Do you think LA will have First Person Jedi game for the WII?

ITDEFX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I am curious how long til LucasArts announces a first person Jedi game for the WII. The demo's I have seen so far seem to support the possiblity that a Saber type game could be made to utilize the wii-mote.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I am curious how long til LucasArts announces a first person Jedi game for the WII. The demo's I have seen so far seem to support the possiblity that a Saber type game could be made to utilize the wii-mote.[/QUOTE]

they mentioned somethin about 2007. Maybe e3 next year if the Wii does well, or the thing that replaces e3

I wonder if the wii-mote can provide simulated resistance so if in the game you saber lock with someone, you feel the weight of the saber being pushed against yours..now if that happens...this will be one fucken amazing game.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I wonder if the wii-mote can provide simulated resistance so if in the game you saber lock with someone, you feel the weight of the saber being pushed against yours..now if that happens...this will be one fucken amazing game.[/quote]

Yeah it would, but it can't :p. Maybe in like...10 years or something. It can rumble though....it can rumble...

[quote name='ITDEFX']I wonder if the wii-mote can provide simulated resistance so if in the game you saber lock with someone, you feel the weight of the saber being pushed against yours..now if that happens...this will be one fucken amazing game.[/QUOTE]

i was thinkin maybe it could rumble in certain parts of the controller to sort of fell like pressure

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']i was thinkin maybe it could rumble in certain parts of the controller to sort of fell like pressure[/quote]

It won't feel like resistance, but it'll feel cool, I'm sure.

Wang-mote, indeed.

I'm not a huge fan of the Star Wars franchise, but if there ever was an opportunity for LA to really make a splash into what gamers have been imagining for Star Wars games for years, Wii is finally that opportunity.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']How about LA makes another KOTOR and not waste their time with a FPS aka FIRST PERSON SLASHER that the Wii will have a full library of soon.[/QUOTE]

Lucasarts just published KOTOR. Bioware made the game and they're busy at the moment with Jade Empire 2 or NwN 2

[quote name='furyk']Lucasarts just published KOTOR. Bioware made the game and they're busy at the moment with Jade Empire 2 or NwN 2[/QUOTE]
But they had another studio do KOTOR2. Of course, I think they have another new project now that isn't KOTOR3. So, who knows when we'll see that.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']How about LA makes another KOTOR and not waste their time with a FPS aka FIRST PERSON SLASHER that the Wii will have a full library of soon.[/quote]
Because a FPS light sabre title would sell like hot-cakes, regardless of quality. I would almost guarantee the game is already in development (at least the early stages).

I read a rumor (cant remember where, but it was on this site) that they were making a SW game for Wii. IIRC, it was from EGM's rumor page. The Wiimote would make the lightsaber sound and everything. I dont know if its gonna be first person though.

Am I the only one who wants Rogue Squadron IV instead? Or maybe it could be a combination of both. You have the dog fighting and flight missions of the Rogue Squadron series then the on foot missions could be in first person like the Jedi Knight series! :shock:

[quote name='dcfox']Am I the only one who wants Rogue Squadron IV instead? Or maybe it could be a combination of both. You have the dog fighting and flight missions of the Rogue Squadron series then the on foot missions could be in first person like the Jedi Knight series! :shock:[/quote]

I'm with you, but no genre mixing, please. That really took the shine off Rogue Squadron II. I'm interested in a dogfighter and a game that makes use of the the lightsaber, but not in the same title.

[quote name='Tybee']I'm with you, but no genre mixing, please. That really took the shine off Rogue Squadron II. I'm interested in a dogfighter and a game that makes use of the the lightsaber, but not in the same title.[/QUOTE]

I think if done right they could work really well together. Just look at Battlefront II. Also I think EA/DICE are doing something more seamless in Battlefield where you could go from flying directly to on foot (at least's thats my understanding, I haven't played the game).

[quote name='furyk']Lucasarts just published KOTOR. Bioware made the game and they're busy at the moment with Jade Empire 2 or NwN 2[/QUOTE]
Mass Effect actually.

[quote name='elwood731']But they had another studio do KOTOR2. Of course, I think they have another new project now that isn't KOTOR3. So, who knows when we'll see that.

Because a FPS light sabre title would sell like hot-cakes, regardless of quality. I would almost guarantee the game is already in development (at least the early stages).[/QUOTE]

Actually to my knowledge Obsidian is working on 3 which means perhaps we'll find out what happened to Revan instead of the same KOTOR1 shit striking twice if Bioware did it.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I wonder if the wii-mote can provide simulated resistance so if in the game you saber lock with someone, you feel the weight of the saber being pushed against yours..now if that happens...this will be one fucken amazing game.[/quote]

th_caught_the_gay.jpg

[quote name='baloras']Supposedly LA is making a Jedi type game for all 3 systems. I found a link on another board to a trailer for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbl_pfxvxUw

Baloras[/quote]
That's a kickass video, but I think it was more of a tech demo for a PS3 / XB360 engine. I would doubt that Lucas Arts would pass up the lightsaber game opportunity with the Wii though. Hell, think of using the Wiimote for force push / pull motions; that would kick ass too.

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']I'm not a huge fan of the Star Wars franchise, but if there ever was an opportunity for LA to really make a splash into what gamers have been imagining for Star Wars games for years, Wii is finally that opportunity.[/quote]

Opps did it again.
Whats the name of the Weather Channel Chic whose picture is in your signature.

[quote name='dcfox']Am I the only one who wants Rogue Squadron IV instead? [/QUOTE]
As much as I love those games, I think they've run their course. The 3rd game sucked because they ran out of ideas and tried to fill it out with the crappy on foot stages. I'd like to see a sequel on a true next gen console, but the Wii isn't that. Although a remake of the N64 Rogue Squadron with online play would be nice.

bread's done
Back