Django Unchained deals?

spmahn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I haven't gotten to look at the Sunday ads today, is anyone offering a deal this week on Django? Amazon has it currently at $22.99, but I was hoping to find it for less than $20. Is anyone going to have it on sale?

I have a pre-order from amazon for 21.84, but the difference is little I'd almost rather pay the few extra bucks for a steelbook

In the ad for Hastings at $19.99.

Best Buy and Target both have exclusive packaging and discs (each have roughly 50 minutes of extra content) at $24.99 and $22.99 respectively.

[quote name='JMClarkent']The Target Steelbook is currently $26.99 (minus another 5% with the Redcard, et al). I definitely want that!

http://www.target.com/p/django-unch...231#prodSlot=medium_1_2&term=django+unchained[/QUOTE]

Just remember Tuesdays sale price hasn't gone live yet so your better off ordering online Tuesday.

Also if you want a price adjustment you have to go in store to get it one unless you get a CS rep over the phone that is willing to do it.

is the bonus content the same for both best buy and target?

I assume best buys packaging is not steelbook.

I was in BB and I noticed preorder cards for $14.99. I guess that was dvd price or just some sort of deposit?

I was unaware about this Target steelbook...that sounds like it's worth the extra couple bucks.

Came to post about Hastings having BR/DVD combo pack thing for 19.99.

I assume that the best buy additional documentary is going to be pushed on Cinemanow, which has used universal codes. So, hopefully a kind member could share that code.

Thanks for the link to the Examiner article, Klew! I was going to get the Target steelbook anyway, but for those of you thinking of getting the Best Buy version, it's worth nothing that the digipak packaging for the Blu-ray version is DVD-sized. Not the biggest deal in the world, but I'm sure there are some OCD collectors like me that hate having DVD sized Blu-rays.

Just wanted to let anyone know that's interested in the Target steelbook you shouldn't wait around to pick this up. Both the store I work at and the store I picked it up at today only had about 20 copies of the steelbook and the rest were the regular blu ray version. Seems like this thing won't be crazy hard to find but it will likely be selling out by the end of the week.

Just got back from Target, I got there at 8:15 there were people already at the register buying the steelbooks, I got one. While I was at the checkout I saw a fat neckbeard with about 10 steelbooks, and looked at him with disgust.

This could be rare. My Target only had 3 copies this morning, not including one that was snatched up just before I got to the display.

[quote name='Jodou']This could be rare. My Target only had 3 copies this morning, not including one that was snatched up just before I got to the display.[/QUOTE]

Where were they displayed in your store? Most reports are saying they have a bunch of them in the front by the register.

edit: NM, I just read your post in the Steelbook thread :D

Yeah, I was foolish thinking that they would promote movie sales in the movie section. Apparently Target shoppers go straight to the registers for their movies lol.

[quote name='BigHow']Thanks for the link to the Examiner article, Klew! I was going to get the Target steelbook anyway, but for those of you thinking of getting the Best Buy version, it's worth nothing that the digipak packaging for the Blu-ray version is DVD-sized. Not the biggest deal in the world, but I'm sure there are some OCD collectors like me that hate having DVD sized Blu-rays.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome! Note to potential Target steelbook buyers, mine had copies on the aisle in the electronics/movies section (I didn't notice any up front). Plus the bonus disk is in a separate envelope inside the case, though the label art is consistent with the other discs. My Blu-ray has some weird distortion on the nonlabel side but hoping it still plays fine (hopefully will try it out tonight). The case itself is nice & sturdy with great artwork IMO. Digital movie is via code on an insert.

Looked at Best Buy and determined their exclusive was kinda lousy. Went and got the steelbook at Target. Looks like our store in Cape Girardeau, MO had about 10-15 left.

Both sites had them for $22.99.

I forgot to get it in the morning. Remembered when I got home at 7pm. Closest target to me had none. I was a bit worried, went to a 2nd target and none were on the shelf. Then I saw an employee with 6 of them in his hand. Not sure if he was putting them out or taking them off the shelf for himself/friends. But I asked if I could get 2 of them and he gave them up.

I think it's going to be very hard to find. My buddy is going to be very happy I got the 2nd one for him.

I got my copy of the steelbook at Target yesterday. None were at the entertainment section, but a dozen or so were at the registers.

Picked up a steelbook from Target yesterday. When I got there (at 8:01 am), there was one guy in a jogging suit holding one in his hand, so I asked them where he found it because I couldn't see any more on the shelves. He said he got "the last one."

I turned to an employee and asked "Last one? Really? Would you mind checking stock for me? I can't believe you only have one copy for the whole store." He begrudgingly huffed back to the back room and came out with a [what I considered a very small] box of the steelbooks, pulled a half dozen from it, fanned 'em out like playing cards and let me pick one.

Jogging suit guy apparently didn't like the condition of his "last" copy and did and immediate return and rebuy, saying he was "very particular" about his movies.

I don't think that scenario is isolated either, making these perhaps even a little more scarce than previous poster considered.

Went in today and my Target had one copy by the registers. Thought it was the last one but I went to the back and saw a bunch.

Edit: Just opened my package. Thanks a lot Target. Steelbook is nice, but your really couldn't include a center hub for the bonus disc (eventhough there are freaking notches for one). Step your game up man.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HCHecxz']Has anyone had any issues returning or getting a refund on their pre-order copy of Django from Best Buy?[/QUOTE]

Anyone? I know I saw something on their pre-order card saying the $14.99 you layed down for the pre-order was non-returnable if or if not you used the Movie codes. I did pick up my copy but im looking to return it as I like Target's case much more and pick it up the same day.

[quote name='dchrisd']Went in today and my Target had one copy by the registers. Thought it was the last one but I went to the back and saw a bunch.

Edit: Just opened my package. Thanks a lot Target. Steelbook is nice, but your really couldn't include a center hub for the bonus disc (eventhough there are freaking notches for one). Step your game up man.[/QUOTE]

I bought a bunch of adhesive center hubs for things like this. I got them online somewhere cheap, I think it was a pack of 25 or 50.

Yep, I just picked up a steelbook up in the Wentzville, MO Target by the front registers. Plenty of copies abound, pretty much all in great shape. Thanks again CAG!

[quote name='Finch106']How wonderful. I think I waited too late however. It's dead for me on mobile.[/QUOTE]

It still loads on the full site for PC's.

[quote name='HCHecxz']Has anyone had any issues returning or getting a refund on their pre-order copy of Django from Best Buy?[/QUOTE]

I returned Bourne Legacy BD to Best Buy when I got a CinemaNow UV code for, $15 by itself, but I got all of my money back.

Walmart, why oh why...
Tuesday, I got my copy there for 22.96.
According to the Bluray forum boards, Wednesday they repriced it to their preorder price of 18.96.
Today, I happened to be in the area of Walmart. My store didn't have them priced on the shelf that way but I scanned it. It was still the 18.96 price so I rebought it. I guess the next time I am around one again I will return the new copy.

bread's done
Back