Do you hate flippers?

[quote name='zionoverfire']The last thing this country needs is more middlemen leaching money out of the system and claiming their existence is paramount to the health of this nation, nice try though.:lol:[/QUOTE]

You're joking, right? You do realize this nation was built on the back of these middle-men, right? These "too big too fail" corporations are slaving you out for your entire life and you're OK with that? Good luck in life. I'll continue opening up businesses and making money on my own to hopefully become self-sufficient one day.

To Clarify - There's nothing wrong with working for some big corporation your entire life. Hell, almost every one does it, but the fact of the matter is those corporations could give less of a rats ass about you. They already pay you absolute shit (wages have stayed stagnant since the 1970s by the way) because they can get away with it. I'm sick of seeing these corps. make billions of dollars every year (Oil companies for one) and still get tax payers dollars in subsidies whilst paying their workers a shit wage. It's ridiculous. I'll probably be stuck in that loop sooner or later though.

Get off your high horse. How is any different with flippers? They don't give a rat's ass about their "customers" either. Not a single shit about giving a good game to a customer at a fair price, or spreading the wealth of a good deal for those who maybe didn't have the opportunity. Just raping them for as much easy profit as they can because they beat others to the store sale. As long as some dumb fuck comes along and pays, they do whatever they can get away with too.

There is some validity about the tax subsidies and oil companies I'll agree (but that's an entirely different thread) but in principle a flipper and the oil company are not so different. Just that the small-fry flipper deals in $100 and not $100 billion.

[quote name='DarkRider23']You're joking, right? You do realize this nation was built on the back of these middle-men, right? These "too big too fail" corporations are slaving you out for your entire life and you're OK with that? Good luck in life. I'll continue opening up businesses and making money on my own to hopefully become self-sufficient one day.

To Clarify - There's nothing wrong with working for some big corporation your entire life. Hell, almost every one does it, but the fact of the matter is those corporations could give less of a rats ass about you. They already pay you absolute shit (wages have stayed stagnant since the 1970s by the way) because they can get away with it. I'm sick of seeing these corps. make billions of dollars every year (Oil companies for one) and still get tax payers dollars in subsidies whilst paying their workers a shit wage. It's ridiculous. I'll probably be stuck in that loop sooner or later though.[/QUOTE]

LOL, this nation was built on ingenuity and hard work, Corporations are the end result of the middle-men you espouse.

[quote name='confoosious']It wouldn't be a bad idea to start a COST + Tax + $5 thread. Take out the cost of shipping because then people start whining and complaining. The $5 would be enough for me to ship things out to help other CAGs.

Everything must be sealed. No haggling. If you don't want to pay the $5 or if you think $5 is not enough to cover your cost of mailing + gas + mailer, then go elsewhere.

All trades would be subject to standard cag trading rules.

Go for it Punisher.[/QUOTE]

I think $5 profit + shipping cost sounds reasonable, remember there's always the chance somebody will open a bs claim against a CAG performing 'altruistically.' I know it's starting to get absurd with some of the USPS extra services I have to take on to lessen the chance of buyers ripping me off; the total cost can jump up to $7.16 on a more valuable ps2 game.

One point that I haven't seen mentioned is that when flipping games (say from Gamestop) you can often get orders from people who are out in the middle of nowhere or perhaps their stores are too far away or don't have them in stock (which means in essence a flipper is fulfilling a niche that the normal supply chain has failed). I think some folks desiring 'charity' underplay how much effort there is in finding some of these deals--(like there was the time it took me around 3-4 hours of driving around to secure a complete copy of Suikoden 5). Now if I were to turn around and sell this game, I feel that market value would be justified because of the labor I put in. There's nothing evil about paying near market value if it means the buyer doesn't have to do the legwork, you dig?

[quote name='Ruahrc']Get off your high horse. How is any different with flippers? They don't give a rat's ass about their "customers" either. Not a single shit about giving a good game to a customer at a fair price, or spreading the wealth of a good deal for those who maybe didn't have the opportunity. Just raping them for as much easy profit as they can because they beat others to the store sale. As long as some dumb fuck comes along and pays, they do whatever they can get away with too.
[/QUOTE]

Treating your customers like shit != treating your employees like shit.

Please keep it on topic, sir. Either way, my customer service is miles better than almost any other retailer out there. Amazon and a few others have me beat though. I'll admit that.

[quote name='Cmosfm']I still love the whole "spirit of CAG" that comes up all of the time. I've been a member here for what, 8 years or so? I've seen so many great deals come up but never, ever, is someone willing to pick one up for you at cost + shipping and a nominal fee for their time. Penny guides? 10.00 shipped. Unless it's rare, then they'll trade you for something worth it's ebay value. No matter what a CAGer paid for an item, the moment it gets in their hands, it's immediately worth "ebay value"...and that's what they want in return in trade or cash minus a tiny discount since they won't have to pay fees. That's why it's stupid to even brag about anything on here, because all you get is a flooded inbox of "hey man show the CAG spirit we're best friends remember me we traded once 5 years ago. How about letting that 50.00 game go for 5.00 plus actual shipping and no I'm not paying for a bubble mailer".

CAGers are the equivalent of the friend who only calls when he needs something and is never willing to help when you are in need.

If you ask me, there is not "CAG spirit", never has been and never will be. It's a pipe-dream. Hoard the shit out of everything, resell it for your own personal gain, pay your bills/buy more games whatever you want and just don't post it on here. You people would hate me if you knew the shit I've hoarded in the past to resell, I've at times had over 100 copies of a single big-name game I bought at a clearance sale for a buck each, and once had over 600 copies of a smaller but equally valuable game that I didn't pay nearly that much for. You don't want to know the profit I made on that shit.[/QUOTE]
Just sort of skimming the thread, but I can say I've gotten at least one person here an item at cost. I can't say, however that I've never picked up an item to flip, though usually when I do it's pretty much always rarer item found used at gamestop.

And to whoever mentioned hat flippers should get a "real job," flipping IS some peoples jobs. I'd like to here your definition of a "real job," honestly. If you mean working week after week for a measly paycheck then so be it, you may be perfectly happy with that, but some people have discovered an alternate and ultimately much more enjoyable way to make a living.

Well, I guess I can't vote in the poll, but if I could, I'd say No. Simple version: I am one.

The first reason I flip games is to play more games. There were several systems that I didn't have as a kid that I can find at garage sales or flea markets for the right price. So I do it to play a great classic for a system I never had. When I've done that, I sell it so someone else can do the same thing.

And yes, I make a little money from it. But just like Indigo Streetlight said, it took some digging to find some of the things I've sold, so it's nice to feel that appreciation for going the extra mile (or thirty, in some rare cases). It's not "quit my job" money, but it lets me enjoy things, like more games. So what's the harm?

Lately, the reason I do it is because we're on a budget. I've been married for a few years (she's not a gamer, but she does have a DS...it's a start, right?), and the only way she agreed to letting me get my 360 was if I sold my old games to help pay for it. That was three years ago, and my old collection of games paid for a 360, a 2nd iPod, my iPhone, and a plethora of stuff for all of them. I'm happy because I got what I wanted and found a new hobby that I absolutely love, and my wife's happy because I'm not using money from our budget.

I flip games because I love games, and without flipping, I would never be able to enjoy some of the best games I've ever played. I consider that experience worth buying low and selling high.

[quote name='aptanor']And to whoever mentioned hat flippers should get a "real job," flipping IS some peoples jobs. I'd like to here your definition of a "real job," honestly. If you mean working week after week for a measly paycheck then so be it, you may be perfectly happy with that, but some people have discovered an alternate and ultimately much more enjoyable way to make a living.[/QUOTE]

Damn. Straight.

The fact of the matter is this. I ENJOY my life, I mean really truly enjoy my life. Not in a "fooling myself" kind of way like most people do. Every day I wake up and I do what I want. Normally, it's work all day, but I enjoy it. I take vacations when I want, I go out when I want, I WORK when I want. I don't make other people money, I make money for myself. I don't have to get up and adhere to someone else's schedule. If I wake up and don't want to work, I don't. It's funny, because most people will never experience this, so you may say "I don't mind getting up at 7am to be at Target at 9am", and that's OK with you...but it's not with me.

I once owned a store in my local mall, ran it for 5 years. It tanked. For the last year of it I supported that store SOLELY by reselling on ebay. I closed it down and have been reselling for a living for 4 years since. I make more money now after taxes than any of my friends, and most of them went to college and have careers. Hell, I even someone working for me, so I CREATED a job.

So anyone can say anything they want and sit on their high horses and talk about how we're just "middle men" or complain about the state the country is in, but the fact of the matter is that there's ALWAYS going to be resellers...whether it be Wal-Mart, Ebay or your local flea market. Yeah, you can tell me I am "part of the problem" or say something about how two wrongs don't make a right or whatever. If you don't like it, move to the Amish country.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Damn. Straight.
The fact of the matter is this. I ENJOY my life, I mean really truly enjoy my life. Not in a "fooling myself" kind of way like most people do. Every day I wake up and I do what I want. Normally, it's work all day, but I enjoy it. I take vacations when I want, I go out when I want, I WORK when I want. I don't make other people money, I make money for myself. I don't have to get up and adhere to someone else's schedule. If I wake up and don't want to work, I don't. It's funny, because most people will never experience this, so you may say "I don't mind getting up at 7am to be at Target at 9am", and that's OK with you...but it's not with me.
[/QUOTE]

Gotta say that's the best thing about flipping. Work when I want and not when someone else needs me to work.

Flippers no, El hoardo yes.

Some guy beats me to a clearance game/sale and takes 4 or 5 copies of a total of 10 copies, or 1 or 2 of a total of 3? That's fine since I didn't get there first he won. Guy takes all 10 copies or 3 copies to flip, while also being el hoardo, I would punch him/her in the face if I could do it legally without lawsuits or jail time.

As a gamer wanting games on the cheap, it angers me.

Edit: Also, I'm talking day one or 2 of the sale/clearance I don't expect to find shit after day 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Flippers no, El hoardo yes.

Some guy beats me to a clearance game/sale and takes 1 or 2 copies of a total of 10 copies, or 1 or 2 of a total of 3? That's fine since I didn't get there first he won. Guy takes all 10 copies or 3 copies to flip, while also being el hoardo, I would punch him/her in the face if I could do it legally without lawsuits or jail time.

As a gamer wanting games on the cheap, it angers me.[/QUOTE]

Who's selfishness is more "deserved"? The person who is selfish and wants the game or the person who is selfish and wants the profit?

When I miss out of sales and don't get "the deals" to resell, I get over over it, because there will always be more. It seems that the people that get pissed off at missing a deal need to really re-evaluate their priorities in life. Because seriously, if missing a game on clearance (that will be the same price in 2 months anyway) pisses you off enough to want to cause bodily harm to another human being then you have some serious anger issues. Maybe it's the stress of your "9 to 5" job. ;)

I want to pose a question. Out of everyone bitching and moaning about hoarders, who has actually SEEN a hoarder? What I mean is this...how many of you have been on your way to Target to pick up a clearance game only to see someone with all those games in their shopping cart "hoarding" them? I believe that maybe ONE person has on here, and anyone else is lying.

Personally what I think happens is every time a "deal" is posted and a person goes to a store and doesn't find them they immediately think it's hoarders. I've heard stories of "they were there a couple of days ago", but maybe they dropped the price and sold them all individually or Target donated them. I've also heard stories where someone will say an employee told them "one person bought them all", but if I could have a dime for every BS story I've been told by an employee than I'd be rich.

Now, to the ONE person who has actually saw a hoarder, did you walk up to that person and ask "do you mind if I take one of those games, I was on my way here to pick it up?" or do you immediately go "HOARDERS! TO THE CAG!!! TELL MY STORIESS!!!!" and leave angry at the "hoarder" without even bothering to see if maybe he/she wasn't an asshole?

I honestly believe a lot of the hatred for hoarders come from people reading these horror stories and thinking every hoarder is an evil self-centered jackoff that would push an old lady down stairs for 2.00 profit. If that's the case, you need to get off the internet and stop believing everything you read. In reality, people are a lot nicer and more human than you think.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Damn. Straight.

I once owned a store in my local mall, ran it for 5 years. It tanked. For the last year of it I supported that store SOLELY by reselling on ebay. I closed it down and have been reselling for a living for 4 years since. I make more money now after taxes than any of my friends, and most of them went to college and have careers. Hell, I even someone working for me, so I CREATED a job.

So anyone can say anything they want and sit on their high horses and talk about how we're just "middle men" or complain about the state the country is in, but the fact of the matter is that there's ALWAYS going to be resellers...whether it be Wal-Mart, Ebay or your local flea market. Yeah, you can tell me I am "part of the problem" or say something about how two wrongs don't make a right or whatever. If you don't like it, move to the Amish country.[/QUOTE]

That's great to hear that u are your own boss. 80% of the people in the US is in the rat race. Being a business owner is never easy, but could be rewarding, but also high risk. May I ask, what kind of business do u have? i would like to check it out and i love supporting small mom and pop stores.

Note: I know my idea isnt that great, but i understand what others are saying. It depends on the item. If a difficult game is hard to find and in high demand (Ps2,etc) then i think its fair to ask for the price of the current market value, but since this is CAG, I think it be fair to use the Market value and cut out about or less than a 1/3. That will help sell it faster and also helping a follow CAG out. Example: 7-11 Call of duty black ops YMMV is $10. The current market is $40-$60, then charge $30 or $35 + shipping+ $5 to CAG. U still making your money back and getting 3 times what u pay for, but greed will play a factor so this will probably not work. At least its better then trade in. Cash is king.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Who's selfishness is more "deserved"? The person who is selfish and wants the game or the person who is selfish and wants the profit?

When I miss out of sales and don't get "the deals" to resell, I get over over it, because there will always be more. It seems that the people that get pissed off at missing a deal need to really re-evaluate their priorities in life. Because seriously, if missing a game on clearance (that will be the same price in 2 months anyway) pisses you off enough to want to cause bodily harm to another human being then you have some serious anger issues. Maybe it's the stress of your "9 to 5" job. ;)

I want to pose a question. Out of everyone bitching and moaning about hoarders, who has actually SEEN a hoarder? What I mean is this...how many of you have been on your way to Target to pick up a clearance game only to see someone with all those games in their shopping cart "hoarding" them? I believe that maybe ONE person has on here, and anyone else is lying.

Personally what I think happens is every time a "deal" is posted and a person goes to a store and doesn't find them they immediately think it's hoarders. I've heard stories of "they were there a couple of days ago", but maybe they dropped the price and sold them all individually or Target donated them. I've also heard stories where someone will say an employee told them "one person bought them all", but if I could have a dime for every BS story I've been told by an employee than I'd be rich.

Now, to the ONE person who has actually saw a hoarder, did you walk up to that person and ask "do you mind if I take one of those games, I was on my way here to pick it up?" or do you immediately go "HOARDERS! TO THE CAG!!! TELL MY STORIESS!!!!" and leave angry at the "hoarder" without even bothering to see if maybe he/she wasn't an asshole?

I honestly believe a lot of the hatred for hoarders come from people reading these horror stories and thinking every hoarder is an evil self-centered jackoff that would push an old lady down stairs for 2.00 profit. If that's the case, you need to get off the internet and stop believing everything you read. In reality, people are a lot nicer and more human than you think.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, dont understand with all this hate. If someone miss on a deal,then there will be another deal later on. Wish the world is a better place, but seems like its getting worse and never better.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Who's selfishness is more "deserved"? The person who is selfish and wants the game or the person who is selfish and wants the profit?

When I miss out of sales and don't get "the deals" to resell, I get over over it, because there will always be more. It seems that the people that get pissed off at missing a deal need to really re-evaluate their priorities in life. Because seriously, if missing a game on clearance (that will be the same price in 2 months anyway) pisses you off enough to want to cause bodily harm to another human being then you have some serious anger issues. Maybe it's the stress of your "9 to 5" job. ;)[/QUOTE]

Bodily harm heals, I didn't say I'd beat them to death or "wail" on them.

Wanting a game is selfish now? Like I said in my other post, if somebody beats me to a game and buys a few copies to flip I don't care as long as they leave 1 or 2 copies for others. (or if theres only 1 game and a flipper takes it) But taking all of them day 1 of a sale? Douchebag move.

See, that's where somebody wanting the game and somebody selling the game are different. I want Game X for play, you want it for resell, cool, fine, whatever. I miss the deal due to El Hoardo(NOT FLIPPER[lol]) so I can no longer have Game X. Game Y goes on sale, El hoardo strikes again, but I don't give a shit because that game sucked.

Gamer eyes: Game X for cheap = :), Game Y for cheap = :roll:
Flipper or El Hoardo eyes: Game X for cheap = $, Game Y for cheap = $. No difference.

I'm not talking clearance/sale of a $59.99 game for $39.99 or $29.99 due to a sale/clearance/price mistake. I'm talking $29.99 or more for like $5 or $10 and it won't hit that price point ever again, or it won't for at least a year or 2. Or a rare game that sells on ebay for well over MSRP(like $70) of say $39.99, and a store is selling some copies for $34.99 or $39.99 to get rid of stock. Once in a year or 2 price.
Edit: Or over produced CE's finishing off at around 1/2 MSRP price.[Edit: obviously the price on ebay wouldn't be so high unless the game in question was OOP or extremely hard to find]

I'll admit most of my El Hoardo fear comes from online horror stories, but I've seen it once in real life.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Edit: Also, I'm talking day one or 2 of the sale/clearance I don't expect to find shit after day 2.[/QUOTE]
But see, most of the people getting pissy about 'El Hoardo' or flippers taking the deal(s) seem to come into the store on Saturday night at 8:50pm(stores usually close 9-9:30, 10pm for some) and expect there to magically be one copy of the 'game they want to buy to PLAY' left for them.

If there's no copies left, then they automatically blame some invisible boogeyman for 'hoarding' everything. Yet for all they know there could have been only 1-2 copies of X game left in stock at that location at the beginning of the sale(Sunday usually) and people came in bright and early on Sunday morning to grab them to play.

But it's easier for people to just find a scapegoat to blame and El Hoardo/flippers seem to be the fall guy du jour around CAG.:roll:

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']

I'm not talking clearance/sale of a $59.99 game for $39.99 or $29.99 due to a sale/clearance/price mistake. I'm talking $29.99 or more for like $5 or $10 and it won't hit that price point ever again, or it won't for at least a year or 2. Or a rare game that sells on ebay for well over MSRP(like $70) of say $39.99, and a store is selling some copies for $34.99 or $39.99 to get rid of stock. Once in a year or 2 price.
Edit: Or over produced CE's finishing off at around 1/2 MSRP price.[Edit: obviously the price on ebay wouldn't be so high unless the game in question was OOP or extremely hard to find[/QUOTE]

You do know there is little, if any money to be had on games that are sold for $35-$40 in store on clearance, right? After eBay fees, you're making $2 at most. I doubt it's el hoardo going out and grabbing those games. Ever think it might be actual consumers? It's ridiculous to assume el hoardo raided your stores without proof. Chances are, you don't have an el hoardo in your area. If every CAG had an el hoardo in their area, then we would have close to 1k+ resellers selling the same game on eBay every time a game gets clearanced or goes on sale and not the 150-200 that are usually selling them now.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']
I'll admit most of my El Hoardo fear comes from online horror stories, but I've seen it once in real life.[/QUOTE]

Did you try politely asking them if you could have one of the copies? Honestly, I have no qualms admitting I'll clean out an item to sell on eBay, but if I'm buying 5 of something and someone looks at a copy that's sitting on the counter, I'll usually tell them to go ahead and grab it if they want it.

More deals will come my way on which I can make money, I can go home with one less copy.

I don't mind flipping, hell I do it sometimes. Probably everyone here has flipped a game at least once. Hoarders on the other hand, are just ridiculous.

I usually get games I could make a profit off of (even if I don't have the system/use for the game) at a yard sale because I never see games, I don't want the flea market dick to get them, and I'm 15, therefore don't really have much opportunity to get a job. So I do what I can do.

[quote name='Cmosfm']I want to pose a question. Out of everyone bitching and moaning about hoarders, who has actually SEEN a hoarder? What I mean is this...how many of you have been on your way to Target to pick up a clearance game only to see someone with all those games in their shopping cart "hoarding" them? I believe that maybe ONE person has on here, and anyone else is lying.[/QUOTE]

I share the skepticism about hoarders. I have never seen anyone buy everything off the rack (where as I have bought all of the Microsoft Points cards at a Blockbuster because of the current clearance... ;) Not to sell though. I actually use my points.) And I personally have never had an employee tell me someone came in and swept up all of the games or something crazy like that.

There's certainly the CAGs that automatically assume a hoarder or even a flipper bought everything or the last of everything at a store, which I find silly. Because clearly there's nobody else out there trying to buy the same games you're looking for, right? And I'm talking about normal consumers like ourselves, or even the regular Joe who only reads the Sunday inserts for deals. They're somehow not part of this equation of disappearing stock?

There used to be a time where my dad had to go to store to store and call stores up to find me a hot game like Donkey Kong Country 3 or a brand new GameBoy Advance or Pokemon cards. It wasn't because of hoarders, flippers, or scalpers (really what you should be calling the hoarders since they are buying low and selling high to a particular market, also known as a arbitrageur for the financial people out there, and I believe this was what they were called before the Internet :lol: ), it was because demand was just high.

I really didn't care at all until I saw some El Hoardos in action once and then it bothered me.

It was at a Best Buy sale where a bunch of games were on sale for $10. I went early when the store was opening so I could get the game I was looking for since I knew they would sell out pretty quickly. There were these two guys desperately looking through the gates and pulling on them and asking the employees how much longer 'til they open. When the doors finally opened the two guys ran as fast as they could through the stores as several employees yelled at them to stop running. They grabbed every single copy of every single sale game right down to the Wall-E's and all.

I missed out on the game so I just left to go over to Target to browse around for a bit when the two El Hoardos came in with a printed list of the games on sale at Best Buy and asked for a price match on all of them. It didn't work out for them and they left. I decided to head over to Gamestop a few blocks down since they were having a B2G1 sale and sure enough I saw the same two guys there trading in all their Best Buy games there.

GS didn't refuse to take multiples? I was at GS a couple of months ago and saw someone try to trade in a 2nd copy of a game that they had traded in last week and the store refused to accept it. I thought they were very strict about that.

Like dobedobedo, the only time I've ever seen "el hoardo" other than myself was at the Best Buy sale. Maybe it was more publicised than most of the sales we go to, but there were a bunch of people there in the morning who were undercutting each other on craigslist for very small profits by the afternoon.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']GS didn't refuse to take multiples? I was at GS a couple of months ago and saw someone try to trade in a 2nd copy of a game that they had traded in last week and the store refused to accept it. I thought they were very strict about that.[/QUOTE]

That specific area has 3 Gamestops. There's 2 in the mall and another one right around the corner so I assume they visited all 3 of them. I didn't stick around to see their full trade in but it's possible they didn't get away with it at at least one of those stores.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']GS didn't refuse to take multiples? I was at GS a couple of months ago and saw someone try to trade in a 2nd copy of a game that they had traded in last week and the store refused to accept it. I thought they were very strict about that.[/QUOTE]
My closest GS didn't refuse multiples from me, so long as I showed a receipt showing where I got em from. All was fine n well till I tried flipping 50 HDMI cables to them within a week or two though. Some bastard musta looked up my trading history n saw 5 HDMI cables on multiple days at the closest store n reported it to a higher up.:cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']My closest GS didn't refuse multiples from me, so long as I showed a receipt showing where I got em from. All was fine n well till I tried flipping 50 HDMI cables to them within a week or two though. Some bastard musta looked up my trading history n saw 5 HDMI cables on multiple days at the closest store n reported it to a higher up.:cry:[/QUOTE]

So that's how you killed the goose that lays the golden eggs XD

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']My closest GS didn't refuse multiples from me, so long as I showed a receipt showing where I got em from. All was fine n well till I tried flipping 50 HDMI cables to them within a week or two though. Some bastard musta looked up my trading history n saw 5 HDMI cables on multiple days at the closest store n reported it to a higher up.:cry:[/QUOTE]

50 HDMI cables?!? :hot::lol: Man, attempting that takes quite a pair. :applause:

How many max were you attempting to trade in at once? Hopefully, no more than 2 at any given time.

[quote name='karkyco']50 HDMI cables?!? :hot::lol: Man, attempting that takes quite a pair. :applause:

How many max were you attempting to trade in at once? Hopefully, no more than 2 at any given time.[/QUOTE]
I was trading in FIVE per trip to my closest GS supposedly with the permission of the manager, but when I tried that at a further off GS that's the home office store of their DM they yelled at me for wanting to trade more than two.

So I have a feeling one of those fuckwads reported me n they looked over my trading history and then reported my ass to corporate for multiples of multiples.

So to 'get even' I came in one day and made like 5-10 pre-orders, then came back later when one of the dicks who gave me a hassle bout the HDMI cables was working and I cancelled ALL OF THEM with him.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I was trading in FIVE per trip to my closest GS supposedly with the permission of the manager, but when I tried that at a further off GS that's the home office store of their DM they yelled at me for wanting to trade more than two.

So I have a feeling one of those fuckwads reported me n they looked over my trading history and then reported my ass to corporate for multiples of multiples.

So to 'get even' I came in one day and made like 5-10 pre-orders, then came back later when one of the dicks who gave me a hassle bout the HDMI cables was working and I cancelled ALL OF THEM with him.;)[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA SNAP! But is it the employee who has to cancel the pre-orders the one that gets "dinged" on their metrics, or the employee who placed the pre-orders, in that situation? I just hope it was one of the dicks that gets the bad metrics...

[quote name='karkyco']HAHAHA SNAP! But is it the employee who has to cancel the pre-orders the one that gets "dinged" on their metrics, or the employee who placed the pre-orders, in that situation? I just hope it was one of the dicks that gets the bad metrics...[/QUOTE]
It's the employee that has to do the pre-order cancellations that gets the hit.;) When the manager at the closest store suddenly started becoming a dick right around when they told me I was banned, I had no problem cancelling my 3-4 pre-orders I'd made with other employees with him.

Although I guess maybe he got yelled at for doing multiples of multiples so maybe that's why he was pissy towards me. Either way I still chuckle that it's a corporate level ban. I guess GS doesn't like people who make a lot more credit on shit that they spent next to nothing on.:lol:

I hate em. But sometimes... It just seems like such an easy way to make a buck. When you see a copy of Zedla or FF or something sitting there for $1. You know you can get at least $10 out of it!

But I would never pay out a bunch of money for a lot in hopes of a huge return or anything. This kind of hoarders will certainly burn in hell, if there is one.

[quote name='warmsignal']
But I would never pay out a bunch of money for a lot in hopes of a huge return or anything. This kind of hoarders will certainly burn in hell, if there is one.[/QUOTE]

I don't remember that commandment.

Cheapeast did you pick up those 50 HDMI cables from monoprice? lol

On top of this I remember flipping to FYE a couple of years back it was some random racing zoom room or something on xbox. The girl working checked the tiv on their system and was like uh...we don't take this one (this was because of the high tiv of course). I took it my a few wks later different cashier and got the credit!

I encountered my first flippers today at Goodwill. They were sitting in front of the CD/DVD case with a scanner scanning every single item. They left no room for anybody else to even look. I hate people like that and didn't think I'd actually encounter them in the wild.

^I saw one of those a few months ago. The guy was scanning books and then recently, I saw an older couple scanning the CDs with one of those portable scanners.

Like most in here I don't mind flippers at all, hell I have flipped games here and there for a decent profit but hoarders, ugh. Although I have found a few hoarders' stashes and moved a single game from it each time I was there haha.

I don't hate them, but after doing some flipping myself I don't want to buy from one. I've been looking for a bike and all the ads are from the same few people. Knowing that stuff can be had cheap I don't want to buy something from someone who got a better deal than me lol. Stubbornness, but I'm ok with that.

Oh right, you mean flippers: meaning buying up quantities of something and then reselling them at a price to make some $ or trade in credit in between.

If you hate them, why don't you hate Target, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Gamestop(especially Gamestop - have you seen their TIV's lately?). Essentially that is what all these places do - except they have a license to sell and their corporate profit $ go into the pockets of the already rich.

Seriously, I am an in between flipper. I buy games on good deals, play through them and then attempt to sell them for a profit. For example, I am playing Bulletstorm right now. Paid $17.50 and have 11 more days to get it to Dealtree for a $30 BB GC.

I flip just enough to pay for my gaming habit, but I don't hate anyone who puts in the effort to make it a full time job. It's easy to drop hours (precious gaming time mind you) looking for deals that make it worth while, and it can be exhausting. Typically, if a deal is "that good", it would be gone quickly anyways - even if everyone was buying one per customer.

You know, typically buying from a "flipper" sometimes means your still getting a better deal than retail. Just another middleman.

[quote name='CaoPi']Cheapeast did you pick up those 50 HDMI cables from monoprice? lol

On top of this I remember flipping to FYE a couple of years back it was some random racing zoom room or something on xbox. The girl working checked the tiv on their system and was like uh...we don't take this one (this was because of the high tiv of course). I took it my a few wks later different cashier and got the credit![/QUOTE]
No. I bought them from a seller on eBay who used to sell boxes of 50 HDMI cables for around $50 shipped.;)

As for trading to FYE, I wish all of their stores around here still took all games. They only take the really popular ones at my closest store anymore.

But like you I traded in copies of a game that was stupid cheap at Gamestop(Powerdrome Racing for PS2) and got an insane amount for each one.

most people who say they hate flippers cause they know for a fact they are just pissed cause they arenot the ones flipping

if you walked into best buy (or another store) and saw a brand new game marked at 1 penny your telling me you wouldnt grab all 50 copies

if you say no i call that an outright lie

i love making little ds forts for my kitten to play in...... "_ lol

[quote name='slidecage']most people who say they hate flippers cause they know for a fact they are just pissed cause they arenot the ones flipping

if you walked into best buy (or another store) and saw a brand new game marked at 1 penny your telling me you wouldnt grab all 50 copies

if you say no i call that an outright lie

i love making little ds forts for my kitten to play in...... "_ lol[/QUOTE]
:lol::applause: I never did make a guide throne when I had 700+ guides at one point. I should have though...and snapped a pic of that to use as my avatar on here.:booty:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol::applause: I never did make a guide throne when I had 700+ guides at one point. I should have though...and snapped a pic of that to use as my avatar on here.:booty:[/QUOTE]

got to be very careful with guides.. i had some rare guides a few years back.. put them in a plastic box and in my basement.. went down a few years later and all of them were ruined and wet for some reason (nothing else was wet) pissed me off big time. lol

tried it with my psp games but for some reason the cat like the ds boxes more

[quote name='slidecage']got to be very careful with guides.. i had some rare guides a few years back.. put them in a plastic box and in my basement.. went down a few years later and all of them were ruined and wet for some reason (nothing else was wet) pissed me off big time. lol

tried it with my psp games but for some reason the cat like the ds boxes more[/QUOTE]
Only thing I'm mad about is that I traded away a couple copies of the Uncharted guide and a few of the Half Life 2: Raising The Bar hardcover books, which are now both worth something.:whistle2:#

Mind ya, I did just sell the last copy of that HL2 book on AMZ to someone for $110.:lol::applause:

[quote name='slidecage']got to be very careful with guides.. i had some rare guides a few years back.. put them in a plastic box and in my basement.. went down a few years later and all of them were ruined and wet for some reason (nothing else was wet) pissed me off big time. lol

tried it with my psp games but for some reason the cat like the ds boxes more[/QUOTE]

My garage had some rats in there, they ate some of my cardboarded boxes, nothing happened to the games though. Rats chew through anything!

[quote name='CaoPi']Cheapeast did you pick up those 50 HDMI cables from monoprice? lol

On top of this I remember flipping to FYE a couple of years back it was some random racing zoom room or something on xbox. The girl working checked the tiv on their system and was like uh...we don't take this one (this was because of the high tiv of course). I took it my a few wks later different cashier and got the credit![/QUOTE]

I miss those days, it was awesome to walk into EB in the mall, buy Room Zoom for $4.99 and then go right over to FYE and get $27 credit. Same thing with Motor Trend Lotus Challenge for $2.99 at EB and Malice for $4.99 at EB. I remember buying Malice for $4.99 and getting $21 cash at FYE (instead of the $27) a few minutes later.

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']I encountered my first flippers today at Goodwill. They were sitting in front of the CD/DVD case with a scanner scanning every single item. They left no room for anybody else to even look. I hate people like that and didn't think I'd actually encounter them in the wild.[/QUOTE]Just really loudly go "EXCUSE ME" and push yourself in. It works when someone's blocking a shelf.

The one that was good to me was Kmart. I would go into Kmart, buy games and then like 2 min away was a gamestop they were in the same plaza then I would rip the shrinkwrap off the games and trade them in for store credit.

bread's done
Back