DJ HERO NOW 107.99 at GS ** Deal is Expired **

akokonas

CAGiversary!
Deal has ended already the price has gone back to 119.99

Well this didn't take long. Gamestop.com has the regular version of DJ Hero for 360, PS3 and WII for 107.99. Renegade edition is still 199.99. Hopefully this drops in price as well so i can take my reciept back to BB and get refunded. However this is an awesome game I am enjoying dearly.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=554

Last edited by a moderator:
gamestop's dropped the price on alot of newer stuff...I bet we see this on for even cheaper on black friday.

WOOO!! I agree with catlab, I can see this being cheaper around BF. Hopefully around 80 bucks. That's mah sweet spot on these type of games.

Hopefully more people will pick it up so we get a sequal soon.

BTW, check out my review of DJ HERO in the links in my sig. Leave a comment and tell me what you think :) :)

What makes the Renegade edition worth so much more?
smile

Waiting on a nice drop for this. I'll watch for a drop on Black Friday. Otherwise, I'll get it from Trainn if they add it to their site.

Still a little too high for my tastes. I'd buy one for like $80, but as it stands now, I already have plenty of drums, guitars, mics, etc... lying around, I don't need to add a plastic turntable to the mix for $110.

[quote name='therpson']What makes the Renegade edition worth so much more?
smile
[/QUOTE]

I have it and while it's great it's not worth 200 bucks. Here's the differences which kinda echo what was in the IGN review.

-Fancy turntable-
It has a high gloss finish and gold metal buttons. The metal buttons are neat but don't feel tougher than the regular buttons. Both turntables are wireless and well built which is a good start.

-Hard shell case/table-
It's carrying case the holds the turntable,game, and metal legs that convert the case into a table. The legs have markers and the whole thing is well made but it still isn't as sturdy as a real table. That said it DOES go 5 feet high which is good for playing and more people don't have a 5 foot table easily accessible. I can play the game on medium from my sofa but if I want to play hard or expert I need to play on a hard surface. This is a great extra but certainly not worth 80 bucks.

-Jay-z/Eminem double CD-
Just a double cd of hits and b-side from the group. Not bad if you don't own anything of theirs but it really has no bearing on the game. Eminem has only one song in the game (My Name Is) and it's not even on the CD. It was really just a shallow pack-in to better tie their names to the game.

I got this using the Amazon coupon a while back and personally I'd wait to get the regular for 80 or the renegade for 130. It's a fantastic game but DLC is going to be expensive, there may never be a sequel and it really should drop in price soon.

I would reccommend it to casuals if it was sold for $99 (a very fair price)....but have patience and try to learn how to use the controller. If it hit $80 then it is a MUST BUY. Almost everyone that owns this game is loving it after giving it some time.

With that said, the best chance of it hitting those prices anytime soon would probably be at frys electronics. They just had the Tekken LE bundle on sale from $150 down to $99. I also remember them having the Guitar Hero bundles on sale for a good discount shortly after release.

The Renegade Edition controller doesn't perform better than the Regular so don't worry about any advantages. The differences are purely cosmetic.

if it drops any more I might have to buy this. Is it really selling that poorly, or is GS just pushing out some online sales? Either way, price drops are always great for gamers.

[quote name='progman3']if it drops any more I might have to buy this. Is it really selling that poorly, or is GS just pushing out some online sales? Either way, price drops are always great for gamers.[/QUOTE]

We really don't know yet but its certainly too pricey to sell well. What we do know is that Activision forecasted their initial sales of DJ Hero way too high. I think they adjusted their predictions from 2.1 million down to 600k units now. Alot of people have been specultating that the game is failing ever since. We really have no idea if its meeting this expectation or actually failing.

It does seem to be picking up steam via word of mouth and people that own it really do love it. I work at one game company and i have friends at another. Our friends that didn't pick it up yet are definitely planning to get it now. Maybe its a sleeper

[quote name='Rig']Waiting on a nice drop for this. I'll watch for a drop on Black Friday. Otherwise, I'll get it from Trainn if they add it to their site.[/QUOTE]

This. I'm really hoping Trainn adds it soon.

[quote name='therpson']What makes the Renegade edition worth so much more?
smile
[/QUOTE]

...The addition of mixes created by Lorenzo Lamas. They are Badass, with a capital "B."

[quote name='Fatbot3']I have it and while it's great it's not worth 200 bucks. Here's the differences which kinda echo what was in the IGN review.

I got this using the Amazon coupon a while back and personally I'd wait to get the regular for 80 or the renegade for 130. It's a fantastic game but DLC is going to be expensive, there may never be a sequel and it really should drop in price soon.[/QUOTE]

Yea DLC is $3 a mash-up.

[quote name='Japakneez']We really don't know yet but its certainly too pricey to sell well. What we do know is that Activision forecasted their initial sales of DJ Hero way too high. I think they adjusted their predictions from 2.1 million down to 600k units now. Alot of people have been specultating that the game is failing ever since. We really have no idea if its meeting this expectation or actually failing.

It does seem to be picking up steam via word of mouth and people that own it really do love it. I work at one game company and i have friends at another. Our friends that didn't pick it up yet are definitely planning to get it now. Maybe its a sleeper[/QUOTE]

Yeah, It's weird, but the game didn't sell well release week but seems to be picking up steam now.

[quote name='NJMane']Hopefully more people will pick it up so we get a sequal soon.[/QUOTE]

Uh, I really don't think we need a sequel yet. However, considering that this game is coming from Activision (of Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero fame), I really doubt you have to worry about a sequel regardless of the number of people who buy it.

The original Guitar Hero wasn't an instant success either. I think it's just one of those games that people expect to not be very good...or not something they would usually enjoy. But once you give it a chance, you're like "damn...this is awesome!"

Activision has really gone pretty heavy with the marketing too (I've been seeing commercials all during the World Series), and the ads are very well done and make the game look fun as hell.

I'd be really surprised if it doesn't start to take off. People are just skeptical. Hell, the first Guitar Hero didn't even have any master recordings in it. Now, Metallica has their own game. Who saw that coming? lol :)

But at least GH had the rock n roll fanbase market behind it in terms of people that can relate to the music. There's just not that big of a market for a DJ'ing game. I'll grab it when it's $50.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']The original Guitar Hero wasn't an instant success either. I think it's just one of those games that people expect to not be very good...or not something they would usually enjoy. But once you give it a chance, you're like "damn...this is awesome!"

Activision has really gone pretty heavy with the marketing too (I've been seeing commercials all during the World Series), and the ads are very well done and make the game look fun as hell.

I'd be really surprised if it doesn't start to take off. People are just skeptical. Hell, the first Guitar Hero didn't even have any master recordings in it. Now, Metallica has their own game. Who saw that coming? lol :)[/QUOTE]

Yea definitely There were no commercials until recently. GH started getting popular, but didn't really make a huge dent until GH3. Thats when it really blew up. Activision has already said that they know its going to take time, and this franchise will get off to a slow start.

Next thng you know we'll be on DJ Hero 4, and Ultimate Guitar Hero 67:)

[quote name='speedrunner17']Yea definitely There were no commercials until recently. GH started getting popular, but didn't really make a huge dent until GH3. Thats when it really blew up. Activision has already said that they know its going to take time, and this franchise will get off to a slow start.

Next thng you know we'll be on DJ Hero 4, and Ultimate Guitar Hero 67:)[/QUOTE]

Seriously. Actually, what I'm fully expecting is Activision to pull the rabbit out of their hat with "Linkin Park Hero" or something...featuring full band plus DJ'ing. Having the DJ + Guitar tracks already hints at it. They might see that as they ace in the hole against Rock Band 3's vocal harmonies. However, I expect RB to counter by adding keyboards as a playable instrument. Shit is gonna be wild, lol.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Seriously. Actually, what I'm fully expecting is Activision to pull the rabbit out of their hat with "Linkin Park Hero" or something...featuring full band plus DJ'ing. Having the DJ + Guitar tracks already hints at it. They might see that as they ace in the hole against Rock Band 3's vocal harmonies. However, I expect RB to counter by adding keyboards as a playable instrument. Shit is gonna be wild, lol.[/QUOTE]

Yes that was my next point lol. I was wondering if Keyboard Hero was going to come next. Maybe Violin Hero will be first. Maybe Rap Hero. They might bring out Stadium Hero where you get to stomp and sing along to your favorite sports teams most played songs.

I really believe that Activision is going to really try to push out a keyboared game. Thats the only real logical one left that everyones wondering about. That definitely will be the hardest.

I need to hold off on this until someone makes a better turn table. The control for inside track scratching is ridiculous. No button can be that close to the center if you expect them to scratch with it.

I just picked up a used Renegade Edition at a Gamestop store for 53.99 after edge discount. COMPLETE with original box, case and unopened bonus cd. Had some fingerprints on it, but they wiped off just like from a ds lite. Score! Check in stores!

[quote name='voidedx']I need to hold off on this until someone makes a better turn table. The control for inside track scratching is ridiculous. No button can be that close to the center if you expect them to scratch with it.[/QUOTE]

TT is fine. You gotta put at least one finger on the side of the turntable as well as on top of the button. You can scratch any note easily like this. Its necessary for hard and expert level scracthing.

[quote name='Ziv']I just picked up a used Renegade Edition at a Gamestop store for 53.99 after edge discount. COMPLETE with original box, case and unopened bonus cd. Had some fingerprints on it, but they wiped off just like from a ds lite. Score! Check in stores![/QUOTE]

Post a receipt! We need an item number so we can call. I will definitely pickup an extra at this price. In my area there should certainly be one around.

[quote name='Ziv']I just picked up a used Renegade Edition at a Gamestop store for 53.99 after edge discount. COMPLETE with original box, case and unopened bonus cd. Had some fingerprints on it, but they wiped off just like from a ds lite. Score! Check in stores![/QUOTE]

Yeah, wow. This is the 2nd time I've had to do this in a DJ Hero deal thread, but seriously...

Pics or GTFO! lol :)

I bought the renegade edition and I wish I hadn't. I thought I would use the stand, but I find it more comfortable playing with the turntable on my lap.

The game barely came out for a week. Don't they have a policy where traded in game has to wait for 10 or 14 days before they can sell it? For 53.99 I will be happy even with just the regular edition.

Sweet spot for me is around 65. Too much backlog of games and playing a lot of U2 MP to worry about getting this game now.

[quote name='speedrunner17']Yes that was my next point lol. I was wondering if Keyboard Hero was going to come next. Maybe Violin Hero will be first. Maybe Rap Hero. They might bring out Stadium Hero where you get to stomp and sing along to your favorite sports teams most played songs.

I really believe that Activision is going to really try to push out a keyboared game. Thats the only real logical one left that everyones wondering about. That definitely will be the hardest.[/QUOTE]

keyboard hero (hopefully harmonix does it instead) would be HEAVEN

All this DJ Hero chat is interesting but where is this $107.99 again?
Gamestop is showing full $119.99 in the internet I use.

[quote name='Zimmy']All this DJ Hero chat is interesting but where is this $107.99 again?
Gamestop is showing full $119.99 in the internet I use.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='asaraa']think it's back to "regular" price[/QUOTE].

The Renegade edition box is so huge, I bet retailers want these puppies out the door after the Xmas season. I am patiently waiting for it to drop to $100.

Well I can't post pics and as soon as find my receipt,I'll grab the item number.

[quote name='paean']The Renegade edition box is so huge, I bet retailers want these puppies out the door after the Xmas season. I am patiently waiting for it to drop to $100.[/QUOTE]

100 is a bit optimistic IMHO unless they comfortable announce another renegade version for next year. I'd hold out for 150 or 120 though.

bread's done
Back