Do you own a PS multitap?

Where is the both option? You can only use PS1 taps with PS1 games; same with PS2.

I got a PS1 Multitap when I got a package PSOne deal off of eBay years ago. I dont think Ive ever used it.

And then I got a PS2 one about 2 years ago. It actually got to use it a lot this past weekend.

Bad design, but you can get a 3rd party one for under $20 shipped.

I have a ps1 one, i got it for 3 bucks at some cheap messed up store. Yeah, to make a ong story short, used it once, didnt work, traded it in, got 50 cents for it. What a waste of 2.50 I could have bought a sandwich

I've mentioned this in another post, but there is a cool product out for the PS2 that is a 5-player multi-tap and more. It is made by Game-Elements and the product name is ICC2. It features:

1. Expands PS2 to 5 contollers & memory card slots
2. Connect 4 game systems including PS2 via composite or s-video.
3. Includes remote control to switch inputs and operate PS2 DVD. All PS2 DVD functions built in.
4. Program controller to operate TV, VCR, cable and sat receiver box.
5. Slide out tray to store up to 12 PS2 games.

This thing is awesome if you have fewer than 5 systems to hook up. The regular price at Best Buy is $59.99, but I picked one up last week for $29.99 and used my GGC to bring it down to $24.99.

If you're in the market for a switch box for 4 systems, this is the only device to own.

I happened to work for Sony Test just before the PS2 was released. I remember when Phil Harrison came down and we got to ask him questions regarding the PS2. (This occured just after the first official photographs of the system were released.) When we asked Phil why the PS2 would not have 4 controller ports, he said that (at the time) it would be cost prohibitive to include 2 more ports since the target sale price was $300.

We did protest this decision and, to some extent, he agreed but by that time it was too late. If only they would have consulted us gamers, right? :lol:

Hope this sheds some light...

Not to me, I rarely play games with more than one other person. And I couldn't be bothered to break out and connect an extra piece of hardware if I did.

The controller ports is a definite deisgn oversight by Sony. I refuse to spend more than 10 dollars for something the console should have had out of the box.

Sony could have at least made the Multitap have a cord longer than two inches so it could also double as a controller extender.

I'm sure Sony won't be caught with their pants down again, and the PS3 will have four controller ports. Hopefully, PS1 and PS2 multiplayer games will be backwards compatible as well.

Oh, one other thing I forgot to mention. Mr. Harrison also believed that people don't play multiplayer (3 or more) games often enough to justify adding the extra ports.

He's probably right but why not help break the mold? I'd be more apt to buy a multiplayer game if all I needed was the game itself and MAYBE an extra controller or two (which cost less than the multitap).

If you build it, they WILL come...

Well, I'm a 1st party freak, and I still have yet to find one less than $25. It's pissing me off because I have an extra 2 controllers waiting to be used, and plus the 1st party DVD remote requires it's own controller port. Sony really messed up this time...

High hopes for the PS3

I have one, even 1st party. does it get used a lot you ask? No, not enough to justify the cost, but I like having it around when I have a few people over and I have a few games that it works with. Never had one for PS1, but I always wanted one. 95% of my games have some facet of multi-player ability so its a must-have for me, I just wish I could use it more, but all my friends either hate gaming or are too lazy, and I even offer free beer a lot... I must suck to be around eh?

[quote name='jdpimp']I have one, even 1st party. does it get used a lot you ask? No, not enough to justify the cost, but I like having it around when I have a few people over and I have a few games that it works with. Never had one for PS1, but I always wanted one. 95% of my games have some facet of multi-player ability so its a must-have for me, I just wish I could use it more, but all my friends either hate gaming or are too lazy, and I even offer free beer a lot... I must suck to be around eh?[/quote]

Hmm. Free beer and multiplayer gaming? Where do you live?

After reading this post, I went to my local internet and bought one for $15, 1st party, brand new and sealed. A nice little place I like to call EBAY! $19 shipped is a good deal, so I had to indulge.

I have both a PSX and PS2 multitap. Bought a PSX multitap for ten dollars once, and I bought a PS2 Multitap from some kid's mother, who got a few free at E3, for four dollars. Whatever the price, it's worth the fun I had playing NBA 2k2. What a great game.

I have a third party multitap that switches from PS1 and PS2 modes (not so well.. sometimes have to restart PS2 to get it to flip into PS2 mode. But I also have the new PS2 with the built-in IR panel for the remote. Haven't used the thing as a DVD player yet, though.

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='jdpimp']I have one, even 1st party. does it get used a lot you ask? No, not enough to justify the cost, but I like having it around when I have a few people over and I have a few games that it works with. Never had one for PS1, but I always wanted one. 95% of my games have some facet of multi-player ability so its a must-have for me, I just wish I could use it more, but all my friends either hate gaming or are too lazy, and I even offer free beer a lot... I must suck to be around eh?[/quote]

Hmm. Free beer and multiplayer gaming? Where do you live?[/quote]

in the wonderful midwest, missouri, just north of st. Louis. I'd be willing to have a cheapassgamer party, I have two 25" tvs in my basement, and even a full size skee-ball, who's in?

bread's done
Back