Do you own any PS1 longbox games?

Here are my dust collectors:

Mortal Kombat 3
NBA Live 96
Resident Evil
Wrestlemania Arcade

Only longbox game I have left is Jumping Flash (btw bookishboy, what you have is impossible as JF2 was jewel case only). Any of my other ones like Battle Arena Toshinden, Resident Evil and such I swapped out for jewel case versions when I was working at EB years ago.

I just picked up Descent in mint condition last week at my EBGames for $2. Somehow, its just not as good as I remember it. XCOM, would be cool to have, as I just love that game. Nothing has ever been the same since.

[quote name='Nogib']Only longbox game I have left is Jumping Flash (btw bookishboy, what you have is impossible as JF2 was jewel case only). Any of my other ones like Battle Arena Toshinden, Resident Evil and such I swapped out for jewel case versions when I was working at EB years ago.[/QUOTE]

Ack, you're right. Only the first JF in longbox.

I'll make up for it by adding another that I realized I have: Alien Trilogy (Came in a cool see-thru box)

Jumping Flash
Raiden Project
Extreme Pinball

And I know I used to have "D" also, but I guess I lost it or someone borrowed it and never gave it back.....bastards......

Battle arena toshinden
Gex
Twisted metal
Discworld 1 (Part two came in a small case, I think. If not, I have part two as well)
MK3
Jumping Flash
I might think of more later...

Sweet! I added to my longbox collection this week very cheaply and got Resident Evil, Doom, and Air Combat! Again, saw lots of longbox games that suck, all of those lousy helicopter sims and such.

The only longbox PSone game I have left is "X-COM: UFO Defense". I used to have "Battle Arena Toshinden"; "Battle Arena Toshinden 2"; "Resident Evil"; "Ridge Racer"; "WWF WrestleMania: The Arcade Game"; & "Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors' Dreams" in longboxes, but I bought them again in the smaller CD cases and sold off or traded the larger ones.

I hated those longboxes! The plastic ones were fragile to the point where just looking at them the wrong way cracks them or breaks the hinges! They were also near impossible to find new replacements for them. The paper longboxes were almost as bad since they damaged easily and didn't always close properly. Thank goodness for DVD cases!

[quote name='GunstarRed']
I hated those longboxes! The plastic ones were fragile to the point where just looking at them the wrong way cracks them or breaks the hinges! They were also near impossible to find new replacements for them. The paper longboxes were almost as bad since they damaged easily and didn't always close properly. Thank goodness for DVD cases![/QUOTE]

Heh, I know what you mean. Fortunately, my Alien Trilogy game is still in decent shape, despite many a long afternoon spent staring at it, trying to see if it would break.

Resident Evil
Jumping Flash
Wrestlemania: Arcade
Twisted Metal
used to have Street Fighter Alpha but lost it recently

The only longbox games I own are Saturn games. Nowadays, when I see a longbox game at a used store, it's always screwed up. The plastic is cracked or the whole front is missing... :(

I guess I'm in the minority here with "Shockwave Assault". Looks pretty crappy, but it was two bucks at GS, and it's two discs, so I said what the hell.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I guess I'm in the minority here with "Shockwave Assault". Looks pretty crappy, but it was two bucks at GS, and it's two discs, so I said what the hell.[/QUOTE]

Shockwave was one of my favorite 3DO games. I didn't even realize that the series made an appearance on the PS1. I'll have to look out for a copy of it now.

[quote name='m1lesteg']I have a bunch of Saturn games that are longbox, but that's it.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Saucy Jack']The only longbox games I own are Saturn games. Nowadays, when I see a longbox game at a used store, it's always screwed up. The plastic is cracked or the whole front is missing... :([/QUOTE]
:roll: 99 percent of all us saturn games were longbox
EDIT: if not 100%

i have
Battle Arena Toshinden
Space Griffon VF-9

I have; complete:

Destruction Derby
Wipeout
Zero Divide
Agile Warrior

'Also have X-Com and Braindead 13 ( i think this was a longbox game ?? )... ;discs-only, though.

[quote name='c'](DATE: 4/07/05)
And, yes, all the Saturn games I own also came in longboxes, so I'm pretty sure supermariomelee is right. The only exception I can think of is Christmas Nights.
Edit: And other games that were released in cardboard sleeves like Virtua Fighter 2, Virtua Cop 1 or 2, and Daytona USA.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='modcase'] (DATE: 5/31/05)
99 percent of all us saturn games were longbox
EDIT: if not 100%[/quote]

SO HERE IS A ROLLY-EYES FOR YOU MY FRIEND IT SEEMS I HAVE BEATEN YOU BY ABOUT EIGHT YEARS AND I PRE-EMPTED YOUR SUSPISION THAT IT MAY HAVE BEEN 100% OF ALL SATURN GAMES AND I PROVED IT WRONG

MORAL OF THE STORY: C WINS. C IS THE CAG MASTER WINNER. C HAS FINALLY DEFEATED THE ROLLY-EYES. ALL OF YOU STEP DOWN. NEXT STEP IS DEFEATING THE BASTARDLY OVER-USED ":p" AND I WILL PREVAIL!!!

oh and i got longbox D for free from gamecrazy since it wasn't listed in their computers. isn't that wild?

Thought I'd bring this back. I have three now, all complete:

Destruction Derby (the same copy I owned when I originally started this thread)
Doom
Twisted Metal

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Are any of the PS1 longboxes rare? I have a few, but I was eyeing a copy of Panzer General. It was 12.00 at Half Price Books.[/quote]

A few of them are - Zoop, Viewpoint, and X-COM: UFO Defense come to mind.

[quote name='DigitalSpace']A few of them are - Zoop, Viewpoint, and X-COM: UFO Defense come to mind.[/QUOTE]

I was ecstatic when I found a complete copy of X-COM at a GS a few years back for under $10.

Street Fighter Alpha
Darkstalkers
Psychic Detective
War Hawk
Battle Arena Toshinden
Battle Arean Toshinden 2
Return Fire
Tekken
NHL Face off
NBA In the Zone
Resident Evil
Twisted Metal
Gex
Viewpoint
Philosoma
Doom
Novastorm
King's Field
Johnny Bazakatone
Alien Trilogy

The only one I can think of off hand is Resident Evil. I'm sure there are a couple more, but as all my PS1 games have been packed away for over four years, I really couldnt tell you.

Zero Divide. Picked it up for a buck at a garage sale. I had completely forgotten that early PSX games were longbox until I found that one (wish I still had my 30+ Saturn games now too. Stupid kid-me selling them for pocket change).

Darkstalkers and Space Griffon VF-9.

Only longbox PS1 games that are rare are Resident Evil and Raiden Project.

I still have a copy of Warhawk in a longbox, but the case is slightly beaten up since It's been in a crate of my old PS1 games for years.

I have somewhere between 50 and 100 of them.....at one time I wanted all of them, I got pretty close, but kinda just lost interest.

[quote name='Halo05']X-Com

I used to have quite a few of them but they got sold over the years. I'll never get rid of X-Com.[/QUOTE]

I almost have a complete copy of this. I got the game disk only at GS awhile back. The manual I found at McVans for a $1. I just need to find the case and insert.

[quote name='Dazz']Only longbox PS1 games that are rare are Resident Evil and Raiden Project.[/quote]

Wow, and I gave away my Resident Evil one to a fellow CAG as part of my huge manual drawer sale one time. I hope he enjoys it!

I have a handful of others as well. Ridge Racer, Toshinden, Raiden Project, Loaded, Philosoma, etc. I still need more room so if anybody wants to throw some dollars at me or a trade for them (boxes + manuals only, I'm keeping the games!) then let me know. I could use the extra shelf space.

Same goes for a handful of old Saturn longboxes as well, although some of those are a bit banged up.

[quote name='CaptainKirk']long box? what that mean it kind of looked like a genesis box?[/QUOTE]

group_a.jpg

bread's done
Back