DMC3 SE (PS2) $19.99 / DOA Ultimate (XBOX) $14.99 w/free shipping

sweet too bad I bought doa ultimate already from the TRU sales for 9.99 from amazon although the shipping plus tax killed it....

[quote name='thunder_gamer']Price raised to $19.99...:whistle2:([/QUOTE]

I just added one of each to my cart, I still see $14.99

[quote name='Sway']I just added one of each to my cart, I still see $14.99[/QUOTE]

Follow through to checkout, it gets bumped to $19.99

[quote name='peteyrose']Follow through to checkout, it gets bumped to $19.99[/QUOTE]

Oh well, I was planning on picking up DM3: SE at Best Buy with the $5 GH coupon anyways.

I just completed an order for DOAU, and it never moved from $14.99. Checkout tried to add second-day shipping for $6.77, but I reset it to free ground shipping. I don't have Fry's in my state, so no sales tax. Thanks bmarquardt!

I went as far as I can before I actually place an order. DMC is $20, but DOA:U is $15. Unforunately, I live in CA, so they also charge me about $3 tax.

I would have ordered if DMC was $15. O well, I don't have too much time for games anymore.

damn...that would've been an awesome deal on DMC3...im sure i could bitch at customer service and get the adjustment, but i'm not too worried about it...the glitch is either for $14.99 or $19.99...if the glitch is for $19.99, i'll just buy it at BB w/ a $5 off coupon

[quote name='Sway']Oh well, I was planning on picking up DM3: SE at Best Buy with the $5 GH coupon anyways.[/QUOTE]

I was gonna do the same...any idea when BB will get them in? DMC3 was listed on their website as of Monday, but pulled yesterday.

I actually don't mind the $19.99 price too much. It's free shipping, I don't get charged tax, and I don't have to spend time driving down to Best Buy with a coupon. Not that bad :)

[quote name='heavy liquid']Bummer. I guess I'll just pick it up at Best Buy with the $5 coupon when they get it.[/QUOTE]
Please pardon my ignorance but what is this $5 Best Buy coupon that you guys are talking about? The only one I can think of is either the McDonald's/BB $5-off coupon that expired end the end of the last year or the $5-off that comes with the BB gift card and requires the game to be $29.99 or more. Thanks for any info any fellow CAG can provide.

Has anyone seen DMC3:SE yet at their local BB? I went to the BB near my workplace today and the guy in the video game section (who I usually see there sorting or putting out new games or helping other customers with finding a game) had NO idea what I was talking about. "Devil May Cry 3: Special edition?? Well, I've never heard of it, but we do have Devil May Cry 3. Maybe you're thinking of a special xbox version? We don't have any of that I know." I love it how stores hire people to work in sections that don't even know what the fuck they are doing there. It's like hiring a deaf person to work at a music store and customers asking them what a certain band sounds like. No offense to deaf people but I'm just trying to make an analogy of what my experience during my wasted lunch hour was like. I guess I'll hafta wait til tomorrow maybe.

[quote name='jjz203']Has anyone seen DMC3:SE yet at their local BB? I went to the BB near my workplace today and the guy in the video game section (who I usually see there sorting or putting out new games or helping other customers with finding a game) had NO idea what I was talking about. "Devil May Cry 3: Special edition?? Well, I've never heard of it, but we do have Devil May Cry 3. Maybe you're thinking of a special xbox version? We don't have any of that I know." I love it how stores hire people to work in sections that don't even know what the fuck they are doing there. It's like hiring a deaf person to work at a music store and customers asking them what a certain band sounds like. No offense to deaf people but I'm just trying to make an analogy of what my experience during my wasted lunch hour was like. I guess I'll hafta wait til tomorrow maybe.[/QUOTE]

I was there yesterday and they looked it up in the computer and everything and said they only one SKU for it and that was the original DMC3. They had no idea what I was talking about it either. Maybe we're better off getting it now. Unless you feel like waiting for a GH 2 for $30 or 2 for $25 and have another GH in mind that wouldn't mind having. I personally can't think of another one right now.

i've yet to see it, and it's not listed on their website at all. makes me wonder if they even knew it was a new version. that'd suck if they didn't even order copies of it, since i could reeaaaaaaally go for it at 15 after coupon.

[quote name='Shmitty']i've yet to see it, and it's not listed on their website at all. makes me wonder if they even knew it was a new version. that'd suck if they didn't even order copies of it, since i could reeaaaaaaally go for it at 15 after coupon.[/QUOTE]

I called one Best Buy, they dont' know when they're gonna get it in. Called another one and they don't know anything about a SE of the game.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']I was there yesterday and they looked it up in the computer and everything and said they only one SKU for it and that was the original DMC3. They had no idea what I was talking about it either. Maybe we're better off getting it now. Unless you feel like waiting for a GH 2 for $30 or 2 for $25 and have another GH in mind that wouldn't mind having. I personally can't think of another one right now.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... so if it's not even listed in the computers as of yet, then it's a safe bet that Best Buy's simply not going to have the game?

I haven't tried this, so I don't know, but it's likely that asking about the Greatest Hits version might be the answer. It's likely that Best Buy has decided to wait until all the other copies are sold before getting in the GH version, not noticing that the GH version is different. Amazon doesn't have it either, but it's virtually impossible that both wouldn't be selling the GH version at some point.

The Best Buy computers reflect what's on their website right? Cause they've always been slow getting things online updated it wouldn't surprise me if the computers are slow too. I can't imagine the superior version of a critcally accliamed game with a large fanbase from a major developer/publisher not finding its way to BB. Let's just hope they don't drag theri feet about it either.

[quote name='Crocodile']The Best Buy computers reflect what's on their website right? Cause they've always been slow getting things online updated it wouldn't surprise me if the computers are slow too. I can't imagine the superior version of a critcally accliamed game with a large fanbase from a major developer/publisher not finding its way to BB. Let's just hope they don't drag theri feet about it either.[/QUOTE]

The Best Buy computers are different. They actually list what's in the stores and are accurate. The website is completely useless and if an employee claims that the website is the same as the computer's database, they deserve a swift hit to the back of the head with an object weighing no less than 10 lbs.

Can we change the title to reflect DMC3's real price?

Every time this thread bounces back up I think they re-instated the lower price.

[quote name='jaybird']Can we change the title to reflect DMC3's real price?

Every time this thread bounces back up I think they re-instated the lower price.[/QUOTE]
Done.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']damn...that would've been an awesome deal on DMC3...im sure i could bitch at customer service and get the adjustment, but i'm not too worried about it...the glitch is either for $14.99 or $19.99...if the glitch is for $19.99, i'll just buy it at BB w/ a $5 off coupon[/QUOTE]

Are you referring to the GGC coupon? I thought those expired on 12/31/05 along with the ones from the McDonald's promotion. Are there new 06 GGCs w/ the $5 coupon or some other $5 I don't know about?

he's talking about the 5 dollar off Greatest Hits coupon that best buy has that expires at the end of the month. it's stickied at the top of the forum.

[quote name='jjz203']Has anyone seen DMC3:SE yet at their local BB? I went to the BB near my workplace today and the guy in the video game section (who I usually see there sorting or putting out new games or helping other customers with finding a game) had NO idea what I was talking about. "Devil May Cry 3: Special edition?? Well, I've never heard of it, but we do have Devil May Cry 3. Maybe you're thinking of a special xbox version? We don't have any of that I know." I love it how stores hire people to work in sections that don't even know what the fuck they are doing there. It's like hiring a deaf person to work at a music store and customers asking them what a certain band sounds like. No offense to deaf people but I'm just trying to make an analogy of what my experience during my wasted lunch hour was like. I guess I'll hafta wait til tomorrow maybe.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: "like a music store hiring a deaf person"

i know what you mean. sometimes they just make shit up off the top their head without a single shred of knowledge to base it on...dmc3 coming out on xbox? i don't think that thought has ever crossed anyone's mind :lol:

[quote name='Shmitty']he's talking about the 5 dollar off Greatest Hits coupon that best buy has that expires at the end of the month. it's stickied at the top of the forum.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I didn't notice the GH coupon mixed in with the others for $10 off :dunce:. Thanks. All I need now is for Best Buy to get them in by the 31st.. *crosses fingers*

Here's Best Buy's response about carrying Devil May Cry 3:

Thank you for contacting Best Buy about product availability. I'm Kris
with Customer Care.

We appreciate your interest in purchasing the special edition of Devil
May Cry 3 for the PS2 from Best Buy. We are unable to say whether or not
we will carry this item in the near future. Check out our Web site at
www.BestBuy.com for new product information. Often, you can even
pre-order upcoming items from BestBuy.com--a great way to make sure
you're the first one on your block to get that home or entertainment
product you're looking for.

We look forward to your next visit to one of our stores or to
www.BestBuy.com. Please do not hesitate to contact us with additional
questions or concerns.

Best Wishes from Best Buy,
Kris and the Customer Care Team

[quote name='BIG5']Watch, as soon as the coupons expire, they'll suddenly know all about the SE.[/QUOTE]

Circuit City should have it in within the next few days, and they take competitor coupons.

[quote name='BIG5']Watch, as soon as the coupons expire, they'll suddenly know all about the SE.[/QUOTE]

The GGC $5 off coupons don't expire until June 2007... I'm pretty sure this isn't some kind of Best Buy conspiracy.

No store here has the game except for EB / GS... I bought mine today at EB, hopefully Best Buy gets it in the next 14 days so I can buy it there for $15 and return that one to EB for my $20 back.

I couldn't wait any longer.

[quote name='Roufuss']The GGC $5 off coupons don't expire until June 2007... I'm pretty sure this isn't some kind of Best Buy conspiracy.

No store here has the game except for EB / GS... I bought mine today at EB, hopefully Best Buy gets it in the next 14 days so I can buy it there for $15 and return that one to EB for my $20 back.

I couldn't wait any longer.[/QUOTE]

You mean the next couple of days, right?

Ugh, I went everywhere looking for this game today and no one had it. A local game store however said they they SHOULD have gotten it a few days ago and dont know why it hasnt shown up yet.

I think not many copies were sent out at first for some reason.
I am soo close to just ordering this online...free shipping sounds pretty good.

Man this is one crazy hard to get game... Both EB and Gamestop are out online... I haven't seen a single copy in stores either... Did the DMC crazies get out there that quickly?

I just ordered today from Fry's--- They are back ordered too.. unfortunately, they didn't tell me that when I bought it.

I picked up DMC3 SE today from the Burbank Fry's for 14.99. I believe this is on sale at all Fry's electronics stores but is unadvertised.

[quote name='Roufuss']The GGC $5 off coupons don't expire until June 2007... I'm pretty sure this isn't some kind of Best Buy conspiracy.
[/QUOTE]
I wasn't talking about those coupons. I haven't seen a GGC in over 6 months.

FYI, DMC 3: SE is now available at BB. Just picked one up myself for 14.99 w/ the GGC coupon. There were 3 left on the shelf when I left.

[quote name='cag1125']FYI, DMC 3: SE is now available at BB. Just picked one up myself for 14.99 w/ the GGC coupon. There were 3 left on the shelf when I left.[/QUOTE]
What GGC coupon?

yeah, $14.99 after GGC (Gamer's Gift Card $5 off coupon) at BB is good, but i think Costco will have it for around $13.XX or $12.XX similar to most of their GH titles. just hoping.

normally, i avoid GH titles like the plague; however, if developers/publishers follow this path of adding more content/options that make the game more playable/value-added, then i am more than happy to buy the title regardless of the GH designation. i hope other developers/publishers take a hint and follow. thank you, Capcom!

bread's done
Back