Do White Dualshock 3 controllers work with US PS3's?

Yes, although I have a complaint about the white controller. The L3 and R3 buttons feel different in a negative way compared to the black controller. Like while playing infamous where you have to click the R3 button to find electricity was extremely annoying to do.
I can't really explain, because I don't know what the exact problem is... it's just weird lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, they work fine. I ordered a white Japanese DS3 from Play-Asia months ago and use it every day.

[quote name='silks']Yup, they work fine. I ordered a white Japanese DS3 from Play-Asia months ago and use it every day.[/QUOTE]

Do you have the problem with the L3 and R3 too?

My only problem is a spring broke in my L2 (I probably dropped it or something) so it's kinda loose, but that could happen to any DS3. I notice nothing different between my DS3 and my Sixaxis's, aside from the weight and rumble.

it might be a bit risky to get them off ebay if they want to label them oem. often times oem can be a label to disguise knock-offs (on ebay, atleast). your best bet if you want to be sure they are official is go with amazon or play-asia for the white ds3s.

I ordered a white DS3 on ebay a few weeks ago. Some of the feedback on the seller indicates that it may be a knock-off.

I'll post my findings on here once I inspect the controller.

The "DS3" from ebay is definitely counterfeit. It would be tough to tell if you weren't looking for differences. I have claimed fraud on Paypal. Caveat emptor.

bread's done
Back