DK Jungle Beat with 2nd set of Bongos $9.99 and EB/Gamestop

[quote name='Rictor']It's been posted several times. We actually knew about this around 2 weeks in advance.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120218[/quote]

well, EXCUSE ME for trying to bring it back out. But it's there if you didn't see it the first time. I know I tried to do a search first, but it turned up no hits. and two weeks later is a long enough time to forget. Just trying to help some people out.

Yeah I bought one two weeks ago for $15 and then another for $10 just for the controlers.

The game is not that great through.

That's probably the first negative opinion I've ever heard on CAG about Jungle Beat. Donkey Konga didn't do too much for me, but Jungle Beat is a lot of fun.

There are several people who said they don't care for the game but need more bongos for DKa.

And it's not a horrid game, but it's way too short, way too easy and if it wasn't for the bongos the game would be bad. The bongos should add something to the game, not just make the game. Otherwise Nintendo should just have made a real platformer and keep the bongos for DKas.

[quote name='CoconutSport']well, EXCUSE ME for trying to bring it back out. But it's there if you didn't see it the first time. I know I tried to do a search first, but it turned up no hits. and two weeks later is a long enough time to forget. Just trying to help some people out.[/quote]

This has been mentioned quite extensively in the DK w/ bongos thread that's been on the front page for awhile.

I picked up my second set yesterday along with Fire Emblem Path of radiance. I am going to try to find my old receipt and take it in to get my $5 back. Now I have 5 bongos, I will have to find someone local that needs bongos.

[quote name='hotwls13']I picked up my second set yesterday along with Fire Emblem Path of radiance. I am going to try to find my old receipt and take it in to get my $5 back. Now I have 5 bongos, I will have to find someone local that needs bongos.[/QUOTE]
I'm thinking thats what I'm going to do. I think 20 bucks for Jungle Beat with Bongos and Fire Emblem is a pretty nice grab.

$9.99 is a great deal. I bought it when it was $14.99 a couple of weeks ago. It would be even cooler if the game allow a second player.

About clapping, I was pretty sore from clapping until I read the Jungle Beat manual that stated you can tap the side of the bongo and the game will register it as a clap. You'll be able to play the game much longer when you don't have sore hands. :)

[quote name='NoRain']I think 20 bucks for Jungle Beat with Bongos and Fire Emblem is a pretty nice grab.[/QUOTE]

2 sets of bongos. ;) And yes I said the same thing to the guy ringing it up. I am back to a major backlog of good/great cheap games. I trimmed my systems down to only the PSP and Gamecube, and in the last few weeks i have probably bought/traded for over 60 games. I need to seek counseling.

[quote name='mookiemeister']$9.99 is a great deal. I bought it when it was $14.99 a couple of weeks ago. It would be even cooler if the game allow a second player.

About clapping, I was pretty sore from clapping until I read the Jungle Beat manual that stated you can tap the side of the bongo and the game will register it as a clap. You'll be able to play the game much longer when you don't have sore hands. :)[/QUOTE]

Word?! There was a bit of confusion when I sttarted hittin the bongos and it was registering as claps. I should try hittin more towards the center. I'll try the side tap thing, sounds a lot more convenient and less harsh on the hands.

[quote name='CoconutSport']well, EXCUSE ME for trying to bring it back out. But it's there if you didn't see it the first time. I know I tried to do a search first, but it turned up no hits. and two weeks later is a long enough time to forget. Just trying to help some people out.[/quote]

Heh, when I posted that, the original thread was 4 posts under yours. It hasn't left the main page for 2 weeks.

I've been to EB/GS twice in the last 2 days and both times I walked right back out the door without picking these up as the lines have been over an hour long to check out. I can't wait until everyone goes back to work so I can walk into an EB/GS in the middle of the day and it will be empty like I'm used to. You can't even walk through the tiny 1000 sq. ft. stores here when there are 50 people inside the store.

it is a 2 player game right?
i was at gamestop at the mall today, was going to ask someone about the deal since i saw both the bongo box and the DKJB w/ Bongo boxes. but there was a looooooong line so i didn't bother.

bread's done
Back