DMR Members - Free tickets to see the new Winnie the Pooh movie

aporter727

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
So I was on DMR.com tonight adding in some new Blu Ray codes I got over the weekend, and noticed they have a promotion for the new Winnie the Pooh movie that comes out in a few weeks. You can get tickets to see the movie, for either $12 or $8. Go here and check out the details.

Basically you have to redeem a DMR code for a certain list of movies. However, I do own most of them, but I entered them months ago. It seems they may be retroactive. I had two tickets in my profile waiting for me, and I know I didn't redeem DMR codes just now for any on the list. If you've redeemed any of those movies, then check out this section of the DMR website to see if you have the tickets waiting for you.

*I've also posted this in Contests and Free Stuff because I wasn't sure which section it would be more suitable for. Please delete if this does not belong in here.*

Last edited by a moderator:
Change the thread title to specify its for Disney Movie Rewards members or post in the DMR thread as it is misleading as if anyone could get free tickets. Thanks for the heads up though, I'm relatively new to DMR.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Change the thread title to specify its for Disney Movie Rewards members or post in the DMR thread as it is misleading as if anyone could get free tickets. Thanks for the heads up though, I'm relatively new to DMR.[/QUOTE]

Done. Did you manage to get in on this?

I've registered Lilo & Stitch & Bolt long ago, they don't have any tickets waiting for me.

The splash page picture shows: Offer good on purchases made between 6/24 & 8/14.

Sounds like you got lucky with the ones you've already redeemed. Also: I love the fact that The Adventures of Winnie The Pooh isn't included in the list of eligible titles.

If you have previously registered one of the valid titles, registering ANY OTHER DRM code should be enough to trigger the system to recognize your old codes.

On my account, I had 7 of the titles previously registered, but none showed up. I then registered a code for Holes, checked back in my redeemed offers and all 7 showed up.

Pretty weird that blu-ray titles aren't elligible. I already own at least half of them on bluray, guess I'll have to go through the donations at work and find these dvds.

Thanks for that, Hiro - I entered a new code and got 4 tickets in my offers...

For anyone looking, when you click My DMR up top on the main menu bar, then click unlocked offers, you should see your tickets...

Kinda bs that the blu-rays don't apply, and I don't really wanna pay for a dvd. Looks like I'm just paying full price to see Winnie the Pooh with the family.

You would figure they would be more willing to give you the free tickets with Blu-ray purchases not regular DVD ones.

[quote name='ajh2298']You would figure they would be more willing to give you the free tickets with Blu-ray purchases not regular DVD ones.[/QUOTE]

There's a possibility that they do. Yes I did enter the codes for some of these from my DVD copy, but I did upgrade to Blu on all of them and entered those codes too. There's a chance they do work with the Blu codes, just get another code to kick the promotion into gear.

[quote name='aporter727']Didn't even notice. Now I feel like a newbie... :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]
In your defense, nothing in that thread's title mentions anything about free movie tickets. "Movie cash" could mean any number of things.

[quote name='Hiro0015']If you have previously registered one of the valid titles, registering ANY OTHER DRM code should be enough to trigger the system to recognize your old codes.

On my account, I had 7 of the titles previously registered, but none showed up. I then registered a code for Holes, checked back in my redeemed offers and all 7 showed up.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. Now I just need to get another code to enter...

[quote name='aporter727']There's a possibility that they do. Yes I did enter the codes for some of these from my DVD copy, but I did upgrade to Blu on all of them and entered those codes too. There's a chance they do work with the Blu codes, just get another code to kick the promotion into gear.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm this, I've never entered any DVD's on my DMR account(i do have one of the titles registered as a blu purchase, though) and the promotion wound up in my unlocked offers as soon as I entered a new code I had lying around.

[quote name='Pookymeister']no luck with me. Added Alice and Ponyo blu-ray/DVD combo codes and nothing unlocked.[/QUOTE]

Interesting... Maybe it was a glitch with me or something?

[quote name='ZombieToast']In your defense, nothing in that thread's title mentions anything about free movie tickets. "Movie cash" could mean any number of things.[/QUOTE]

What the OP is talking about isn't technically free movie tickets. It is movie cash for $8 or $12 depending on what movies people have entered before. If your cost to see a movie is higher than what the movie cash is for then you have to pay the difference and then its not free.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']What the OP is talking about isn't technically free movie tickets. It is movie cash for $8 or $12 depending on what movies people have entered before. If your cost to see a movie is higher than what the movie cash is for then you have to pay the difference and then its not free.[/QUOTE]
That's beside the point. What I'm saying is that it's easy to miss the other thread because the title doesn't mention movie tickets. I'm not claiming one is more appropriate than the other; just that one isn't clearly labeled.

Yeah I got free Cars2 tickets for Blurays I redeemed long before the promotion started.

Ive had luck in the past with these free tickets up to $8.00 where the theater will just discount the price to $8.00 so i wouldn't have to pay the difference.

bread's done
Back