Do you hate your Boss or co-workers? Vent here!

MadFlava

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Feeling a little frustrated because working for the government is a drag. I feel like everyone in a high level manager position here are totally not qualified. Take my boss for instance, she was only hired because she's so awful that she's not a threat to her boss. Of course all of us that have to work for her and the ones that are punished. How can someone lead a team of programmers and doesn't know how to program even a lick of code herself. She can't even create a simple html page and in the 5+ years she's been here has made no effort to learn. What is worst is that she totally micro-manages everything. It's so freaking tedious, because she doesn't trust any us to get the work done right. She has socially challenged, once she brought her newborn into the office and started breast feeding him during a meeting with two of my co-workers and a collaborator we were working with. And she also dropped her pants in front of my team lead once to show her a mole she paranoid about. I feel sometimes I'm in a freaking sitcom or something. She has gotten so bad trying to fit in with the rest of us that we have nicknamed her "Meg" because she acts like the character from Family guy. Anyway, her antics and backstabbing has driven two of my closests friends at work to quit. One of them didn't even have a job lined up and is still unemployed. He would rather be jobless than work another day with my boss.

[quote name='michaema']So what you are saying is you guys are hiring...[/quote]

Yeah, but I would never put another CAG through what I have to go through here.

One of my boyfriend's coworkers is completely useless and doesn't do her job. Thus when her cases get handed off to people- usually my boyfriend, they get yelled at by the judge because what should have been done weeks or months ago has not yet been done. Fortunately everyone, even the judges, seems to realize that it is the fault of this one lady (who took three years after graduating law school to get a job, BTW) and they don't take it out on my boyfriend or anyone else. Because of this she will likely never be promoted. The only reason why she still has a job is because it's Guam.

I've already vented enough about my own "coworker" problems in the OTT.

Given DoK's avatar, I'd make a Phoenix Wright joke or reference here, but I can't think of one at this point.

[quote name='MadFlava']Feeling a little frustrated because working for the government is a drag. I feel like everyone in a high level manager position here are totally not qualified. Take my boss for instance, she was only hired because she's so awful that she's not a threat to her boss. Of course all of us that have to work for her and the ones that are punished. How can someone lead a team of programmers and doesn't know how to program even a lick of code herself. She can't even create a simple html page and in the 5+ years she's been here has made no effort to learn. What is worst is that she totally micro-manages everything. It's so freaking tedious, because she doesn't trust any us to get the work done right. She has socially challenged, once she brought her newborn into the office and started breast feeding him during a meeting with two of my co-workers and a collaborator we were working with. And she also dropped her pants in front of my team lead once to show her a mole she paranoid about. I feel sometimes I'm in a freaking sitcom or something. She has gotten so bad trying to fit in with the rest of us that we have nicknamed her "Meg" because she acts like the character from Family guy. Anyway, her antics and backstabbing has driven two of my closests friends at work to quit. One of them didn't even have a job lined up and is still unemployed. He would rather be jobless than work another day with my boss.[/quote]

My condolensces. I work for the government too. At the moment I dont have much to complain about though. Good people here, I'm getting paid decent, and I have a corner cubicle area with a big window (so I get to watch squirrels jump around all day). Of course things arent perfect and could be better but for right now things arent too bad. Just out of curiousity, are you state or federal?

[quote name='Maklershed']My condolensces. I work for the government too. At the moment I dont have much to complain about though. Good people here, I'm getting paid decent, and I have a corner cubicle area with a big window (so I get to watch squirrels jump around all day). Of course things arent perfect and could be better but for right now things arent too bad. Just out of curiousity, are you state or federal?[/quote]
Hey that pretty much describes my job, except I didn't get a corner cubilce or a window. :cry:

i just got a new boss so i'm waiting to see how she works out

so far so good

most of the people who work for me are cool peeps and laid back, luckily

I have one boss I kinda dislike, but she makes me actually work. My job is pretty easy though, and most of my managers let us slack off more than usual.

[quote name='Maklershed']My condolensces. I work for the government too. At the moment I dont have much to complain about though. Good people here, I'm getting paid decent, and I have a corner cubicle area with a big window (so I get to watch squirrels jump around all day). Of course things arent perfect and could be better but for right now things arent too bad. Just out of curiousity, are you state or federal?[/quote]

federal job, your lucky you have a great office. We were suppose to have a nice office with a huge ass window that we all could share. But when our director was promoted he changed the office layout to give himself and my boss bigger offices in front of our windows. So now there offices have big windows and we have no longer have sunlight any more.

[quote name='MadFlava']federal job, your lucky you have a great office. We were suppose to have a nice office with a huge ass window that we all could share. But when our director was promoted he changed the office layout to give himself and my boss bigger offices in front of our windows. So now there offices have big windows and we have no longer have sunlight any more.[/QUOTE]

You think your government job office is bad? Check out my boyfriend's:
n12430140_33339885_6110.jpg

Yes, it's for real.

Only on Guam.

And yes, that's my boyfriend, but the picture quality sucks so you can't really make out his face. ;)

[quote name='Dead of Knight']You think your government job office is bad? Check out my boyfriend's:
bfpep.jpg

Yes, it's for real.

Only on Guam.

And yes, that's my boyfriend, but the picture quality sucks so you can't really make out his face. ;)[/QUOTE]

hawt

does he have a sister?

my pants just got tighter!

bread's done
Back