DJMax Prestiege collection Impressions

Zoglog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bj-49-en-70-15wx.html

omg i'm nuts. I'll give thoughts on the game when I get. Beatmania clone yup, but until Beatmania IIDX or amplitude comes to psp this will hold me over ;) I just hope it doesnt require firmware 2.5

K game just came in, runs on 2.0 fine just as expected.

For reference I can do about 7 star songs and some 8 star songs on Beatmania IIDX.

I jumped into the 6 key mode. Pretty much the same as IIDX and carries over well. Cramped hand position kind of sucks but I can pass 6 rank songs no problem and 7 rank after some tries. so much. Has similar holding notes like Keyboard mania. Box looksl ike chocolates

K played a bit more. The game is on the survival system like drummania and guitar freaks rather than the groove meter in IIDX where you have to stay above 80 and u could get your ass kicked at the end so it makes this game a bit easier. IF I could somehow mount my psp down it would make for an alternative control method but so far holding it is the only way. However tapping if it was mounted might casue problems since bbuttons are a bit small, plus. I never played the original dj Max so I don't know how it stacks against the original. You can tell they did some lazy porting of some images because they olook stretched to allow for 16:9. The interface is adequately slick though ahd the char designs are actually pretty good.
I like how they let you have a MV mode and OST mode. One thing that annoys me is that they overlay the notes on a 16:9 movie rather than like Beatmania where it's fitten in so no matter where you put it you cover part of the video.

Now for the prestiege stuff. The post cards are err I guess just post cards. The calendar is pretty nice which i'm using for my work desk now. OST is good I guess for the car and strap is ok. I'm prob gonna use it for the psp since it has a screen cleaner thing on it. I got plenty of similar ones from square enix at e3 tho.

Definitly post your thoughts on the game when you can. I was considering getting it (just the game :p ) but i cant seem to find anything about it online so i didnt wanna just buy it.

I am also highly awaiting the game lol. From what i've seen in videos and mimic-ing the button format should translate well from Beatmania IIDX. you're essentially just missing a middle button. However for the Master mode I think they add in the l and r buttons which could make things a bit more cramped. This game appears to be much better than Band Bros from DS which I imported last year with crappy midi and the button layout was horrid.

playasia makes bank off the presteige tho. it's about 65 dollars USD or 64000 won. And play asia charges 89 plus 17 dollar shipping.

Too bad they're the only ones who seem to carry this game tho.

The only reason I decided to go with the prestiege is because I had to add a filler to make it 50 dollars since the normal game is 50 cents or so shy (dirty playasia bastards) and when you add the filler the order increases from 3 dollar shipping to 7 =/. I figured ##%#@ it

Yes, I want to know about this also, specifically the OST. That would force me to go all the way on the Prestige set versus a straight import.

[quote name='Strell']Yes, I want to know about this also, specifically the OST. That would force me to go all the way on the Prestige set versus a straight import.[/QUOTE]
Here are the songs in the game

http://www.geocities.jp/till200x/krmusic.html - korean song list (164 songs)
http://www.geocities.jp/till200x/jpmusic.html - japanese song list (99 songs)

The OST is probably the same thing I just posted. except for a few that isnt downloadable.

look at the link. the game is just the game. the prestiege pack has lots of useless crap like a calendar, cards, strap, and some soundtrack which I guess is ok lol

If you enjoy Bemani games at all, especially series like beatmania or pop'n music, this is definitely a must-buy. I've been losing in Bemani titles, but DJMP has resparked my love for the genre, and makes it feel fresh again. Personally, I'm surprised that so much effort was put into a music game.

I was in the same boat as you (I didn't have a PSP), but this game was the sole reason why I bought one this week, and I don't regret it one bit.

For me, it's definitely a solid "A"

************* Taken from ga-forum.com impression from a poster **************

my korean roommate who's like a super fob said he prolly knows ppl who can hook it up and ship to me!!

all I needa do now, is save money.

[quote name='JEKKI']my korean roommate who's like a super fob said he prolly knows ppl who can hook it up and ship to me!!

all I needa do now, is save money.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think you shouldn't have problems finding the regular version, but my cousins in Korea tell me that the Prestige Edition is basically impossible to find at retail.

no u don't it's a waste of money and when it arrives i'll probably slap myself lol. I could have bbought a 2gb memory stick pro duo with that =p

Hey OP give me some impression after you get it..

For some reason I want this game now.. and plus bein a big fan of korean music myself..

I got the game recently also, I took a couple pictures of the boxset. For thoughts on the boxset and more pictures, check my blog: http://www.gamedaily.com/blogs/CategoryView,category,Wolf's Howl.aspx.

99924523_20b7dd0fff_b.jpg

Will have impressions soon. So far this game is definitely one of the best on PSP.

Upon further play it looks like the Analog Stick is used at certain moments. 8 Button mode is a bit retarded because they cram the last 2 buttons as an overlay on the left and right side of the notes instead of having it's own section.

Scoring is more variable than IIDX it seems by max %'s depending on how accurate you are to the note. It seems that the game is WAY more lenient compared to IIDX. no punishment for random button presses and the accuracy window is much larger. Not tottaly a bad thing considering certain awkward moments with presses. However you can do things u couldnt do in beatmania like do half circles to fill a staircase pattern with the dpad which is funky.

They actually let you pause mid song which is nice. And you can change the Speed on the fly. However on the fail screen you can restart the song. However for some reason u can't choose another song without going back to stage 1.

Just got the prestige collection this week, based on people's recommendations in this thread. I've been VERY impressed with everything about it. This is the kind of stuff that needs to come out here.

Thanks again to the OP and all the other impressions...if anyone else out there is on the fence, I say take the plunge (especially if you're eyeing the prestige collection...get it before it's gone!).

Special thanks to: peteyrose

I'm goin to be ordering the prestige set this week.. can't wait... from everybody on here, this game sound amazing... my PSP badly need some play..

Some impressions I've read are that this game is extremely difficult. I'd love to import a game like this, but if i can't pass more than three levels it's just not worth it.

I went ahead an ordered the regular game, couldn't see spending the extra money if the game was the same. Nobody replied so I guess nobody knows for sure.

it isn't worth it, but since I had to spend at least 50................................. and the normal game is 49

[quote name='Zoglog']it isn't worth it, but since I had to spend at least 50................................. and the normal game is 49[/QUOTE]

Thats why I order a candy from playasia alot! $1.79 for some good candy and the ability to use the coupons. :)

Just got mine today... played about 2 hr.... already... pretty fun... I

I say get the standard edition, since the prestige version is really worth the extra money IMO...

I love the soundtrack.. very catchy & upbeat... if anybody want to hear the soundtrack.. I can make them a copy.. just PM..

I've been tempted to buy this but there isn't enough Croove shit that interests me so I'll probably buy the regular edition much as I'm a LE whore.
HOWEVER if this was a PSP edition of Ez2DJ I'd buy this in a heartbeat over a wannabe Beatmania musicwise which this CLEARLY is and hence my disgust runs rampant. At least Ez2DJ was more 90's style Hip-Hop/Rap and slight R&B with some Trance and so on, something Beatmania totally fails on for the most part, the 90's Hip-Hop and R&B that is.

bread's done
Back