Do you really want to share your friends list on XBOX LIVE?

ICEPICC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
New XBOX LIVE feature: Share your friends list with your friends.

Do you really want to share your friends list on XBOX LIVE?

I dont see a reason for that.

I know about the clan feature : creat a silver clan tag and everybody on your clan can see who is in the clan or on LIVE. - Thats a good idea. but...

I had a few people that when we played, added my friends to their friends list. Now I have to beat them to a party list in order to play with my old friends. Some COOP games only allow 4 players. that can cause alot of issues.

LOL - you go to boot someone to get someone else in. Then they watch to see whos playing with you atfer they get the boot.

I think friends should be friends, not spies.

So I disabled the feature.

I think the big question is etiquette. Do I want to be responsible for random friend requests to my friends? Is a gamer tag like a cell phone (where its rude to give out other’s #s) or is it like a business network where you want people to pass your name around?
And I guess it doesn’t matter what I think is rude or polite; but what my friends think.
So what is the etiquette then?

[quote name='Ow3n']I think the big question is etiquette. Do I want to be responsible for random friend requests to my friends? Is a gamer tag like a cell phone (where its rude to give out other’s #s) or is it like a business network where you want people to pass your name around?
And I guess it doesn’t matter what I think is rude or polite; but what my friends think.
So what is the etiquette then?[/QUOTE]

not to mention the random messages & game invites.

"Who is this ASS that wants to play Halo when I'm playing COD4 ??"

Its like when I was younger, and I had my AIM password saved on my computer, and my sister made her first AIM screenname, but had no friends to talk to, so she ganked my freinds list. It's going to prove very annoying for some people, thats for sure.

Its an ok feature, but I can't really see myself ever using it. Would rather them have added multiple people in voice chat then friends of friends.

I don't mind people seeing my friends list, but I'm not particularly fond of being listed on other people's friends lists.

it makes no difference to me, i have less than 10 people on my friends list, but they're all people i know personally, and i know they don't have to accept a random friend request, so i don't worry about it.

[quote name='PyroGamer']I don't mind people seeing my friends list, but I'm not particularly fond of being listed on other people's friends lists.[/quote]
My main dislike of this feature as well. As of right now it's not a huge issue, but I'd still like the option to hide myself from being seen on other's lists.

I also noticed that you can view the friend's list of those that you recently gamed with, regardless of them being on your list or not.

100 person friend list.

Could care less. Most ppl on my list are ppl I know in real life, very few I dont.

Not like its a huge OMG YOU HAVE PWEJFIWJF ON UR LIST? YOU N00B PWNZOR

I don't have a problem with this feature, I would like to be able to turn of the "XXXXX is online" notifications that keep popping up. I still want my Achievement notifications though, so I'd like a way of turning off the Friends notifications specifically.

[quote name='benjamouth']I don't have a problem with this feature, I would like to be able to turn of the "XXXXX is online" notifications that keep popping up. I still want my Achievement notifications though, so I'd like a way of turning off the Friends notifications specifically.[/QUOTE]
Most obnoxious feature in the history of gaming.

I'm willing to try it but I set it so only My friends can see my friends list, Not just anyone.

[quote name='spydey']I have mine set to block. I figure some of my friends want to stay hidden.[/quote]

Why does it really matter? They're hidden behind an alias anyway. If they don't want a FC they could decline it.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Most obnoxious feature in the history of gaming.[/quote]
I like them, because I like to chat with, and I want to know when they come online. I can't imagine how anybody could classify it as "the most annoying feature ever".
It would make sense to have a turn-off option though.

bread's done
Back