Do you think that Wii will sell out on launch in the US?

At my local bestbuy like 200 people were outside. No telling how many they actually had, and how many were in store buying Wii's. Wow.

I no longer think you can go to a few stores and pick one up today. Seriously, I freaking hate ebay; you know ebay has made it so impossible to get a system on launch anymore. I wish people could go back to their values of happiness.

Sentence 1.) You should have never thought that.

Sentence 2.) That's why I'm thankful I got mine and I'm retiring from console launches. I can wait the 3-6 months post-launch from now on.

Sentence 3.) This sounds either very Japanese or like something I'd read inside a sad fortune cookie.

[quote name='Demontooth']They should have shared those with more stores around the US[/QUOTE]

Yeah you'd think.... you'd also think that they would change the URL on their website to say nintendo.com/wii instead of revolution haha

[quote name='Demontooth']They should have shared those with more stores around the US[/quote]Yeah, every store could have had one more. ;)

[quote name='rsigley']I think it's going to sell out quickly, but they'll be a lot returned to the store. I'm guessing most of the people will buy it to ebay it, realize there's no ebay market for it and end up returning it[/QUOTE]

No way, most people are buying Wiis to play them. This isn't the PS3.

[quote name='porieux']No way, most people are buying Wiis to play them. This isn't the PS3.[/QUOTE]

Yeah out of the 24 people I saw checking out when I picked up mine almost all were picking up games and accessories galore.

Is everyone else noticing the stores were way understocked on accessories? You can't find an extra Nunchuck around here. Hell I stopped at 3 places to grab some misc accessories and every place is cleaned out.

My area Deltona to Altamonte Springs on the I-4 Cooridor in FL between Orlando and Daytona appears to be sold out. I tried 3 Walmarts last night, 2 Targets, 2 sears and malls, Circuit City, Best Buy, Sams and Comp USA and 2 TRU's and not a single Wii to be had.

My Local TRU's got 15 at one and 18 at the other for non-preorders.

But I did score one of each of the 3 BK Xbox games.

[quote name='iufoltzie']Thats probably a safe bet... I'm in Indianapolis and every single midnight store was sold out, with a line. TRU is the only place that may have enough to last the day.[/QUOTE]

I was wrong, silly me, how dare I opt for a warm bed than a cold sidewalk...

Teaches me a lesson.

FYI, Gamestop.com still has nunchuk controllers on sale if you can't find them in stores. I just ordered one myself after scouring the Bay Area looking for one!

bread's done
Back