DJ MAX PORTABLE 3 PSP standard and LE(limited quantities for both)

rust in peace

CAGiversary!
As we did with DJ MAX FEVER, bemanistyle and PM Studios are teaming up to make thier upcoming title DJ MAX PORTABLE 3 available in a collectors package made especially for the most dedicated fans. Limited to under 1000 pieces, this collectors set will include DJ MAX PORTABLE 3 for PSP on UMD in a premium box with a selection of exclusive merchandise only made available in this set. Unlike the DJ MAX FEVER -CREW EDITION- sets, we're making shipping available to other english territories, base solely on the demand we faced from the previous sets in other regions.
The special edition package isn't the only way we'll be making the game available. A very limited quantity of UMD Only copies of the game are being made, with preorders on the UMD only game available exclusively here and on Amazon.com. The title will appear in extremely limited quantities at other retailers, but rest assured the physical copy will be difficult to find with Sony's PlayStation Network being the primary distribution channel for the title in the US.
Don't wait on ordering your copy of this game, quantities are limited in both instances!!
Both sets are slated to be released on October 14th, 2010 and will be shipped directly from PM Studios.

http://www.bemanistyle.com/djmp3/

Standard is 40 (also available at Amazon) http://www.amazon.com/DJ-Max-Portab..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1284072347&sr=8-1
LE is 110 only available at http://www.bemanistyle.com/djmp3/

Details for the LE
DJ MAX PORTABLE 3 -LIMITED EDITION- Includes:
  • DJMAX PORTABLE 3 UMD
  • Altenate Coversheet
  • Special Art Book
  • DJMAX PORTABLE 3 SOUNDTRACK
  • Deluxe Packaging
  • Contest Voucher
Limited to under 1000 pieces!
Each Limited Edition set will include a voucher for inclusion in a contest being held by PM. The prize breakdown is as such:

• Grand Prize (5):
    • DJMAX TECHNIKA Championship IC Card (only 30 made)
    • DJMAX TECHNIKA PLATINUM CREW IC Card (only 30 made)
    • DJ MAX TECHNIKA Panda Card (Limited Edition)
    • DJMAX PORTABLE -BLACK SQUARE- Limited Edition
    • DJMAX TRILOGY Limited Edition
    • DJMAX FEVER UMD
    • DJMAX Metro Project bundle package (BLACK SQUARE + CLAZZIQUAI UMD)
    • DJMAX TECHNIKA Limited Edition Soundtrack
    • DJMAX TECHNIKA 2 Limited Edition Soundtrack
  • 1st Tier (300): Free PSN Download of DJMAX Fever
  • 2nd Tier (100): Free PSN Download of Strikers 1945 PLUS
  • 3rd Tier (20): DJMAX TECHNIKA Championship IC Card
  • 4th Tier (20): DJMAX TECHNIKA PLATINUM CREW IC Card
  • 5th Tier (50): DJMAX TECHNIKA IC Card (Random Design)
More details on this contest, including the drawing date, will be announced on the homepage in the future.

I usually don't post deals but thought some people might like this. I know this is CAG but I figures to post it since their are so few copies. I preordered a LE and hope some others grab these before flippers do.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Crazy price! No way i spend $40 for normal version[/QUOTE]

That's not crazy at all, that's fairly normal for a PSP game with this amount of content. Peace Walker is $40, as are many other games. Not to mention importing DJ Max 3 would probably cost almost twice that after shipping. :)

Regular edition pre-ordered here. DJ Max is a great series - a shame we didn't get Clazziquai Edition and Black Sqaure here.

[quote name='Hybrid5006']$110 for what? Who's going to spend an extra $70 for a 5/1000 chance to win some not so great prizes...[/QUOTE]

Well, depending on how good the artbook, music CD, etc. are, it might be worth it. I would not be surprised if it's multiple discs of music.

But yes, $70 more is an awful lot. I went for the regular edition myself, partially because the classy, minimal regular edition cover art is much better. :)

The extras for the LE seem pretty lame. You know when "Deluxe packaging" is listed as a bullet point in the extra contents, something is amiss. The rest is typical LE fare -- soundtrack, new cover. $10, $20 more than the regular edition I can take. $70? No freaking way.

Contest is interesting but only if you're the grand prize winner, not worth the gamble when your chance of winning is 0.5%.

The $110US is inclusive of the shipping cost. I preordered mine this morning and that was the absolute final cost. Oh, and note that your preorder will be charged the moment you order it, so make sure to have the funds ;)

Eddie at Bemanistyle is currently finding out more information about the following:

1) What the shipping method is
2) If the LE and Standard preorders will arrive on October 14th or if they'll ship out on that date (I hope it's the former, or close to it)

$110 is steep, but given the contents it's not too bad. It's not on the level of an Orpheus or Black Square LE in terms of total goodies, but I don't think it's wholly unreasonable if you factor in the often wild "collector" prices for DJ Max LE's go for on eBay sometimes. Then again, I'm a DJ Max Portable freak, so maybe I'm just basking in the glow of a new game in the series ;)

On a final note, I fully intend on opening up the game and LE goodies (art book and OST) and enjoying them. :) That new gameplay system looks pretty cool!

I'm sorry, but of all the attempts to generate hype through a "limited edition", this officially goes down as the most absurd and outrageous rip-off I have perhaps ever seen. If you'll recall, DJ Max Portable was released in a "Crew Edition" limited to 125 units for $130. It took forever to sell out and is still readily available on the secondary market for not much more than what it originally sold for. Attempting to charge $100 for a run of 1,000 copies of this game is not only not limited, but a straight up rip-off.

"Limiting" the regular retail edition to 5,000 copies is another joke. The first game didn't even sell that many in the US in the first several months of its availability. If it sold 10K units total after several price cuts to as low as $10, I would be shocked. As such, I am hopeful that CAGs won't be fooled by this outrageous money grab.

@bojay1997: I see what you are saying, but regardless of the high LE price, I don't think $40 for the standard edition is too much for a new PSP game of this caliber, at least for fans of the series. Also, DJ Max Fever was IMHO very lame compared to Clazziquai and Black Square, which we did not get here and I paid $40 a pop to import (and was happy with that price.)

Anyway, I am sure used prices will drop eventually, but this is one case where I want to make sure my purchase is going towards a new sale for the developer/publisher.

[quote name='adoru']@bojay1997: I see what you are saying, but regardless of the high LE price, I don't think $40 for the standard edition is too much for a new PSP game of this caliber, at least for fans of the series. Also, DJ Max Fever was IMHO very lame compared to Clazziquai and Black Square, which we did not get here and I paid $40 a pop to import (and was happy with that price.)

Anyway, I am sure used prices will drop eventually, but this is one case where I want to make sure my purchase is going towards a new sale for the developer/publisher.[/QUOTE]

$40 is outrageous for this game, just as it was for DJ Max Fever. The few titles that get a $40 launch price on PSP take several years and millions of dollars to develop. Games like God of War and Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker. This is not a complex game requiring an extensive development team. I appreciate that you enjoy this game, but ripping off the few fans this game series has seems like a very poor business strategy and when people realize after they have shelled out $110 that this isn't really limited because there is little or no secondary demand, there will be a backlash. This isn't Dead Space where 1,000 units for a game that sells millions is limited. It's a game that will be lucky to even sell half of the 5,000 units being sold through Amazon and 1,000 additional limited editions makes it not limited at all. That's to say nothing of the fact that an art book and CD regularly sell for $10-$20 on top of the regular edition price when bundled by companies like Atlus or NIS. This is just a rip-off no matter how you slice it.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']The $110US is inclusive of the shipping cost. I preordered mine this morning and that was the absolute final cost. Oh, and note that your preorder will be charged the moment you order it, so make sure to have the funds ;)

Eddie at Bemanistyle is currently finding out more information about the following:

1) What the shipping method is
2) If the LE and Standard preorders will arrive on October 14th or if they'll ship out on that date (I hope it's the former, or close to it)

$110 is steep, but given the contents it's not too bad. It's not on the level of an Orpheus or Black Square LE in terms of total goodies, but I don't think it's wholly unreasonable if you factor in the often wild "collector" prices for DJ Max LE's go for on eBay sometimes. Then again, I'm a DJ Max Portable freak, so maybe I'm just basking in the glow of a new game in the series ;)

On a final note, I fully intend on opening up the game and LE goodies (art book and OST) and enjoying them. :) That new gameplay system looks pretty cool![/QUOTE]

I wouldn't ever trust Eddie with sending out anything quickly too. He knows -exactly- what I mean to. That DDR Supernova 2 arcade kit and such took well over a month for him to send out. Yes I know he was very busy but he had a LOT of time afterwards. I do know the whole story behind this as well. People are just now getting there stuff from that crappy sale. Yes you'll get your stuff but there's no telling -when- you'll get it. Also there's been the problem with the Bounce Connected cd's, Beatmania IIDX Bibles, and other sales over many many years. I mean going back 5+ years too easy.

If it's not Eddie himself shipping them out then I would feel a LOT better about this. He's just not a person I would ever trust again with shipping things off like he should. And look at his twitter too. He's not exactly a humble person either.

[quote name='TerraBemani']I wouldn't ever trust Eddie with sending out anything quickly too. He knows -exactly- what I mean to. That DDR Supernova 2 arcade kit and such took well over a month for him to send out. Yes I know he was very busy but he had a LOT of time afterwards. I do know the whole story behind this as well. People are just now getting there stuff from that crappy sale. Yes you'll get your stuff but there's no telling -when- you'll get it. Also there's been the problem with the Bounce Connected cd's, Beatmania IIDX Bibles, and other sales over many many years. I mean going back 5+ years too easy.

If it's not Eddie himself shipping them out then I would feel a LOT better about this. He's just not a person I would ever trust again with shipping things off like he should. And look at his twitter too. He's not exactly a humble person either.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I had no idea... ULP! Maybe I should reconsider that preorder for the LE at BMS then... Maybe I'll just preorder the regular version at Amazon.com...

Thanks for the info!

I'll probably grab the normal version with some Amazon credit, but $110 for the CE is crazy!

Did any of the other games get released Stateside?

[quote name='bojay1997']I'm sorry, but of all the attempts to generate hype through a "limited edition", this officially goes down as the most absurd and outrageous rip-off I have perhaps ever seen. If you'll recall, DJ Max Portable was released in a "Crew Edition" limited to 125 units for $130. It took forever to sell out and is still readily available on the secondary market for not much more than what it originally sold for. Attempting to charge $100 for a run of 1,000 copies of this game is not only not limited, but a straight up rip-off.

"Limiting" the regular retail edition to 5,000 copies is another joke. The first game didn't even sell that many in the US in the first several months of its availability. If it sold 10K units total after several price cuts to as low as $10, I would be shocked. As such, I am hopeful that CAGs won't be fooled by this outrageous money grab.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what your definition of forever is, but I was thinking of getting the Crew edition for the first one, and I know it sold out in just a few days. It's true that it doesn't sell for that much on eBay though.

Damn you college stealing all my money! Oh well, when I get more info on the LE, I'll think about it. Probably just go with SE

Oh btw, is this game even fun?
I was thinking of picking up a past game on ebay or something, what should I get?

I am interested in finding out what the contest entail for the LE.

If it is something random that I may actually win, then I would be more inclined to get the LE.

If it is something that you have to jump through hoops or some kind of score based, then I will NEVER win and that huge 5/1000 prize means nothing in my decision.

I still have my Black Square LE collecting dust lol.

anyone want it?? I already pillaged it of all the good stuff tho

[quote name='Gameboy415']Did any of the other games get released Stateside?[/QUOTE]

Just DJ Max Fever (UMD and the PSN version much later).

awesome find :applause:. wouldn't have expected bemaniastyle site to have it up and play-asia with nothing to show. i'm a sucker for LE. (though i wasn't able to get the LE for black square :cry:)

I guess I'm a sucker. I bought the LE for DJMP3. ...actually, I have all the LE for DJMP.
Prestige Edition, Orpheus ~Night Black~ Edition, Clazziquai Special Edition, Quattra Edition, Crew Edition and Hot Tunes Limited Edition.

...okay, so I guess I'm missing the Orpheus ~Metallic Silver~ Edition, but I wasn't looking to get that anyways.

I also have regular UMD and digital DJMP Fever too because the plastic wrap was signed in the Crew Edition.

Pentavision/PM Studios, Play-Asia and now BemaniStyle have received a lot of my hard earned money over the past 4-5 years.

@Jekki: I can't stop staring at that pic in your signature. I fear it may haunt me when I try to sleep tonight. o_O

[quote name='Hybrid5006']$110 for what? Who's going to spend an extra $70 for a 5/1000 chance to win some not so great prizes...[/QUOTE]

It's a 495/1000 chance to win one of the prizes, genius.

Only 1000 limited editions are going to be made and ONLY those will contain a voucher for the prize drawing. Add up the # of prizes they are giving out and it totals to 495.

So you have almost a 50% chance to win a prize if you buy the limited edition.

[quote name='Anemos']It's a 495/1000 chance to win one of the prizes, genius.

Only 1000 limited editions are going to be made and ONLY those will contain a voucher for the prize drawing. Add up the # of prizes they are giving out and it totals to 495.

So you have almost a 50% chance to win a prize if you buy the limited edition.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but let's be honest, all 495 of the prizes are not valuable or desireable. It seems like only the top five prizes are worth winning.

I think I agree with the person who said it before; a limited edition of an already rather niche game isn't going to exactly be a winning recipe for a LE that will hold its worth. If the previous LE had 1/10 the amount of copies this one does and still wasn't exactly rising in value or demand I think that might be a good indicator to hold off. I suppose on the plus side you have a 1/3 chance of winning another DJMAX game but I don't know if that is still enough incentive for this gigantic mark-up.

[quote name='Ionotropic']DJ max fever was hard as fuck. I quit playing it so fast.[/QUOTE]

I've never played a DJ Max Portable game before. I did see the the touch-screen arcade game at Anime Expo which looked totally cool (pretty much what Project Diva Arcade is now, right?).

I'm wondering if I should cancel my pre-order (for the Standard Edition). I like Project Diva PSP a lot, but after watching some YouTube vids this might be way too difficult for me... :drool:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='panzerfaust']DJ Max fans, post some links to the best songs and I'll consider.[/QUOTE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVl_2AaPgkc&feature=related
Here's an artist preview...sadly, I only heard some decent songs in this preview.

My personal favorite from the whole series would be Oblivion Rockin' Night Style, which was only released in DJMP1. Well, I'll post links to some really good songs for everyone new to DJ Max. :) I've played this game since DJ Max portable 2 was released, which was in 2007. I used to play it literally EVERYDAY, and my skills for this game is just too good. :lol:

I'll only post the Music Videos for you newcomers, as showing the gameplay for some of these songs might scare you off...:lol:

[quote name='wongjp']I'm wondering if I should cancel my pre-order (for the Standard Edition). I like Project Diva PSP a lot, but after watching some YouTube vids this might be way too difficult for me... :drool:[/QUOTE]the difficulty makes the game fun!! becoz once u get good at it u feel the power!!

[quote name='sykotek']...okay, so I guess I'm missing the Orpheus ~Metallic Silver~ Edition, but I wasn't looking to get that anyways.[/QUOTE]no Black Square LE??

it comes with a plant!! u can grow it!

@Jekka: No more scary gif, lol. I have it, the Black Square Quattra LE. ...plant...is...is that what it is..., aye crap, I never opened that package, I should perhaps throw out the contents of that just in case it rots or molds.

All this talk of DJ Max...I wonder if its cost prohibitive to get a Technika unit. I've only seen it in youtube videos and when friends teaching in Korea talk about it since arcades are dead in the US. I'm gonna look up the Project Diva stuff since its been mentioned by a few people here.

[quote name='bojay1997']Yes, but let's be honest, all 495 of the prizes are not valuable or desireable. It seems like only the top five prizes are worth winning.[/QUOTE]

If you play Technika (which you should, and if there's no machine in your area you should demand one!), then most of the prizes are QUITE desirable.

And to the person who asked about purchasing a machine:
http://www.coinopexpress.com/products/machines/music-dance_machines/DJ_Max_Technika_8156.html

It's a Korean version, but yours for just $7k! (Which could possibly be a bargain if you play a LOT... I know I've sunk several hundred bucks into it myself)

[quote name='bojay1997']$40 is outrageous for this game, just as it was for DJ Max Fever...This is not a complex game requiring an extensive development team.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you understand that quality of the music and visual production in each of the DJ Max titles isn't something that can be pulled out of one's ass. Lots of hard work goes into each individual song and animation. In addition to this, each song and difficulty needs to be keysounded and charted. Not only is this also a lot of work, but the process requires care to make sure that the final charts are actually fun to play. This is the same process that would go into games like Rock Band, which coincidentally ALSO require a lot of work to produce. Maybe the programming doesn't take as long and the note graphics are easier to create than 3D models of Solid Snake, but the hard work is in different areas.

Why are you even in this thread at all? All you're doing is posting repeatedly about how you think this is lame and too expensive. Which it isn't. The fact is, this game is lovingly handcrafted by a small dev team and published by a small company. They don't have a ton of money to throw around, so perhaps selling things like this helps them stay in business, which is fine with me because their stuff is of high quality.

Now excuse me while I go order one of the LEs...

Good post, yyr, and I totally agree.

I've put hundreds of hours into all the Portable versions and paying the import prices for the Asia only versions was 110% worth it. I'm a CAG but I'm also about value. The DJMP games are totally worth full price if not more to me.

@yyr: Thanks for the info on Technika. 7 grand is just a little out of my price range for now. Besides, I'd never hear the end of it from my friends/loved ones if I spent that much on a single game.

[quote name='sykotek'] I'm gonna look up the Project Diva stuff since its been mentioned by a few people here.[/QUOTE]

I highly recommend the Hatsune Miku Project Diva games (the original and its sequel) if you're even remotely interested in Japanese music. I picked up the original on a whim when I was in Japan last year and it became my favorite PSP game ever. That thing was in my PSP non-stop. When I heard the sequel was coming out, I imported it with no hesitation and now Project Diva 2nd is in my PSP non-stop. :bouncy:This is coming from a gamer that is a complete noob at music games (no Guitar Hero, Rock Band, DJ Max, etc.) but I still found it REALLY REALLY fun. Contains a mix of stuff for everyone, a beginner like I was a year ago to some songs that make me want to throw my PSP across the room. Project Diva 2nd added an even harder difficulty (an Extreme mode) so if you like challenges or fun, get it. I think generally the music is improved in the 2nd one too, though you have everything from ballads to pop.

Oh, and the song creator is great. Let's you take ANY song (any mp3 in your library) and you can make your own level to play through. That's a bit of a more involved process, but overall the game isn't too hard to understand even with the language barrier because it's a music game, the only thing you need to read are menus and those are easily found online.

The games got me into the music genre so much, I'm considering buying DJ Max now :D

[quote name='yyr']Why are you even in this thread at all? All you're doing is posting repeatedly about how you think this is lame and too expensive. Which it isn't. The fact is, this game is lovingly handcrafted by a small dev team and published by a small company. They don't have a ton of money to throw around, so perhaps selling things like this helps them stay in business, which is fine with me because their stuff is of high quality.

Now excuse me while I go order one of the LEs...[/QUOTE]

Don't bother arguing with bojay. Almost every post on CAG from him is bashing some game or edition that he doesn't think it is worth the money, because it won't go up in price. Apparently, he doesn't actually play games. He just keeps them sealed in a vault, as if video games were an investment.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Don't bother arguing with bojay. Almost every post on CAG from him is bashing some game or edition that he doesn't think it is worth the money, because it won't go up in price. Apparently, he doesn't actually play games. He just keeps them sealed in a vault, as if video games were an investment.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I do play lots of games. The reason I am able to do that is I don't spend ridiculous amounts of money on overpriced collector's editions for games that should only be $20 to begin with and I don't get suckered into the hype when someone claims that 6,000 copies of something that is super niche to begin with is limited. See for example the recent Blazblue $200 joystick which everyone swore was going to sell out and is now $70 off and still readily available and just about every other collector's or limited edition. If someone wants to spend $110 on this because they want it and they feel like it's worth $110 to them, then fine. What I have a problem with is people coming in here and on the various video game news websites and trying to convince people to buy this because it will be a good Ebay flip or valuable down the road. It won't happen and anyone who isn't a fan of this game should save their money.

I now see what you're saying, and there's some good truth to it. The fact of the matter, though, is that the majority of folks who play DJMax aren't going to be looking to sell the games down the road, they are looking forward to the extra goodies, and they don't mind paying full price. At least, I know I'm in that boat.

bread's done
Back