Do all the decent girls always have bfs?

[quote name='Collectordragon']I just don't see it working with a non-vegetarian girl though. When you're an ethical vegetarian it's a big part of your life and being with a girl who doesn't share your beliefs it's a conflict of interests. It's like a cannibal dating a humanitarian. lol[/QUOTE]

You're a real wet blanket.

Do you find that at parties, everyone flocks around you?

[quote name='msp32']Yes, shes 32 and married to a non-vegitarian. So that should not stop you. But she drinks and will have some bacon or fish occasionally. most people don't like a stick in the mud who is worrying about convictions all the time. That is what i am saying. Broaden your horizens, and somebody you like is going to be BFless. But she may eat meat and drink wine, why let that shit stop you. Its downright silly.[/QUOTE]

lol If she eats bacon and fish she's not a vegetarian. I've met girls like that before. I'm vegetarian except when I eat bacon, fish, hotdogs, human livers, etc.

[quote name='fanskad']You're a real wet blanket.

Do you find that at parties, everyone flocks around you?[/QUOTE]

Exactly what i was saying, how is he is he gonna know if nobody tells him.

[quote name='Collectordragon']lol If she eats bacon and fish she's not a vegetarian. I've met girls like that before. I'm vegetarian except when I eat bacon, fish, hotdogs, human livers, etc.[/QUOTE]

Whatever man, horray for you, she was married by 23 though.

[quote name='msp32']To me being alone and deeming people unfit for companionship because they drink or eat meat is silly and uptight, not admirable.[/QUOTE]

It's not the specific beliefs that I find admirable. It's his conviction of those beliefs. It goes along with the idea of keeping an open mind to what's out there. Now, my last sentence be turned around on me and say, 'well, you should apply that to him' but I'm more referring to tolerance. Even if I disagree with his beliefs (which I admit I do), I respect them nonetheless.

[quote name='jaykrue']It's not silly. It's a lifestyle choice and I respect that. It takes a lot of will and conviction to stand up for his beliefs and is to be admired and respected.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

[quote name='DenisDFat']Parties are for losers.

and whores[/QUOTE]

Thank you mister positive. Video game boards on the other hand are for extroverts, lonely people, and for bored people like me who is now going to work out, go eat a steak, drink and be merry with my friends, and probably won't post again for another year. Later fellas.

[quote name='jaykrue']It's not silly. It's a lifestyle choice and I respect that. It takes a lot of will and conviction to stand up for his beliefs and is to be admired and respected.[/QUOTE]

Why?

I believe eating meat is right, those darn furry little creatures deserve it. In fact, I'm going to have a cookout tomorrow! Respect and Admire me!

I'm not saying somone is right or wrong, but what about those belief (vegetarianism, living dry, and not taking drugs) in particular deserves my admiration and or respect? I don't respect lightly, and I definitely don't respect someone who simply makes a lifestyle decision. Especially when he lets said lifestyle decision limit something and then bitches that he is limited.

[quote name='msp32']To me being alone and deeming people unfit for companionship because they drink or eat meat is silly and uptight, not admirable.[/QUOTE]

It depends on your value system. Let me use an analogy. Would you consider dating a serial killer? I'm not saying meat eaters are equivalent to serial killers I'm justing bringing up a type of person out there that I assume you wouldn't consider dating because of their beliefs. How about something less extreme to serial killers like racists. Would you date a girl who was a proud member of the KKK for example?

[quote name='Collectordragon']It depends on your value system. Let me use an analogy. Would you consider dating a serial killer? I'm not saying meat eaters are equivalent to serial killers I'm justing bringing up a type of person out there that I assume you wouldn't consider dating because of their beliefs. How about something less extreme to serial killers like racists. Would you date a girl who was a proud member of the KKK for example?[/QUOTE]

I will date almost any woman. Frankly, I find value in all living things.

For example, the value of animals is that they get crunchy when deep-fried.

[quote name='fanskad']You're a real wet blanket.

Do you find that at parties, everyone flocks around you?[/QUOTE]

I'm not really into partying that much. I like doing things that are more intellectually stimulating and there's the whole alcohol thing. I do go to parties sometimes though and have even been to vegetarian ones. ...And no there were no single girls at them.

[quote name='Lina']It depends how old you are.

If it's the later years of high school... most girls are with someone because we've gotten to know many of these people, and in high school, there's still the peer pressure that you must be with some guy, even if you don't like him that much.

If it's college... you should be interested in a lot more people. College is all about meeting tons of people.[/QUOTE]

Funny, I thought it was about getting an eduction so that you could get a job.
Guess I screwed up. Pity.

[quote name='JSweeney']Funny, I thought it was about getting an eduction so that you could get a job.
Guess I screwed up. Pity.[/QUOTE]

No, it's about getting a piece of paper so you can get a job. :)

[quote name='DenisDFat']Parties are for losers.

and whores[/QUOTE]

I dig parties, especially small ones with copious quantities of alcohol.

And midgets. Nothing makes a party great like a midget.

[quote name='shrike4242']More sage advice.

College is easily the best place to meet people and get to know yourself. And unless things go very well, the people in college aren't the people you end up meeting/dealing with in real life.

Real life has different situations for meeting people, so the "rules" change a bit. Have to adapt to them.[/QUOTE]

Guess I REALLY screwed up. As if that would come as much of shock to anyone.

[quote name='Lina']I guess. Although, I feel bad about it. The last thing I want now is a relationship. I just want a sex buddy. It's been a long time.[/QUOTE]

Right. The last time I was in a vagina, there was a placenta following shortly thereafter and a doctor cutting my umbilical cord.

I mean seriously. I couldn't get laid even if I were in a women's prison walking around with a stack of complete and binding full pardons.

It's funny but nearly all of the vegetarian girls I've met over the years are taken but most of the vegetarian guys I've met are single. It seems like the guys wait for a like-minded girl but the girls don't wait for a like-minded guy. Odd...

What do you think of that observation, Lina? What your take on it from a girl's perspective?

[quote name='JSweeney']Right. The last time I was in a vagina, there was a placenta following shortly thereafter and a doctor cutting my umbilical cord.

I mean seriously. I couldn't get laid even if I were in a women's prison walking around with a stack of complete and binding full pardons.[/QUOTE]

Please stop.

[quote name='fanskad']Why?

I believe eating meat is right, those darn furry little creatures deserve it. In fact, I'm going to have a cookout tomorrow! Respect and Admire me!

I'm not saying somone is right or wrong, but what about those belief (vegetarianism, living dry, and not taking drugs) in particular deserves my admiration and or respect? I don't respect lightly, and I definitely don't respect someone who simply makes a lifestyle decision. Especially when he lets said lifestyle decision limit something and then bitches that he is limited.[/QUOTE]

You miss my point. As I said in my other post, it's not the particular belief that receives my respect and admiration. I even pointed out that I disagree with those specific beliefs. What I do respect is the conviction he has for his beliefs even if I don't agree with them. So what if his lifestyle decision limits him and he bitches about it? It's still his choice and I respect that he made that choice - not whether or not the choice itself is right or wrong. Plus it doesn't affect you or me personally. Even if he decides to totally disregard my/anyone's advice here, I won't lose any sleep over it. But I won't go out of my way to show my disdain or disgust for his beliefs either. There's speaking your mind and then there's going out of your way to intently hurt someone's feelings by ridiculing his beliefs. I make no sarcastic remarks to throw in his face. I simply say that I don't agree with his point of view and leave it be.

[quote name='Collectordragon']It's funny but nearly all of the vegetarian girls I've met over the years are taken but most of the vegetarian guys I've met are single. It seems like the guys wait for a like-minded girl but the girls don't wait for a like-minded guy. Odd...

What do you think of that observation, Lina? What your take on it from a girl's perspective?[/QUOTE]

I don't know...

I don't know any vegetarian girls. Any serious ones about it, at least.

I think it's rather ridiculous to have "vegetarian parties" and such. Why does it matter so much to you that your partner eats the same things?

[quote name='javeryh']I don't want to generalize but all vegetarians ruin everything for everyone.[/QUOTE]

lol. You must not like thinking about what's truly right or wrong. I guess had you lived antebellum you would have been saying the same thing about abolitionists.

[quote name='Lina']Please stop.[/QUOTE]

It's harsh, but it's true.
I have more sense than to try to lie to myself.

[quote name='JSweeney']It's harsh, but it's true.
I have more sense than to try to lie to myself.[/QUOTE]

It's not true.

I'm one person that likes you.

And I'm sure there's many more.

[quote name='DenisDFat']Oh my, a new day and the tables have turned! JSweetney is heading for a bannding[/QUOTE]

If that was the will of CheapyD and the userbase, I wouldn't even try to dispute it.

[quote name='Collectordragon']lol. You must not like thinking about what's truly right or wrong. I guess had you lived antebellum you would have been saying the same thing about abolitionists.[/QUOTE]

You're turning this into a political discussion about the merits of being a vegan.

I assume that you are a vegan, since you object to meat on moral grounds.

Please confine political discussions to the versus forum.

[quote name='Lina']I don't know...

I don't know any vegetarian girls. Any serious ones about it, at least.

I think it's rather ridiculous to have "vegetarian parties" and such. Why does it matter so much to you that your partner eats the same things?[/QUOTE]

What's wrong about having parties with like minded people. It's like if you're Jewish would you want to go to a party that served pork and bacon or would you prefer a kosher party?

[quote name='JSweeney']Right. The last time I was in a vagina, there was a placenta following shortly thereafter and a doctor cutting my umbilical cord.

I mean seriously. I couldn't get laid even if I were in a women's prison walking around with a stack of complete and binding full pardons.[/QUOTE]

So perhaps we get to hear the story behind this?:D

[quote name='zionoverfire']So perhaps we get to hear the story behind this?:D[/QUOTE]

I believe it was sarcasm, referring to Lina's assertion "I just want a fuck-buddy."

[quote name='fanskad']I believe it was sarcasm, referring to Lina's assertion "I just want a fuck-buddy."[/QUOTE]

It wasn't sarcasm.

[quote name='fanskad']I believe it was sarcasm, referring to Lina's assertion "I just want a fuck-buddy."[/QUOTE]

The ways of the Sweeny are quite mysterious at times and even his jokes have meaning.

[quote name='Lina']It wasn't sarcasm.[/QUOTE]

I mean, Jsweeny was using sarcasm... Nevermind.

Forget I said anything. Shouldn't be hard.

[quote name='zionoverfire']The ways of the Sweeny are quite mysterious at times and even his jokes have meaning.[/QUOTE]

Sweeny strikes me as intelligent and articulate, and as such I doubt he has any problem getting laid. Regardless of what he looks like.

However, I will bow to your greater experience and wait for a clarification from him.

Ok, somehow the conversation just deviated (that's what I get for going to take a piss) and now you're all discussing Lina and sarcasm (or lack thereof) of fuck buddies.

I like having fubus myself (I have 2 right now) but is that really that contraversial?

[quote name='fanskad']You're turning this into a political discussion about the merits of being a vegan.

I assume that you are a vegan, since you object to meat on moral grounds.

Please confine political discussions to the versus forum.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm vegan. It's funny that it only started to turn into a political discussion after I gave my point of view on the issue. Guess it's not political when you agree with it. I won't say anymore about the moral grounds of my beliefs if the other people stop making their comments. I'll remind everyone that my topic started out about the type of girl I like always having a bf. I didn't even state what my type of girl was originally or my beliefs to avoid arguments.

[quote name='zionoverfire']So perhaps we get to hear the story behind this?:D[/QUOTE]

Not much of a story.
More of a statement of fact.
Some may call that sort of situation virtue, but virtue usually requires some sort of effort towards it, rather than just a certain flow of events leading to that particular end state.

[quote name='Collectordragon']Yes, I'm vegan. It's funny that it only started to turn into a political discussion after I gave my point of view on the issue. Guess it's not political when you agree with it. I won't say anymore about the moral grounds of my beliefs if the other people stop making their comments. I'll remind everyone that my topic started out about the type of girl I like always having a bf. I didn't even state what my type of girl was originally or my beliefs to avoid arguments.[/QUOTE]

And you still have no valid excuse if you caught my last post about your situation.

[quote name='fanskad']Sweeny strikes me as intelligent and articulate, and as such I doubt he has any problem getting laid. Regardless of what he looks like.

However, I will bow to your greater experience and wait for a clarification from him.[/QUOTE]

Oh if he has problems getting laid it's not his looks it would be personal problems, besides remember people online aren't always the same in the real world.

But he's been acting rather strange today, I do hope I haven't helped to contribute to it.

[quote name='JSweeney']Not much of a story.
More of a statement of fact.
Some may call that sort of situation virtue, but virtue usually requires some sort of effort towards it, rather than just a certain flow of events leading to that particular end state.[/QUOTE]

I somehow doubt with you it was simply a flow of events that you didn't direct in any way shape or form, conciously or otherwise.

[quote name='Collectordragon']Yes, I'm vegan. It's funny that it only started to turn into a political discussion after I gave my point of view on the issue. Guess it's not political when you agree with it.[/QUOTE]

50% of Americans agree that we're not a divided country.

[quote name='zionoverfire']I somehow doubt with you it was simply a flow of events that you didn't direct in any way shape or form, conciously or otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Oh, most certainly.
But I hardly consider myself to be one worthy such a lofty label such as virtuous.
Rather than an a course of actions actually shaping things leading to this end product, it's more likely to be a distinct pattern of inaction, missed oportunities and squandered resources.

[quote name='shrike4242']I knew someone else was going to make that leap in the conversation. :lol:[/QUOTE]

LOL, Yeah I know it was a little immature, but sometimes I just can't help myself. You should know by now that I'm a little goofy sometimes. Besides, I'm just a little giddy that the cheaters might be gone from Halo soon!

To the OP, maybe you should try dating someone with slightly different beliefs than you. It may surprise you. Who knows, you may find a girl who you get along with and enjoy being with and decide to overlook that she isn't vegetarian. You never know until you try, and college is definitely the place to experiment.

bread's done
Back