copy even at that price I'd pick it up.[/QUOTE]

Asked them to ring it up anyway and it's 24.97.

$7.50 each? They have an additional 50% off clearance sale going on? Every time I ask if the extra 50% off sign right on the post by the damn clearance bins applies to games I get told 'no it only applies to select stuff'.

Well then specify what shit it does qualify for and stop watching the HDtv's and jacking each other off in the corner during working hours you lazy pricks.

Every Sears I go to is largely the same, the employees don't even wanna bother with ya unless you're gonna pony up the cash for a huge tv.:roll:

There is a Sears clearance thread. I posted my deal there from two Sundays ago:
Xbox 360 DJ Hero Bundle $8
PS3 DJ Hero Bundle $15
Wii DJ Hero Bundle $19

Several left at that point, but I'm sure no more :) All Sears deals are YMMV and stores clear at different rates...

just keep in mind that some turntables are broken right out of the box...you can either opt in for the sear warranty for like $2 or get free warranty from activision....

1 out of the 2 i bought was broken. waiting for my replacement from activision

I checked out my closest store tonight. They had some PS3 copies there, but unfortunately they were stickered $29.99 and scanned $24.97. I hope they drop more at my store soon and I can still get my hands on a copy.

My Sears stopped stocking video games over 5 years ago but I stopped by mine just to make sure today, yup, they still had no games and no customers. Sad

They had a PS3 copy near me, was marked $24.95 or whatever. Had no interest though because I was looking for the Xbox version.

Not sure if anyone else mentioned this, but I see these :360:+:ps3: DJ Hero Bundle (1st game, big box with turntable) for $17.48 at Target on clearance. Maybe even the :wii: version, not sure. If people don't have luck with Sears.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Not sure if anyone else mentioned this, but I see these :360:+:ps3: DJ Hero Bundle (1st game, big box with turntable) for $17.48 at Target on clearance. Maybe even the :wii: version, not sure. If people don't have luck with Sears.[/QUOTE]

Damn. Got my hopes up. Checked both targets in my area and they only had the disc. Disc was 9.98.

Sears is so annoying. Google says that my two nearest stores should have the 360 bundle. One is "In Stock" and the other is "Limited Availability". But when I went there last Saturday and scoured both stores, I came up empty handed.

The sales woman explained that their system only gets updated every few days, so it might still say they have it in stock even though they sold it a day or two ago. Still, both stores still say they have them in stock. Bummer.

My sears is garbage I had them scan and it was 29.99. The reason mine is garbage is they have a huge bin full of games and not a single one have a price on them. I'm tempted to print off the clearance thread list and annoy the crap out of the cashier by making them scan each one that I want.

[quote name='heavy liquid']Sears is so annoying. Google says that my two nearest stores should have the 360 bundle. One is "In Stock" and the other is "Limited Availability". But when I went there last Saturday and scoured both stores, I came up empty handed.

The sales woman explained that their system only gets updated every few days, so it might still say they have it in stock even though they sold it a day or two ago. Still, both stores still say they have them in stock. Bummer.[/QUOTE]

It's possible that they have them in the back room. In Stock is supposed to mean they have 3+ copies and Limited Availability means 1 or 2 copies. One Sears near me keeps a lot of older games in the back room. I found that out a couple of years ago when they entered the UPC for a game and it showed 2 copies in stock and they weren't on the sales floor.

I just checked another Sears near my work and they had some Xbox 360 bundles marked $19.97, ringing up $14.97. I picked one up. I ended up getting the 2 year replacement plan since it was only $2.25 and a lot of people are saying the turntables aren't reliable. This way if anything does break, I can just get my money back. Either way, cheap DJ Hero = happy me!

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']My sears is garbage I had them scan and it was 29.99. The reason mine is garbage is they have a huge bin full of games and not a single one have a price on them. I'm tempted to print off the clearance thread list and annoy the crap out of the cashier by making them scan each one that I want.[/QUOTE]
You find the best deals usually when stuff ISN'T marked. If it were marked the ordinary shoppers might snap up cheap games otherwise.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']It's possible that they have them in the back room. In Stock is supposed to mean they have 3+ copies and Limited Availability means 1 or 2 copies. One Sears near me keeps a lot of older games in the back room. I found that out a couple of years ago when they entered the UPC for a game and it showed 2 copies in stock and they weren't on the sales floor.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Maybe I'll go back and ask if someone can check in the back. I just looked and they're still showing as "In Stock" and "Limited" at the two stores. Five days after I went there! So they're either there [i}somewhere[/i], or someone stole a couple. Which I guess also entirely possible.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Not sure if anyone else mentioned this, but I see these :360:+:ps3: DJ Hero Bundle (1st game, big box with turntable) for $17.48 at Target on clearance. Maybe even the :wii: version, not sure. If people don't have luck with Sears.[/QUOTE]

Checked both Sears and Target and no luck. Sears didn't have any and Target still had them at 59.99.

But here is something at Target that made me laugh:

on Flickr

So if you came in for MW2, sorry, but to make up for it, we thought that TS3 might make a good substitute for ya, enjoy!

bread's done
Back