DLC Price Drops?

madcatz1999

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Do prices for downloadable contents (specifically, PS3) ever drop? Mostly just curious in general, but for example, I was considering picking up Fallout 3 for $20 in the Amazon deal today (well, if it ever gets back in stock). And I figured that it's probably going to be a good 6 months before I'd want any DLCs for it -- is it possible that by then (or at some point after the GotY edition drops in price) that the DLCs might cost less than the current $9.99?

Sony has had sales or weekly price drops for the past few weeks now, and they almost always have one big sale every quarter on original PSN titles. They seem to be better about it than Microsoft. Typically the only time things on Live go on sale is if it's the deal of the week, or part of the "arcade hits" lineup.

Alrighty, thanks all. Perhaps I'll just wait it out until the GotY edition drops a bit, then. Though $20 to play Fallout 3 now is tempting...

DLC costs too much to begin with, live with it.

Valve has done occasional sales. They always record that sales spike heavily during these sales, yet despite all the evidence that lower prices means more income, they raise the prices back up.

Compare Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for 360/PS3 to DLC old games. $30 for 20 Genesis titles on one disc vs $8 apiece for Genesis games on Virtual Console or Live. I do not see why DLC games are such a value.

bread's done
Back