Do you guys ever Buy a Game just to GOOZEX it?

TomoyoN

CAGiversary!
Feedback
60 (100%)
Do you guys ever Buy a Game just to GOOZEX it?

I have done it MANY MANY times... I see a game on clearance or on sale and I think to myself I remember this game was XXX points on GoozeX [mentally in my head that 100 points is $5)...

Or if I know I want something on GoozeX that is YYY Points and I know a game used at gamestop will get me YYY points on GoozeX but is cheaper than buying the points on GoozeX...

So am I the only one that does this???

If I used Goozex I would, when i was on Ebay i did it all the time. I also do it with all the local trade stores, at present i have $100 on a gift card to a local store that I got from a $10 garagesale haul.

[quote name='Sinnbox']If I used Goozex I would, when i was on Ebay i did it all the time. I also do it with all the local trade stores, at present i have $100 on a gift card to a local store that I got from a $10 garagesale haul.[/quote]

Well buying stuff to eBay isn't quite the same thing... Your basically buying something to sell it for money...

Trade stores as in pawn shops? Again this is basically just buying to sell...

I guess buying to get GoozeX points is kinda like selling to people since $5 is worth 100 points but not vice-versa... The vice-versa is the reason I don't consider it selling... To me its more trading with a middle man who gives you credit till you can find someone with something you want.

[quote name='TomoyoN']Well buying stuff to eBay isn't quite the same thing... Your basically buying something to sell it for money...

Trade stores as in pawn shops? Again this is basically just buying to sell...

I guess buying to get GoozeX points is kinda like selling to people since $5 is worth 100 points but not vice-versa... The vice-versa is the reason I don't consider it selling... To me its more trading with a middle man who gives you credit till you can find someone with something you want.[/quote]

The middle man is the government and the credit is money. It is the exact same thing, while the other CAG is using a currency that is acceptable everywhere for everything you are using a currency that is accepted on one site for one thing, games.

And you can sell the result, the game you get from Goozex that you got from the games you traded. So it is the exact same thing. Except you are losing more time and money in a process that hampers you.

I haven't personally, although if I had a better phone, I would have looked up goozex points when I was on a video game acquisition binge. I can say that I've definitely received copies of games meant to flip since they were still sealed when I bought em.

Oh, definitely. When Monster Madness was on sale for $10 a few months back, it became an easy 600 Goozex Points. I'm still sending out tons of 100-point disc-only PSX games that I paid about a quarter each for at the GameStop liquidation. Now, that its $5 at K-Mart and 500 points, though, it seems everyone has a copy of it up.

I've done it a couple of times, but the only times I've ever bought something with the sole intention of putting it on Goozex were with PC games from Target clearance. Bought Company of Heroes: Opposing Front for $7.50 and traded it on Goozex for 550 points. That was probably the one with the best return. When Gamecrazy was having the "Buy COD4 get COD3 free" sale I used my credit to get both for $40, then traded the COD4 on Goozex for 1000 points because I already had it. Other than that, I'll pick up the random game on sale or clearance and see if someone on CAG wants it. Otherwise it'll make its way to Goozex or now to Blockbuster since the ones around me started with trade-ins.

I got 10000 points just getting rid of games I would never play or already beat and I still have some 1000 point games I can dump. I'm kinda set on points for a while.

Definitely! I've put a bunch of duplicates from Goodwill, free giveaway games and yardsale finds that don't interest me up on Goozex, and gotten a ton of great games in return.

The points don't matter that much if the game isn't being requested. There are lots of games that have a crapload being offered and zero requests. You could be waiting a year to eventually be matched, depending on the game.

I thought about getting Viking and Condemned 2 for $30 each and flipping them for 1000 points each, but I would be out $60 and I already have over 10000 Goozex points saved up. So to me it's just not worth it.

Now if I find a game on clearance for like $10 and it goes for 600 Goozex points then I would do that.

I've done this a few times so far. I see nothing different from flipping it on Goozex and trading it to a pawn/gaming store.

I recently got GH: Rocks the 80s from the Radio Shack clearance, but I played it once and put it up on Goozex. That would be nice return for my money (getting 650 pts, but only paid $15), but there are a flood of copies already available on Goozex. That's the problem. It's not a guarantee that you find somebody who wants it, or it just might take a very long time.
Obviously you can grab multiple copies of say, Madden 06 from a pawn shop, and your return would be great but those games are notorious for having multiple copies available on Goozex at any time. You'd never be able to offload them.

My Radio Shack had a ton games on clearance, but when I looked on Goozex, it was already flooded with copies of those games. If I have to wait months in line for a trade, then it's not really worth it.

Oh, absolutely. The three Folklores I picked up at Goodwill - straight to goozex. Already traded one, still in the queue for the rest of 'em. Sure it might take awhile, but that's alright. You just have to be patient ($14.99 to 850 Goozex points each!) :D

What I do is if I see a game for cheap or know a sale is coming up, I will throw it on Goozex and check demand. If demand is high, I buy the game. If it isn't, then I don't waste my money: )

dodge ball for the ds Paid 30 got 950 pts
hot shot golf 2 psp paid 30 got 950 pts

Just look for requested games at most pts and it will show you want people want..

I got 200 bucks gift credit at gamecrazy so i been using that to get easy pts

I got match and have in hand

hack//G.U. Vol. 1: Rebirth (Premium Edition) can sell for 40 + (cost 600_
xenogears BLACK LABEL cost 200 pts (now 800 though) Can sell for 40+

and the big shocker

Suikoden II YES SOMEONE READY DID TRADE THIS ON GOOZEX paid 100o pts fetches 100+

1800 pts out of pocket ..... 180 bucks+

that is 6 games for 30 bucks pick only games that fetch 900 thats 5400 pts

if you find games on clearance it would = more pts

i was tempted to put suikoden 2 on ebay and get a quick 120 bucks but i would rather keep it in my collecion for now and maybe dump it around xmas when prices are up to 150+

[quote name='dtarasev']The middle man is the government and the credit is money. It is the exact same thing, while the other CAG is using a currency that is acceptable everywhere for everything you are using a currency that is accepted on one site for one thing, games.

And you can sell the result, the game you get from Goozex that you got from the games you traded. So it is the exact same thing. Except you are losing more time and money in a process that hampers you.[/quote]

Exactly. It's basically the same thing: buying something cheap that has a higher value to someone else.

[quote name='dtarasev']The middle man is the government and the credit is money. It is the exact same thing, while the other CAG is using a currency that is acceptable everywhere for everything you are using a currency that is accepted on one site for one thing, games. [/quote]

Plus Goozex could close down tomorrow and all your points could be moot.

if Goozex has a separate value for Sealed games I'd do it in a heartbeat. most of my double (spare) games are still sealed and that's why they aren't on Goozex

I joined Goozex for the free 100 point game. And then realized that I find to many cheap games and on goozex as the OP said, 100 points is $5. Pick up a Kmart clearance for $5 and it's 400 points on goozex, not a bad flip. I've been able to pick up a few games I've been looking for and can't find, and my luck they've been sealed new copy's.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Plus Goozex could close down tomorrow and all your points could be moot.[/QUOTE]This is a point my wife constantly makes to me. :lol: I've sent out a lot more than I've gotten in from Goozex, and I had built up around 3500 points with nothing in my request queue at all. So I recently just got Ratchet and Uncharted for my new PS3 from Goozex- 1000 points each. Yeah, they'll probably drop soon, making me feel like I "overpaid" for them, but I guess you have to eventually use your Goozex points on something.

I've put a few sealed games on Goozex, but I don't think I've specifically bought games to flip during sales or clearances yet. I have a friend who works at Activision, and he sends me free games from time to time. Ones that I'm not interested in tend to go up on Goozex, like a sealed Enemy Territory Quake Wars for the PC I have up there now.

I think the highest i've even been was about 3500. That was 2 weeks ago. Since then I put a couple cheap 'available now' games and just got an surprise email 5 mins ago saying Oblivion GOTY is on the way so I'm down to 1300 now.

Magiic has 30,000 points last i heard...pretty crazy if you convert that to real money.

yeah i've done it.. especially when i can get a great deal on newer games at the pawn shop for the Wii or PS3 that I know would trade on goozex.. did that a few times.. you can't really blame me heh.

bread's done
Back