Do you think the next Nintendo Console will have Wii VC games?

I think that downloadable games will pretty much be a standard feature from now on in all aspects of gaming. I highly suspect the next Nintendo handheld with have it's own VC with downloadable GB/GBC/GBA games.

I hope we can redownload what we buy to the next console. But its way too early in the game. Let's just enjoy what we got now.

I kinda... sorta don't /have/ a Wii to enjoy right now. It's part of why I'm curious.

Well that is going to be one of the big issues for the next round of systems. It will be the backwards compatibility issue that came about during this current generation. It will probably depend on how great purchaser demand seems to be tied to the issue and how hard it is to allow it on the next gen system. You see that tension now with the new version of the ps3 that cut the relatively expensive backwards compatibility method for partiial emulated backwards compatibility.

I'm not sure what you are asking:

Are you asking if the next generation Nintendo console will allow you to keep the games you have downloaded on the Wii VC?

Or are you asking if the next generation Nintendo console will offer downloadable Wii games on its' version of the VC?

The second. If there will be downloadable Wii /games./ I know the games are huge and all, so I'm not counting on it.

bread's done
Back