Do you think a good gaming mouse has improved your skills?

UnicornBang

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I have a decent no brand mouse that seems to work well. Has a couple of extra buttons on the side and has never given me an issue. I have been wanting a Razer mouse for a long time now. Just curious if you feel that it has improved your gaming skills/experience. I play a lot of Dota 2 and TL2 at the moment.

More buttons= more customization.

It is all preference and now that I have a high grade mouse, I can never go back to anything less. But honestly, the Razer Nostromo has changed my gaming habits more so than a mouse. That thing is a game changer.

[quote name='UnicornBang']The Razer Nostromo intimidates me haha. I don't really play MMO's anymore so I probably wouldn't need something like that.[/QUOTE]

It is amazing for other games beyond MMOs. Best gaming product I have ever gotten.

I would totally get a Nostromo if they made a mechanical version. Otherwise it would feel like I'm disrespecting my Ducky Shining whenever I use it.

And as a high-sensitivity gamer (On PC at least), gaming mice make a pretty big difference IMO.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']I would totally get a Nostromo if they made a mechanical version. Otherwise it would feel like I'm disrespecting my Ducky Shining whenever I use it.

And as a high-sensitivity gamer (On PC at least), gaming mice make a pretty big difference IMO.[/QUOTE]

I certainly hope they do come out with a Super Nostromo that is silent mechanical at the magic price of $80. I would buy two of them just because.

I think my clicking skill are just terrible lol. Maybe I should just accept it. Plus all of the mice I am looking at seem to be a little pricey.

I won't say my Razer DeathAdder improved my skills, but it's a damn nice mouse that feels great to me.

Only two side buttons on the left side, so it's only good for right handed people though.

Right now I use a Coolermaster Storm Xornet gaming mouse. I used to have just a regular non-gaming Logitech. I'd say it has not made me any better, but has made my gaming experience more enjoyable.

yes but only in the sense of moving to wireless, not specifically a gaming mouse.

no fucking cord getting caught on stuff/giving me resistance is fantastic.

Getting a new mouse today. Looking for a mouse designed for MOBA. I see the Razer Hex is but the reviews are good and bad. Any MOBA mouse suggestions. Payday=Bank account annihilation.

[quote name='j-cart']More buttons= more customization.

It is all preference and now that I have a high grade mouse, I can never go back to anything less. But honestly, the Razer Nostromo has changed my gaming habits more so than a mouse. That thing is a game changer.[/QUOTE]

I have the first n52 and loved it. I don't know where it is right now and I really don't play PC games much anymore or even have a place to put it and keep it out. I have been tempted to buy the new one. I don't know other than the look and it lighting up if their is anything different.

[quote name='UnicornBang']The Razer Nostromo intimidates me haha. I don't really play MMO's anymore so I probably wouldn't need something like that.[/QUOTE]

I used it for COD back when 4 came out and I liked playing it more with that than mouse and keyboard.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']I would totally get a Nostromo if they made a mechanical version. Otherwise it would feel like I'm disrespecting my Ducky Shining whenever I use it.

And as a high-sensitivity gamer (On PC at least), gaming mice make a pretty big difference IMO.[/QUOTE]

I would pick it up along with the one that is currently out if they did.

As for a gaming mouse I use the Logitech MX 518 High Performance Optical Gaming Mouse. I wouldn't call it a gaming mouse. I think some software did come with it for gaming, but I can't remember. It does let you control the sensitivity of the mouse with the buttons above and below the scroll wheel. I really wouldn't call it a gaming mouse even though they advertise it as one.

I also noticed Logitech has a pad like the Nostromo. Logitech G13 Programmable Gameboard. I may end up getting that at some point and giving it a try also.

I personally use the Logitech G700. The weight and feel of it is just plain perfect for me.

I have a buddy that SWEARS by the Corsair Vengeance.

http://www.corsair.com/en/vengeance...0-performance-mmo-rts-laser-gaming-mouse.html

I got to try it and the buttons look like they are in a weird place, but after awhile, you realize that Corsair actually put a lot of thought their their button placement. Large mouse, which what I like, but the weight was too light for me.

Might want to look into that for MOBA/MMOs. Honestly any "gaming" mouse would be better than a cheap mouse. The Logitech G500 has to be one of the best over gaming mouse that anyone can buy.

@sendme: If you enjoyed using the n52, then get the Nostromo. It is the exact same, but uses Razer software, which is way better than logitech's stuff. The G13 looks nice because of the more buttons, but the way the hand rests on it is not very comfortable when you play for a few hours. It does have a joystick, but it is small and bit weird.

Best option, buy both, try them out and return the one you don't like.

[quote name='UnicornBang']Think I am going to get the Razer Deathadder 2013. Anyone know if this is available in retail stores? Would like to pick this up today.[/QUOTE]
I doubt it's hit the retail channel yet. Even on Razer's website it says it will ship in 2-3 weeks. The biggest improvement is the 6400dpi 4G optical sensor, so that will likely be prominent on the box if you happen to look in a retail store.

it's like a joystick with street fighter
it doesn't improve your skill but it makes it easier to what you want.

also it's not jus tthe mouse that helps but the surface too. you want a nice mouse pad or you're going to lose inputs. i remember my days of playing on just a solid peace of wood and it was just horrible. a good mouse pad can make even them cheap 30$ work pretty good

still though i love my rat 7. it's jsut super sensitive and while it doesn't make me a better gamer, i just love the customization and the better experience it gives me!

[quote name='Kevfactor']it's like a joystick with street fighter

also it's not jus tthe mouse that helps but the surface too. you want a nice mouse pad or you're going to lose inputs. i remember my days of playing on just a solid peace of wood and it was just horrible. a good mouse pad can make even them cheap 30$ work pretty good

still though i love my rat 7. it's jsut super sensitive and while it doesn't make me a better gamer, i just love the customization and the better experience it gives me![/QUOTE]

That is an interesting point about mouse pads. I am limited to a slide out piece of wood under my keyboard to use my mouse. Maybe I will have to try to put it on the top of the desk. Feels so awkward to me though. Since the new Deathadder 2013 takes 2 weeks to ship. I will wait and see what holiday deals I can find.

Razer 2012 Naga expert MMO mouse has been made it unique for gaming. It facilitates for different types of functioning, comfortable grip and laser sensor everything bring to the mouse a unique quality for game lover. 17 Mouse button have bring game related associated key control now from the mouse. Attractive visual and smoothing control make the mouse famous to its lover. Hopefully your next buy will bring your life a bundle of amusement.

[quote name='Kevfactor']it's like a joystick with street fighter

still though i love my rat 7. it's jsut super sensitive and while it doesn't make me a better gamer, i just love the customization and the better experience it gives me![/QUOTE]

I do not agree with the mouse pad statement. You need a stable, reliable surface. A good mouse pad just happens to be one. I can guarantee you that I am not losing any input data with the mouse hooked to my laptop on our oak dining room table.

I agree with the first statement. With the exception of cheater controllers, mice, etc....none of those will make you a better player but they may enhance your abilities to play the game. This has been the same story for a long, long time. In the way back time machine, think Nukem 3D & the original Unreal Tournament, I could run lapse around my friends because my trackball was more precise than their mice. Was I better than them - no, just more accurate with my shot placement. It had nothing to do with what was better, I was simply far more comfortable with the trackball and playing FPS than they were. It is all about what fits you and your playing style.

I certainly hope the question was not centered around MMORPGs and was more for FPS, RTS, and fighters...games where reaction time matters.

bread's done
Back