Do the 12/31 PS3's include Talladega Nights Blu-Ray movie?

My 60 gig I bought 3 weeks ago did not, but I have had friends that bought the 20 gigs a week a go that had the disc. I think the box will have a sticker.

[quote name='fire17']My 60 gig I bought 3 weeks ago did not, but I have had friends that bought the 20 gigs a week a go that had the disc. I think the box will have a sticker.[/quote]

Interesting... My 60GB I bought 3 weeks ago does and I think the ones I saw in stock a week later still did as well.

The 60GB I bought a few days ago didn't include the movie.

It did come with a bunch of 10 dollar rebates though.

That kinda blows you didn't get the free movie. Any word on how many PS3s got shipped with the movie ? I wonder if it's more or less how many PSPs came with Spiderman 2.

It also sucks since this weeks bestbuy ad still says you get the movie when you buy a PS3. I wonder is the ad pissed anyone off when they didn't get their movie.

[quote name='KingDox']That kinda blows you didn't get the free movie. Any word on how many PS3s got shipped with the movie ? I wonder if it's more or less how many PSPs came with Spiderman 2.

It also sucks since this weeks bestbuy ad still says you get the movie when you buy a PS3. I wonder is the ad pissed anyone off when they didn't get their movie.[/quote]

I read somewhere that the first 500,000 units included the movie. Not sure if that's correct or not.

[quote name='KingDox']That kinda blows you didn't get the free movie. Any word on how many PS3s got shipped with the movie ? I wonder if it's more or less how many PSPs came with Spiderman 2.

It also sucks since this weeks bestbuy ad still says you get the movie when you buy a PS3. I wonder is the ad pissed anyone off when they didn't get their movie.[/QUOTE]

Doubt there's anything Best Buy can do about the missing Talladega Nights, right?

I saw that in the ad too...Whats up with that? They SAY it comes with TN, but the 2 people I saw tonight (At 7PM) did not have the sticker on the bottom...

[quote name='gizmogc']I saw that in the ad too...Whats up with that? They SAY it comes with TN, but the 2 people I saw tonight (At 7PM) did not have the sticker on the bottom...[/quote]

Interesting... I didn't look at the ad very closely this morning to see that. I wonder if anyone has gone back to the store and wanted a discount because of it?

Hey guys, I hate to break it to you but the copy of Talladega Nights that came with the PS3 is pure ass (for a Blu-Ray title). If you were hoping for a freebie, however, then I understand your pain. But that movie IN NO WAY represents a worthy Blu-Ray title.

I have read that the Talledega Nights that came with the PS3 is a 25 gig Blu-Ray. The retail version is a 50 gig Blu-Ray which is supposed to have better picture quality. IF I bought one a Best Buy on Sunday I would be going back for a free movie, but instead I bought mine at Gamestop when I told them that I received no movie they just giggled.

[quote name='daphatty']Hey guys, I hate to break it to you but the copy of Talladega Nights that came with the PS3 is pure ass (for a Blu-Ray title). If you were hoping for a freebie, however, then I understand your pain. But that movie IN NO WAY represents a worthy Blu-Ray title.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know. Sony hyped the hell out of it and then sticks it on a 25gig disc and makes it the theatrical version. However a 50gig disc would have meant nothing as they didn't improve the video at all, simply put a few extras on it.

Whether the copy of the movie is ass or not isn't the issue. If BB advertised it then the people that bought the system should get it. Or if you're not interested in the movie push for a discount on your system or a GC for the value of the missing item. (Looks like according to BB.com TN sells for $25 and has a list price of almost $40).

You're probably better off that the system didn't come with TN because it means it's from the newer batch. If you see any systems on the shelf right now w/ TN they're probably the orphans returned to the store by the ebay scalpers. We've all seen the inhumane treatment these ebay systems have been subjected to (in some auctions it looks like they're humping the boxes!):whistle2:&

You have no idea where those TN units have been so make sure you've had all of your shots and put on some gloves before you touch em' :lol:.

Yeah, I heard the quality on this was total ass, and it looks like a standard DVD. Still, that sucks if you didn't get your for free. I got a PS3 two weeks ago, and it didn't come with it, I took it back because I couldn't sell it though.

It sucks you guys didnt get it with yours, but youre not missing out, the movie it self was subpar and the quality of the transfer is highly suspect

[quote name='Chris in Cali']I took it back because I couldn't sell it though.[/QUOTE]You shouldn't be scalping consoles.

I don't care much about the movie, since it's not my type (really don't like NASCAR or auto racing), but it's cool to have a blu-ray movie. :) I still think the quality is good. I plan to buy tons of blu-ray disc in the future though, to support Sony's format.

Mine was purchased around the 20th (week before Xmas) - no Ricky Bobby in my box (not really missed though). I did pick up Ace Age 2 for the kids though.

TexTuna

[quote name='The Mana Knight']You shouldn't be scalping consoles.

I don't care much about the movie, since it's not my type (really don't like NASCAR or auto racing), but it's cool to have a blu-ray movie. :) I still think the quality is good. I plan to buy tons of blu-ray disc in the future though, to support Sony's format.[/QUOTE]

If Sony was trying to push the Blu-Ray format including TN was a bad idea. Its a bad transfer and has no extras (sadly like most BRs). I couldn't even think of a better movie to include except Ice Age 2, but it may have not appealed to the people spending $600.

I am only buying BR movies that are on BR only. If it comes out on both HD-DVD and BR, I'm getting it for HD.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']You shouldn't be scalping consoles.

I don't care much about the movie, since it's not my type (really don't like NASCAR or auto racing), but it's cool to have a blu-ray movie. :) I still think the quality is good. I plan to buy tons of blu-ray disc in the future though, to support Sony's format.[/QUOTE]

Gee, thanks mom. I bought a PS3 as an impulse buy, had it for a few days and was tempted to open it. Decided I should try and sell it for a whopping $50 more than I paid for it. It's not like I bought every single unit the store had and was charing $1000 or something, geez. I actually ended up losing $25 because of the ad I ran in my local paper.

[quote name='gizmogc']If Sony was trying to push the Blu-Ray format including TN was a bad idea. Its a bad transfer and has no extras (sadly like most BRs). I couldn't even think of a better movie to include except Ice Age 2, but it may have not appealed to the people spending $600.[/QUOTE]Some only paid $500, like me, for a PS3. ;) I personally feel blu-ray is superior to HD, which is why I'm supporting it over HD-DVD.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Some only paid $500, like me, for a PS3. ;) I personally feel blu-ray is superior to HD, which is why I'm supporting it over HD-DVD.[/QUOTE]

Which is cool. I however feel HD is far superior to BR in nearly every aspect.
However there are BR movies not available in HD, and the PS3 eats BR discs which I love (I hate trays so damn much)

bread's done
Back