Do people not realize guides can be bent in half?

DarkRider23

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Do they not realize that, or are they just dumb? Or maybe, they think the USPS actually cares about the way packages are handled? They don't baby your damn packages, people. Wake up. USPS tosses shit around as much as they want. They can care less if the item arrives broken or in tact.

It's so annoying ordering a guide online and having it come bent in half at the spine because someone didn't even think of putting it in a box or, for that matter, putting some cardboard in the bubble envelope it was shipped it to protect it. If you're selling a guide for $20+, you better damn have some cardboard in the package, you cheapass.

Pics to just show my frustration :(. This is the 4th guide this month that's arrived like this. It's annoying. One of them was a $60 DQ5 guide that arrived bent in 4 places, with 3 corners absolutely destroyed. No pics because I sent that bastard back as soon as it arrived.

bjb17.jpg

u11sl.jpg

You're so right. Those tiny imperfections on the spine of a guide render all the pages inside absolutely unreadable.

I just got the promo comic from Singularity from someone on here, and it looks like crap because it got bent in half. It would be nice if people would at least put "DO NOT BEND" or some backing in the package, SOMETHING.

I always write DO NOT BEND on the front and back of the envelope when shipping a guide. I don't know if the post office is always going to read it or care that the envelope says it but I figure it can't hurt.

[quote name='Survivalism']You're so right. Those tiny imperfections on the spine of a guide render all the pages inside absolutely unreadable.[/QUOTE]

You're so right. I order a guide brand new and it doesn't arrive brand new, so I should just live with it. :roll:

[quote name='DarkRider23']Do they not realize that, or are they just dumb? Or maybe, they think the USPS actually cares about the way packages are handled? They don't baby your damn packages, people. Wake up. USPS tosses shit around as much as they want. They can care less if the item arrives broken or in tact.

It's so annoying ordering a guide online and having it come bent in half at the spine because someone didn't even think of putting it in a box or, for that matter, putting some cardboard in the bubble envelope it was shipped it to protect it. If you're selling a guide for $20+, you better damn have some cardboard in the package, you cheapass.

Pics to just show my frustration :(. This is the 4th guide this month that's arrived like this. It's annoying. One of them was a $60 DQ5 guide that arrived bent in 4 places, with 3 corners absolutely destroyed. No pics because I sent that bastard back as soon as it arrived.

bjb17.jpg

u11sl.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain. I've had that issue so many times... nearly all of my guides have some type of spine damage due to people sticking them in a bubble mailer and sending them out.

I always send out my guides in a bag, taped to a strong piece of cardboard that covers all edges and corners. Never had an issue. Of course, very few CAGs return the favor because they're more interested in saving 15 cents. :roll:

That is shitty. And I love the first smart assed comment. Here's a shocker dude, some people care about the condition of their stuff AS WELL as the functionality.

I try to always include some cardboard or i try to put it in a box.
The guides i get from CAG, they seem to know how to ship.

The ones I got from Amazon have been really good.

maybe its just me but in my experience it seems that "do not bend" means "crush me into the mailbox anyway possible"

and in my case its usually photos or important documents (like diplomas)

[quote name='Survivalism']You're so right. Those tiny imperfections on the spine of a guide render all the pages inside absolutely unreadable.[/QUOTE]

I hope every game case you get is utterly destroyed except for the disc being readable...

...I feel for the OP I buy something I expect it in the condition agreed upon

[quote name='orcafan8']maybe its just me but in my experience it seems that "do not bend" means "crush me into the mailbox anyway possible"

and in my case its usually photos or important documents (like diplomas)[/QUOTE]

It's usually not the postal workers who bend guides, it's the machines and sorting. While postal workers aren't going to treat your package like it's made of glass, but they also don't go out of their way to end things.

[quote name='Vinny']It's usually not the postal workers who bend guides, it's the machines and sorting. While postal workers aren't going to treat your package like it's made of glass, but they also don't go out of their way to end things.[/QUOTE]

reminds me of the time I went to Walmart to help my girlfriend by a Xbox 360 Arcade

...the cashier flipped it on its side and each side banged flat on the table to attempt to find the barcode

...I said no excuse me I will get another one please

[quote name='Vinny']It's usually not the postal workers who bend guides, it's the machines and sorting. While postal workers aren't going to treat your package like it's made of glass, but they also don't go out of their way to end things.[/QUOTE]

They definitely don't go out of their way. I once dropped off a few boxes and instead of carrying them into the bins, the workers just tossed them across the room. I knew I packaged the item well, so I just ignored it, but there really was no need to toss them 20 feet.

[quote name='DarkRider23']They definitely don't go out of their way. I once dropped off a few boxes and instead of carrying them into the bins, the workers just tossed them across the room. I knew I packaged the item well, so I just ignored it, but there really was no need to toss them 20 feet.[/QUOTE]

Once I got this free poster sent to me (luckily it was free)...

I was gaming, heard something hit my door, I get up go to my window, I see the mailman get in his car/truck/thing, I open my door...

...there is a cylinder package halfway between my door and the curb because it rolled from bouncing off my door

USPS will be why stores will NEVER be 100% online

[quote name='CaptainKirk']Once I got this free poster sent to me (luckily it was free)...

I was gaming, heard something hit my door, I get up go to my window, I see the mailman get in his car/truck/thing, I open my door...

...there is a cylinder package halfway between my door and the curb because it rolled from bouncing off my door

USPS will be why stores will NEVER be 100% online[/QUOTE]

Depends on driver, some are assholes and some are caring.

Stores are usually more over-priced than online e-retailers. ( 40% markup? Great!)

oh no its workers, when i lived out in the country we had private ppl delivering our mail and they would fold things to make them fit, and now here at my apartment, i have had textbooks folded and crammed so tightly into my box that i couldn't get them out and had to catch the mailman with the doors open to ease it out.

I figure its a cost of doing business with usps

Maybe the seller got it for a penny from BB? Lot of guides are folded in half or have spine damages while they're in the guide racks. People flip the guides forward in order to see those behind and those racks are so tight a fit that they literally damage the guides.

I've gotten magazines in envelopes with "Do Not Bend" written on them and the postman always folds them in half to stick them in the mailbox.

A little off topic, but this thread sounds totally like the arguments I used to have collecting comics back in the day and people wouldnt understand why I would bag and board them instead of just treating them like a magazine. I feel your pain OP jsut because even though I dont collect guides, I know the frustration. Especially if you pay good money on something.

[quote name='tankass']A little off topic, but this thread sounds totally like the arguments I used to have collecting comics back in the day and people wouldnt understand why I would bag and board them instead of just treating them like a magazine. I feel your pain OP jsut because even though I dont collect guides, I know the frustration. Especially if you pay good money on something.[/QUOTE]

Don't remind me of that =/. People on eBay and other websites are completely ignorant when it comes to keeping comics in good shape. I've actually stopped using online sites that don't check their comics before sending them out just because it started to piss me off.

though it sometimes is the fault of the person who packages stuff that it arrives damage you can't give all the blame to them.
My friend use to work for a "major package deliver company" loading & unloading packages. The way he explained it to me is exactly like those cartoons when they show mail being junked around on purpose. A fragile sign only mean more points if you get it in the container from the back of the truck ;).

[quote name='eau']Maybe the seller got it for a penny from BB? Lot of guides are folded in half or have spine damages while they're in the guide racks. People flip the guides forward in order to see those behind and those racks are so tight a fit that they literally damage the guides.[/QUOTE]
I concur on this, as I've seen a ton of guides with spine bends/spine breaks/bent covers and so on. If people are so worried about the condition of something down to the smallest minutia and want a millimeter by millimeter description of something they're buying then EMAIL THE SELLER AND ASK!!

Some folks just grab what is available when buying guides/games and one person's definition of 'mint' may not mesh with that of another person.

As for the rough package handling(which may also have played a part in the condition of the guide the OP received), we used to toss dvd players/vcr's to each other when offloading them from a pallet at the one department store here. Why? Because the idiots that made the little row of stock rooms we had to put them into made the aisle between them too narrow for the pallets to fit down.

So we would play hot potato and toss them to each other before finally stacking them on the shelves.;) Any ones we dropped we marked with a black X in marker so if we went to buy one we didn't get one of the ones we 'oopsied'.:razz:

[quote name='vic_x51']though it sometimes is the fault of the person who packages stuff that it arrives damage you can't give all the blame to them.
My friend use to work for a "major package deliver company" loading & unloading packages. The way he explained it to me is exactly like those cartoons when they show mail being junked around on purpose. A fragile sign only mean more points if you get it in the container from the back of the truck ;).[/QUOTE]

The person sending the item should take full responsibility when shipping anything. If items get packaged properly, then this wouldn't have happened. The 2 pieces of cardboard would have been, at most 20 cents extra.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I concur on this, as I've seen a ton of guides with spine bends/spine breaks/bent covers and so on. If people are so worried about the condition of something down to the smallest minutia and want a millimeter by millimeter description of something they're buying then EMAIL THE SELLER AND ASK!!
[/QUOTE]

Emailing the seller is pointless when you see the picture of the item in perfect like new condition. And I'm not really that picky. I've bought guides before that I've missed in the penny drops and I can deal with almost any type of damage to them except spine damage. When I put them on my shelf and see the damage on the spine, it annoys me. If it was just something on the cover or the corners I would shrug it off.

Well... here's attempt #2. This time, I made it a point to know that the shipper (different person) packaged it properly by spamming his email with messages until he responded. This time, the guide was shipped in a manila envelope... I'm giving up.

Picture makes it look better than it is. The damn book won't even straighten out.

7DDGp.jpg

Edit -

Just got the mail from outside... LOL is all I have to say.

2Sblg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaptainKirk']I see it has a hump in it[/QUOTE]

The other side is the side that shows the bend/ damage on it. Probably should have taken it from that side, but whatever. It's packaged up and ready to be sent back.

[quote name='CaptainKirk']whats up with those smashed GBA boxes? lol[/QUOTE]

It's what I just received in the mail today from another order =(.

I always wrap and tape mine in cardboard (before putting them in a bubble mailer) when I ship them. Just having a piece or cardboard in the envelope isn't enough to keep it from getting folded. And the damn cardboard is free!!! (I use priority mail boxes) All you have to do is take a minute extra to cut and tape.

And if you put a fragile or DO NOT BEND sticker on it, it's just a challenge to the postal workers to damage it; they don't give a shit about your package.

You need to start buying from sellers who offer postal insurance, all of those damaged during shipping issues could've been turned into claims against the USPS if the seller did a reasonable job at packing.

i send guides in boxes. Can buy boxes in bulk for like 25 cents each, cheaper than going to buy bubble mailers(unless also in bulk) most of the time

No need for insurance. Whenever you buy boxed games email and make sure they will be sent in a box. If they don't respond, don't buy. Besides, with ebay and amazon the policies are so tipped towards the buyer that you can easily force a refund.

[quote name='Zaku77']No need for insurance. Whenever you buy boxed games email and make sure they will be sent in a box. If they don't respond, don't buy. Besides, with ebay and amazon the policies are so tipped towards the buyer that you can easily force a refund.[/QUOTE]

yeah but being ignorant like that can get your feedback real negative real quick

[quote name='aptanor']I just got the promo comic from Singularity from someone on here, and it looks like crap because it got bent in half. It would be nice if people would at least put "DO NOT BEND" or some backing in the package, SOMETHING.[/QUOTE]

In fairness, most of those comics were destroyed by the manufacter in how they arrived before the guy sent it to you.

There's no buyer feedback on amazon. If you tell someone on ebay to ship in a box and they don't, or if they are just too stupid to pack it well on their own, there is NO way ebay will let them leave negative for you. Sellers on ebay don't even have the option to normally. There needs to be a legitimate issue with the buyer. The seller packing something like crap, certainly does not fit that bill.

[quote name='CaptainKirk']yeah but being ignorant like that can get your feedback real negative real quick[/QUOTE]

As a seller, sure--- but how does this work when Ebay only lets sellers get negatives?

Some best buys have those wire racks where if they get too with thinner guides, they bend over the front, causing a huge crease and tearing in the spine. Very annoying.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']As a seller, sure--- but how does this work when Ebay only lets sellers get negatives?[/QUOTE]

I was just sayn like if you got it from here or Goozex? idk how that works

bread's done
Back