Do I need 2 Wiimotes/Nunchuks???

dserafin1986

CAGiversary!
I have a wii in transit to me from Compusa...Wanted to know if I need to get an extra wiimote, and/or nunchuk...I will be playing the following games:

Wii sports
Monkey Ball
Zelda

Is it really necessary for me to have these extra accessories out of the gate?

Thanks in advance for the advice

[quote name='dserafin1986']I have a wii in transit to me from Compusa...Wanted to know if I need to get an extra wiimote, and/or nunchuk...I will be playing the following games:

Wii sports
Monkey Ball
Zelda

Thanks in advance for the advice[/quote]

Do you want to play with other people? That is the answer to your question right there.

[quote name='dserafin1986']I have a wii in transit to me from Compusa...Wanted to know if I need to get an extra wiimote, and/or nunchuk...I will be playing the following games:

Wii sports
Monkey Ball
Zelda

Thanks in advance for the advice[/quote]

Only if you want to play multiplayer on monkeyball, and wii sports (for 3 of the five games anyway, you can use one controller for bowling and golf). It's not needed but it is nice to have when friends over and stuff to play multiplayer.

[quote name='dserafin1986']I'll get a second wiimote, but skip the nunchuk for now...[/QUOTE]

Thats what I did but I'm sorry I did because now I can't box with my friends (which would seem fun) and I hear that monkey ball multiplayer basically requires nunchucks so if thats your list of games it would make sense to get both.

I had a second nunchuck for a while, but I never opened it and eventually returned it to Wal-Mart. I figured I'd wait until Best Buy restocked so I could pick it up with a GGC. 3 weeks later, and I still haven't seen a nunchuck in Best Buy nor in any other store.

So, if you can snag one, snag one.

Definitely get the nunchuk! Boxing is a lot of fun when playing with another person. I saw a couple of them in stores last weekend, which is way more than what there was at launch. I called every store I could think of in and around my city trying to find one of these fucking things! Sold out everywhere I called. Later that day my wife and I paid my mom a visit and ended up taking her to a Kmart in the town next to hers. Figured what the hell and checked out the electronics section and found a single nunchuk amongst the pile of games in the glass case. Bought it and took it home where my wife beat the crap out of me at boxing throughout the night.

I currently have 4 Wii Remotes and 4 Nunchuks. Do I regret adding another $180 onto the launch price? Not at all - that's what the Wii is meant for. Buy controllers as soon as you possibly can.

I bought a second Wiimote/Nunchuck. I've definately used the extra Wiimote, haven't opened the Nunchuck though.

I play on getting a 3rd Wiimote when Wii Play comes out, but no more nunchucks.

bread's done
Back