Do you identify yourself as a CAG in public?

drsuper23

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
I was wondering this when I was on my way to and EB store earlier today. I wonder if I identified myself as a CAG to the employee there at the store in hopes that I would get a break or something. Have any of you out there gotten a discount after telling someone else that you're a CAG? Or do you keep it under wraps to make sure you don't look like an idiot?

Chances are, nobody would know what the Hell we're talking about.

At that $5 Circuit City sale, I saw two fat kids with print-outs from the CAG forums. I didn't say anything to them as the chances of me enjoying their presence were slim, as I hate most of the people here. ;)

So I hid against the back passenger-side tire of their car and murdered them when they left the store.

Marking a thread as an OTT when there's already an OTT in progress is a great way to get it locked. I edited the OP to remove the OTT from it.

[quote name='Brak']Chances are, nobody would know what the Hell we're talking about.

At that $5 Circuit City sale, I saw two fat kids with print-outs from the CAG forums. I didn't say anything to them as the chances of me enjoying their presence were slim, as I hate most of the people here. ;)

So I hid against the back passenger-side tire of their car and murdered them when they left the store.[/QUOTE]

so thats where denisdfat went :( ....now how will we know what sucks nemore?!!

What does OTT stand for? I dont think there are much CAGers here in San Diego, except maybe for a few.

I tell my friends about this site, Just so they can get go deals, Or if I am at a gamestore and someone is about to pay way to much for a shitty game. I will tell them about a sale eb is having online only or about this site. If someone is about to pay 49.99 for "Sphyon Filter Omega strain" I would go to hell for not telling them about this site.

I don't just walk around and go Cheapassgamer.com cause I think to many people will just use this site as a reselling tool. There is alot of people here already who do that. I would acutally like to here cheapy's opinion I mean clicked links keep this site up and running along with ads. Word of mouth is the best advertising any company could buy they love it and hate it if they suck.

I tell my friends about it aswell but that's about it, most of my friends hate ordering online, so the site's useless to them, thier loss...

[quote name='Brak']Chances are, nobody would know what the Hell we're talking about.

So I hid against the back passenger-side tire of their car and murdered them when they left the store.[/QUOTE]

That made me laugh. And you're going to hell.

I usually would spot you guys pretty easily during my days at EB. I hated having to tell you that ____ was our last copy, cause I know how you guys love getting the gutted one. Just seeing the look of disappointment on your face broke my heart ;)

drsuper, I wouldn't tell them your a CAG if your looking for a discount, cause you won't get one. Maybe they will let you have a peak at the price changes report, but that's about it.

Hell no.

Imagine a very attractive girl like myself, admitting I hang out with losers like all of you.

It's bad enough when I go to clearance things, and have to mingle with fat bums who smell like nachos. They're probably all like you.

:whistle2:\":whistle2:\" *cough* :whistle2:\":whistle2:\"

[quote name='kittie']Hell no.

Imagine a very attractive girl like myself, admitting I hang out with losers like all of you.

It's bad enough when I go to clearance things, and have to mingle with fat bums who smell like nachos. They're probably all like you.[/QUOTE]

I can always tell the CAGs when I'm at the store... the way they browse the games like they're looking for buried treasure, it's a sure giveaway. I usually give the head nod and a knowing smirk.

[quote name='Jaket']your welcome...

you know better than that kayden[/QUOTE]

tee hee... Happens to the best of us, I'm eating left over Famous Dave's, the BBQ goodness voided my memory. :lol:

It's bad enough when I go to clearance things, and have to mingle with fat bums who smell like nachos. They're probably all like you.[/QUOTE]

I've been wondering if this is a secondary account just to cheat at all the flash games. Being the reason that she only gets first on the ones that you can pause and take snapshots of.

This kinda confirms it in my eyes.

Most of the regulars arent like what you've just mentioned... maybe some newbs.

I thought it had pretty much been agreed that the first rule of CAG is that you don't talk about CAG in public. Running your mouth off in-store is a good way to make store management aware of particularly good deals (that they may decide to end shortly thereafter).

We love you too.:D BTW, I'm not fat and I do NOT smell like nachos. I have more of a Hot Pockets aroma about me.:lol:

Yes, I rip my shirt off and CAG is painted on my chest. Its hot

And kittie, is that REALLY you? Or is Kayden just being, well, Kayden?

the people at one of hte EBs here know about CAG and they really really hate the people who hang out on CAG...especially cuz of the last trade-in deal where people kept flipping games. like there's be a few games there that are under $9.99 that are PO and people would be rebuying and trading them on on the same day over and over again (they identified themselves CAGs).

and no, i don't identify myself as a CAG in public. i usually don't even say i like video games because people tend to look at me like i'm an alien or something when i do.

[quote name='gizmogc']Yes, I rip my shirt off and CAG is painted on my chest. Its hot

And kittie, is that REALLY you? Or is Kayden just being, well, Kayden?[/QUOTE]

Dood... you did not just implicate me in being Lina.... fuck that... fuck you and fuck her!

I may be the only one who owns two CAG t-shirts and proudly wears them into gamestores. I don't ask for deals but I have noticed the employees eyeing me as I browse.

I did a trade with CaseyRyback a while back, and we met up at the local Best Buy to do the exchange. We didn't identify ourselves, persay, but we had to know who we were and all. "I'll be wearing this and this and this and I'll be in the anime aisle."

There are 33 thousands registered CAG from checking on the fourm main page. What is the chance that someone in the street will be one of those 33 thousand CAG? Probably very small. I wouldn't go around and identify myself as CAG unless conversation lead into that direction.

I guess that I got my answere from you all. Thank you very much and now I must return to wearing my mask. You all make very good points for not doing it. Thanks.

Don't you think the store employee would be less likely to give you a deal when he realises you are to cheap to spend $50 on a game and an extra $5 on a warranty program?

Seriously they are fucking store employees at least half of them seem to hate video games.

[quote name='daphatty']I may be the only one who owns two CAG t-shirts and proudly wears them into gamestores. I don't ask for deals but I have noticed the employees eyeing me as I browse.[/QUOTE]

There's actually CAG t-shirts?

And there's people who actually wear them?

And there's people who actually wear them in public?

I'm afraid I need to give you a good beatdown, sir.

[quote name='daphatty']I may be the only one who owns two CAG t-shirts and proudly wears them into gamestores. I don't ask for deals but I have noticed the employees eyeing me as I browse.[/QUOTE]

I would be as well, had I taken the free one Cheapy offered me when I became a mod (I got my first from Defender when I won the VGD contest).

[quote name='kittie']There's actually CAG t-shirts?

I'm afraid I need to give you a good beatdown, sir.[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Yes; I'm one of them.

Yes, I wear mine all the time. School, gamestores, tourneys, everywhere.

He'd probably like that, jst make sure his wife isn't around :lol:

[quote name='kittie']
Imagine a very ugly man who likes anal sex like myself, admitting I hang out with other losers like some of you.
[/QUOTE]
Corrected.

[quote name='zionoverfire']Don't you think the store employee would be less likely to give you a deal when he realises you are to cheap to spend $50 on a game and an extra $5 on a warranty program?

Seriously they are fucking store employees at least half of them seem to hate video games.[/QUOTE]
We should have a new shirt that says "No, I don't want to buy your warranty plan." in big letters. They'd sell like hotcakes!

[quote name='Quackzilla']Corrected.[/QUOTE]

:applause: I feel sorry for anyone who believes that shit... not just anymore, but anyone who ever did from day uno.

By the by, you guys get a free T-shirt for being a mod??? I feel I was denied some need-to-know information!

I don't know how I would identify as a CAG in public. Just go up to people and say, "Hi I'm a dork." ?
In stores they will just think you're a devil customer or not know what you're talking about.
In social situations I try to look cool so that doesn't really help.

...which reminds me... when I go into Best Buy I do make a point of announcing to the store that I am indeed "A Devil Customer" I usually do this when one of those stupidfucks at the door greets me and tries to peddle some BB crap on me before I even get a chance to take a look at what I want to. Then I announce it again as I'm browsing for cheap games, or whatever else. Finally, as I'm leaving the store I praise Lucifer for letting me push BB that much closer to bankruptcy, because we all know those Devil customers are going to kill their profit margin.

A geek has computer skill and uses it.

A nerd is obsessed with trivial things, like knowing everything about Star Trek or video games.

A dork is a pathetic failure at life.

Knowing is half the battle.

I lie and tell people I invented it, due to my uncanny resemblence to CheapyD, frankly I would love to get a shirt that had a cool Cheapassgamer logo on the front and a "Keep your shaq-fuing warranty program and shove it" on the back and wear it with mad pride.

Your probably just jealous you don't have one. Actually I don't own any gaming shirts, but if other people do who cares it's not like you have to wear them.

bread's done
Back