Do you think this is fair

OffTheWall16

CAGiversary!
so today my 360 stopped reading discs, so i call up Microsoft for a repair, earlier in 08 i had gotten the red rings and sent it in, they had no record of my Xbox getting a repair so i have no warranty and its gonna cost 99$ do you think this is fair?

[quote name='OffTheWall16']no i dont because this was over 6 months ago[/quote]

they send confirmation e-mails to you when the Xbox is receieved.. check your e-mails..

I think the main warranty is only for 90 days and the 3 years is for Red Ring only. Everything else and your SOL.

[quote name='OffTheWall16']Yes because I only got one red light I have to pay duck microsoft[/QUOTE]
Red ring it, and then call back in. They will ship you a refurb.

No. Or you could just save yourself the time in the first place and say it red ringed. They wont ask any questions and you'll get your 360 fixed for free

Their support is bs. I sent in my 360 to repair, and they lost it at their fixing facility, told me to my face that they never had any record of my 360. Needless to say I was not very nice to them after that. Ended up getting a free month of Live from them. Woop de doo *rolls eyes*.

Apparently they said they had no record of my repair either from 07, so just lie dude and make those commies fix it for you.

I read in a FAQ on the xbox website that said if you lie about it being red ringed and they find out when you've sent it they'll hold onto it until you fork over the $99 if it's out of regular warranty. Has this happened to anyone? Have you all had success lying? Or does everyone say just lie without ever actually doing it themselves?

[quote name='bs000']I read in a FAQ on the xbox website that said if you lie about it being red ringed and they find out when you've sent it they'll hold onto it until you fork over the $99 if it's out of regular warranty. Has this happened to anyone? Have you all had success lying? Or does everyone say just lie without ever actually doing it themselves?

http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/xbox360/repairfaqs.aspx[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I am worrying about. I dont want to send it in and have them charge me. Perhaps I should try to red ring it lol. Any tips on how to induce RRoD?

From what I have heard, if you live in a cold place, leave it in your trunk over night. It should RRoD when you go to use it next, don't qoute me though.

Call ms and tell them you have rrod. If they actually check it (they didnt check mine when i had E74) they will just send it back. Otherwise they will fix it like in my situation.

bread's done
Back