Do not Cancel your GTA IV pre-order at Gamestop.....

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Hmm, I just got a great idea by reading through this thread, there's a jerk.. in-fact, a full store of jerks, at one of the EB's in the Rockaway Mall in NJ.

I should bring an army of people down there, and have everyone pre-order a game, and then cancel it right after everything is typed-in. Rinse and repeat, until they refuse to take pre-orders anymore from me or my army, in-which I will then report them to the BBB, and notify the D.M. that they refused to take my pre-orders.

I could also just pre-order something, and come in and out of the store every 5 minutes while I'm there, and change it to another game, I think that might be the better solution. Definatly more rewarding.

I'd hope they'd get fired over option #1 though, that would surely make my day. :)

And yes, not many people would deserve to be fired, or have anything done to them in this world, but the people in this store, are long over-due for a reality check.

The other stores over here, I have no problem with though, everyone is usually very nice, and I've never really had any problems - it's just that one store (keep in-mind, there is an EB, a GameStop, and an EBX in this mall - all within 500 feet of each other - and another Gamestop outside the mall, down the road 2 minutes).[/quote]

cute story! if you really want to stick it to them you should just not shop there, preorder and trade in games to nearby gamestops.

I work at a GameStop that is full of guys (and girls) that are frequent readers of all sorts of gaming news sites, most of us even read and post here at CAG. We know games, we love games, and we're definitely not assholes (at least I don't think so). To be honest, we're no longer forced to keep a 'quota' of reserves and subscriptions, although that may make you appear to be more favorable in a manager's eyes. On a nightly number sheet, a store manager can see the ratio of new reservations to cancelled ones. Any but the most idiotic managers could see that it's clearly not the clerk's fault. It sucks that so many of you have horrible experiences at GameStop, but I assure you there are those out there that don't suck.

Also, regarding not getting more copies of any given game to boost pre-orders, that's almost never the case - at least in my area. The only reason we'd ever run out of copies is if

a) There is an unforseen demand for the game (we sold out of Army of Two, and couldn't keep it in stock for over 3 weeks, sold almost 3 times the preorder amount)

b) it is a Niche title (JRPGS mostly.). We got in 3 copies of Persona 3 FES. One went to me, one to the main store manager, and one to a Pre-Order. I don't forsee us getting restocked much, if at all.

I often don't understand all the gamestop hate that goes around the internet. Maybe it's because I work in a store that is the exception to the rule? I like to think so. I am just really appalled that you guys have such horrid experiences with associates.

One thing you can do is bitch on tellgamestop.com. believe this or not, the contest you get entered in is quite legitimate - and negative feedback via that site is noticed. I encourage you to use the site, be it for positive or negative feedback.

Yo i work at GS too and yea the +1, -1 thing is true but as of like 2 months it doesnt matter about how many PRE-ORDERS we get. the company reevaluated how stores get ranked, thats what came straight out of my district managers mouth. so i think that guy was being a douche.... when people come and cancel on me, sure i try to get them to switch it to something else but if not guess what - WHO CARES! Oh and that 3 times cancel crap is just that CRAP! i moved to a different store and i had 13 reserves at my old store totaling about $100 dollars then i needed money and bam i just cancelled them all in one day....NOTHING HAPPENED! and untouchablemike is right depending on your store sometimes you dont get that many copies of a game if people dont pre-order it. like my store got 24 persona FES thats cuz 10 people pre-ordered it.... then again sometimes we dont even get certain games.... but other stores will, its a demographic thing. so if you know your gonna get a game and you have a gs near you might as well pre-order it cuz the pre-order system is like a lay-away deal, and who doesnt like lay-away?!?!
-LATER!

[quote name='daminion']Pretty sure the "you can only cancel 3 pre-orders" crap is complete BS.

I seriously doubt their system is sophisticated enough to track this.

They cannot look up an account to see if it has an active membership (edge) card, but they can track the number of pre-orders you've canceled? yea right.[/quote]

It is BS. When I was in the store filling out my employee paperwork, a guy came in and prepaid full value on 3 games that aren't out for months. The manager told him he could just pay the $5 and if he wasn't sure if he wanted the game later on, to just cancel it and put it towards something else. (Being that this guy obviously spends a ton of money on games, no reason not to tell him to put the preorder money towards a different game.)

bread's done
Back