Do you remember this PS1 game?

rapsodist

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
My friend recalls a PS1 3D action/adventure game set in the future that featured a black-haired female protagonist who, strangely enough, wore a thong. At first I thought he might have been referring to Fear Effect but he swears it was a fully 3D game. He says he saw pictures of it in an issue of GamePro so I assume that means it was released in the U.S., or at least planned for release. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

There was a canceled Aeon Flux game for the PS1:
http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/features/video/vg_graveyard/sony.html

aeonscreenshot1.jpg

(via Wikipedia)

Steel Harbinger?

Except she had kinda silver hair. Not a bad little five buck brainkiller, though this isn't the best screenshot.

steelharbinger1.jpg

Could he be thinking of one of their April Fools Game they would come up with if I remember one of those games had a girl lead character in a thong?

PSM did an April Fools joke that featured a nude redhead female character.

[quote name='Rozz']PSM did an April Fools joke that featured a nude redhead female character.[/quote]

Yeah, it was called Valkyre Wylde.

I finally got back to my friend about this. Wet Ninja, you hit the nail on the head! It was indeed Aeon Flux that my friend recalled. Thanks!

It's kind of a sad testimony to our times when someone narrows down a game description to "Female lead, fully 3D, on the PS1, girl wears a thong" and there's several options brought forward as possibilities.

[quote name='daroga']It's kind of a sad testimony to our times when someone narrows down a game description to "Female lead, fully 3D, on the PS1, girl wears a thong" and there's several options brought forward as possibilities.[/quote]

Replace the word "sad" with "glorious".

[quote name='daroga']It's kind of a sad testimony to our times when someone narrows down a game description to "Female lead, fully 3D, on the PS1, girl wears a thong" and there's several options brought forward as possibilities.[/quote]

I had actually hesistated to post this topic because of the description I'd have to use! :lol: But I just had to know... I thought I knew every American release on PS1; not knowing one was killing me. It figures that it turned out to be a canned game.

Hey, no problem...I'm glad I was able to help. I didn't even realize there was an Aeon Flux game on the PS1 (or any other system for that matter). When you mentioned a black-haired female protagonist wearing a thong, the only thing I could think of was Aeon Flux; I used to watch the cartoon that came on MTV around 10 years ago, and previews for the (fairly) recent Charlize Theron movie made the character a bit more fresh in my memory. I checked Wikipedia to see if there was an Aeon Flux game and it led me to that Gamespot article.

bread's done
Back