do xbl points expire

helluvagood

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
theres this guy selling 6000 points for $13 US. He has a 95.7% rating. I dont know if I should do it.. Do xbl points expire??? (he said he would email the code)

yes they do, but i think its only once they are redeemed. hit up #xboxsupport on twitter and they can answer better, thats sounds very fishy considering 1600 is 20, personally i would avoid it

What these sellers do is make a new account then either use a stolen credit card to buy the points, or they use their own but cancel the payment the next day.

So either the points in the account disappear within 48 hours, or the account eventually gets deleted when Microsoft finds out.

yeah im guessing the points will disappear. $13 isnt a lot, but if I were to buy it I wouldn't know how to spend 6000 points in a day or two. =S

[quote name='crr_1119']What these sellers do is make a new account then either use a stolen credit card to buy the points, or they use their own but cancel the payment the next day.

So either the points in the account disappear within 48 hours, or the account eventually gets deleted when Microsoft finds out.[/QUOTE]

Normally I would agree with you, but the OP says the seller will give him a code. Not a login/password, but a code.

[quote name='Porksta']Normally I would agree with you, but the OP says the seller will give him a code. Not a login/password, but a code.[/QUOTE]

Oh yea, didn't see that part at first. Interesting, 6000 points for $13 just seems way too good to be true.

OP, are you sure he said he'll be emailing you a code to redeem these points in your own account, and not the info to another account that already has them in it?

LOL, read his description and then ask again:

Im Not Ship the CODE/CARD ,
Everything is sent via ebay message/email.
Please sent me mssgs before buy, to avoid misunderstanding
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please send me a message and I will be glad to answer. Thank you.

These are SCAMS - Most say you need to use the points within a time frame. That is BS - MS points that are legit do not expire.

Also, I believe that US points are only in 200, 1600 and 4000 denominations - not 2000, 6000, 10,000 these are available in other countries.

Hope that helps.

His must read:
"Im Not Ship the CODE/CARD ,

Everything is sent via ebay message/email."

I sent him a message for clarification. Haven't gotten the reply yet.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/XBOX-360-LIVE-6000-POINTS-/320592969587?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa4d47f73

I might buy this tomorrow if he still has it for the new red dead redemption dlc. If its a scam, then $13 is not a big deal. Maybe paypal will cover me.
If he does pm the code it wont expire right? If he sends me account info I should use it all in a day I think? I dont mind using it all up in a timeframe, since in Canada we can only get 1400 pts for $20

Well, you would be able to use the points and play the downloaded stuff in your own account. The games and DLC you download won't disappear. But one thing you should know, only gold members can DL the Red Dead Redemption DLC since it's for online use only. If you try to get it with a silver account it won't let you.

Unless the free gold is still going on for silver members right now with that Halo Reach promotion.

One of the feedbacks reads "Quick & great! Make sure you don't purchase avatar items though; don't transfer."

Pretty sure he lied in the auction. You'll be getting an account with stolen points loaded on it. Hope you don't get banned from XBL if you decide to purchase it.

This is so obviously a scam.

IMO, you should stay away. You don't even know what region the account would be linked to. You do realize that MarketPlace and DLC can vary by region? :whistle2:?

Then there is the fact that the licenses for any DLC purchased would always be linked to that account and no telling the kind of trouble that would entail if the account becomes locked or suspended.

[quote name='crr_1119']Well, you would be able to use the points and play the downloaded stuff in your own account. The games and DLC you download won't disappear. But one thing you should know, only gold members can DL the Red Dead Redemption DLC since it's for online use only. If you try to get it with a silver account it won't let you.

Unless the free gold is still going on for silver members right now with that Halo Reach promotion.[/QUOTE]
I checked with a silver account it appears I still could purchase the RDR dlc. It didn't say gold only. But for battlefield 1942 it says gold only and didn't allow me to purchase it

Ask the seller for the Gamertag and you can look it up on Xbox.com

Verify if it's GOLD or SILVER plus the fact that it really does exist. I don't see how he would have a problem giving out the Gamertag on the account. Make him grab a screenshot of the page listing the Points Balance.

Perhaps used a stolen credit card to buy the points and all the account info would then have to be phonied up, of course. :roll:

[quote name='wesdw369']yes they do, but i think its only once they are redeemed.[/QUOTE]

Everything I've ever researched boils down to this:

"Points that you purchase never expire. Points that are awarded to you through promotions can have expiration dates."
To clarify: by purchase, they don't mean through eBay on a stolen/hacked account.

An interesting fact: MS states that there is a limit to the number of points that can be redeemed in one day:

• Q: Is there a limit to how many Points I can redeem in a day?

A: Yes. If you reach this limit, you'll be notified, and you'll have to wait until the next day to redeem more Points.

They're very vague about it, so I have no idea if 6,000 will be under the limit.

As far as this seller goes, he's giving you accounts with the points already redeemed, so a redemption limit isn't really a concern in this regard, though it's still rather interesting.

[quote name='wesdw369']read the fine print on the points card they do expire, major nelson did a video on them awhile back[/QUOTE]

Nope, sorry but there is nothing on the cards stating that the points expire. (not even in the fine print.)

bread's done
Back