DMC3: SE Difficulty

Blind the Thief

CAGiversary!
I know they changed around a lot of stuff in the game, but did they alter the Normal difficulty setting? I never played the original, and just started the SE yesterday, and so far I'm not too impressed with the difficulty. What gives?

They also changed the levels of difficulty in terms of names. Thus, Normal mode in the SE is Easy in the U.S. original, Hard mode in the SE is Normal in the original, etc. If you want to experience the game like it was originally released in the U.S., play on hard.

[quote name='strummerbs']They also changed the levels of difficulty in terms of names. Thus, Normal mode in the SE is Easy in the U.S. original, Hard mode in the SE is Normal in the original, etc. If you want to experience the game like it was originally released in the U.S., play on hard.[/QUOTE]

Dammit, that's what I was afraid of...and the game won't let me start it on Hard until I beat it on Normal. *sigh*

[quote name='Mospeada_21']or just pick up the original DMC3, save a file to the memory card, and pop in the SE. viola![/QUOTE]

R-really? Hmm...

[quote name='Blind the Thief']R-really? Hmm...[/QUOTE]
No, not really. The only thing you get for having a save file from the original is Vergil and Bloody Palace unlocked. Saves do NOT carry over.

bread's done
Back