DJ Hero Renegade Turntable Case & Stand - $29.99 @ BB - YMMV

token2k6

CAGiversary!
Feedback
146 (100%)
Been wanting to bring this deal to ya'll since the middle of last week. If for some reason you haven't been out to Best Buy lately (yeah right..) or didn't check the video game section (yeah right!!) then they might have the official DJ Hero Renegade case stripped from the packaging and being sold it by itself. You won't find this listed on BB.com.

Model: 61363
SKU: 1364241

This is a deal because I know many people find the carrying case the best part about the Renegade bundle, and for $30, you won't find that bundle that much cheaper (Amazon DOTD 11/1 exlcuded ;) ) What is strange is how the tag is labeled for DJ Hero 2 case, but the embossed artwork on the case itself is clearly "DJ Hero Renegade"

So, if you want just the case, I think it's worth checking out. I picked one up last night. Just check to make sure you don't get one that banged up!

EDIT: This is only the case with the legs inside of it. There is NO game or turntable inside the packaging..

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job OP! I found one of these walking around the store last week. And while I haven't used my 2nd turntable I got for what... $19.99 from BB a couple months back, I LOVED the idea of another Rengade edition case. At that price, it felt like a no brainer, and I picked it up.

And the "stand" really is good quality, for those of you who haven't used it. I'd recommend this deal as well. Good shopping!!! :)

Plenty of these in the greater Sacramento area. I think its a great deal considering i paid like 140 for the renegade edition when it came out :bomb:.

When DJ Hero 2 came out, Best Buy ran a promo of if you bought the DJ Hero 2 bundle, you got one of these case/stands for free....I guess alot of people didn't buy the bundle, so now Best Buy is stuck selling these on their own. And to be clear, there isn't anything inside the case beside cut foam spaces for DJ hero equipment...you aren't getting any hardware or software inside the case.

[quote name='FurryCurry']Is it just the case? No CD or Game either right?[/QUOTE]

Right, these are just the stand/case. I picked one during the promotion earlier for free, and then returned the DJ Hero 2 bundle the next day. There was no price tag on them or sku so I was just handed the case. Saw these for $29.99 at Best Buy in Cambridge MA.

Next question: Is the foam inside still made to hold a game dvd box?

(Still a mighty fine deal for those jumping into DJ Hero with the sequel for the very first time)

[quote name='FurryCurry']Next question: Is the foam inside still made to hold a game dvd box?

(Still a mighty fine deal for those jumping into DJ Hero with the sequel for the very first time)[/QUOTE]

yeah, there is a top level 'tray' of foam that will hold the turntable with a spot for a game case right next to it. Another thing to look for as I saw some of this foam coming up leaving a dried up glue strip underneath, 2 or 3 had this. I literally went thru that whole stack in the picture trying to find the best one :lol: Inside one the sylical package broke and there were beads everywhere..

Sorry I didn't go picture crazy, figured Google images would have most of the actual case covered..

My BB had this listed for $50, with DJ Hero for $50 a couple weeks ago. I felt that was really overpriced. That's why I jumped on the $100/$50gc deal at Amazon. The reason I never got DJ Hero was because there was no place to comfortably sit and use it without having to make a lot of space.

Wow, I didn't know they're selling case/table like that, interesting... I just went to local BB, don't recall seeing those :whistle2:(

I just bought mine...make sure to have the SKU handy as they can always check that. I went to the San Jose (181 Curtner Ave, "The Plant", Store 1423) location. Apparently they are tucked away on some high shelf. It took the BB employee like 20 minutes to find it. Unlike in the OP's picture, mine was inside a brown box. This is the case only. No game, no turntable.

Heads up to anyone in San Gabriel Valley, CA. West Covina had like 5-10 left. They are in brown boxes with hardly any labeling. The Glendora store had like 3-5 also only in brown boxes. I checked Glendora first and I didn't see them because of the whole brown box thing, and they were bundled with DJ Hero 2 with rubber bands. If you just take the box to the register it will ring up for 29.99. I had to go to West Covina to find out. I gave the SKU to someone which directed me to the brown box. Thanks for posting.

This shouldn't be YMMV. The actual tag on the case/stand rings up $30.

The reason the tag is labeled DJ Hero 2 is because these leftover Renegade cases were used as a first-week incentive for people who bought a DJ Hero 2 bundle at BB: They were given away free. When I checked last week it still packaged out, so you may still be able to get one free with a turntable bundle of 2.
I can check on Thursday if anyone would like. I mean, if you'd pay $30 for the case itself $70 for the Game + a Turntable isn't too bad either.

[quote name='SDC']This shouldn't be YMMV. The actual tag on the case/stand rings up $30.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I put the YMMV in there more for the fact that not every Best Buy might have this..didn't want anyone to be disappointed if they went to check and turned out their store didn't have any..

So YMMV for availability, not YMMV for the price :D

Thanks so much for this thread. Without the SKU posted here I wouldn't have been able to buy it last night. I got their last one. Still $29.99.

You may want to check your local BB if you are still looking for this. Mine had 2 left. I picked one up thinking it was going to be 29.99, yet they are on super clearance and going for $4.99.

I got one awhile back when BB.com had them for $4.99, got free shipping since I'm Premier Silver. Great deal for $5! I didn't see it on their website but if you can the B&M stores will match the website.

Yeah, these were available in-store and online a couple months ago at bestbuy for 4.99.

I ordered one online, and got an e-mail that they were sold out and they canceled my order. Apparently they weren't sold out.................

I managed to pick this up at BB on Christmas Eve for a penny. Was labelled (handwritten) on the last price placard '$0.01'

Yeah for $30 this is a waste IMO. It's a decent case/table but it is heavy and big for what it is made for. For $5 it's worth it. I was at my BB like a week or so ago and they had two left at $5.

I bought one a couple of weeks ago for $5. I was really surprised it seemed like there was dozens of them. Some were pretty torn up though. These cases are not as durable as they look, but worth the low cost for what it is. Just don't expect an anvil case.

I just use a chair and a $5 stand from wal-mart and I am perfect. For $30, I expect a turn table to be included. Pass for me.

[quote name='PapiChuloKash']Damn I Got This From BestBuy A Few Weeks Ago For $4.95![/QUOTE]

Yea OP. Not sure if you knew but Best Buy tried to clear these out at the beginning of the month for $4.95.

I got this for $5 weeks ago. I'm not sure if it's worth $30 but it is a good stand. I'm mainly using it now as a side table to put remotes on.

[quote name='WormFOODx']Yea OP. Not sure if you knew but Best Buy tried to clear these out at the beginning of the month for $4.95.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if YOU knew that OP started this thread almost three months ago.

bread's done
Back