Do you use any catchphrases now or in the past?

Anytime someone asks me what I'm doing later tonight, I respond:

"The same thing I do every night, try to take over the world"

Not necessarily catchphrases but I have kept the High Five and "dap" alive since I was in High School. Being 22 years old it's kind of weird. My friends look at me like "Wtf is your problem" LOL. I usually get weird stares in public as well when I do it. I don't care though.

One annoying thing I do is say YOLO after stupid things. "Gonna wash my hands, YOLO." "Come with me to get a soda, YOLO" And some other stupid crap I can't even think of right now.

If someone starts telling me something they've told me at least a couple times already, I'll just say to them "New Story".

But for a while back in the late 90's I called just about everybody I knew Slappy.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Is that what you said to Metal Boss to get that quote out of him?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he didn't like that particular gimmick.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Yeah, he didn't like that particular gimmick.[/QUOTE]

LOL the gimmick of wanting to dip your balls in everything. :rofl:

I tend to quote lines that I like from movies or TV shows if a situation comes up that makes me think of it. For example, any time I have a handful of money and I'm counting the bills, I'll say "You flash this kind of wad in front of some people, they'll kill you for it" (The Jerk), or if I get a good parking space, I'll say "I must be in the front row!" (which, sadly, is a reference to a beer commercial from the 80's)

I used to say stuff was TITS. Like "Mortal Kombat is fucking TITS." "That game is TITS" Or "DAMN, That game is big fat oprah tits."

Well I do quote Airplane and Animal House frequently. chuckle.

Oh and dohdough "Friends don't let friends watch "My Wife and Kids.". What a pos show especially since it replaced "The Hughleys". Ugh.

Son of a whore. I think it conveys frustration better linguistically than son of a bitch.

[quote name='Soodmeg']The only phrases that I say on a consistent basis are:

When I walk onto any set or production for the first time I usually say fairly loud: "Have no fear the kid is here."

Whenever I am confused by a situation or what someone is saying I refer to it has jib jab. "What the fuck kind of jib jab is this? What jib jab are you talking about? Hey...where did you put that jib jab looking thing?

Lastly, whenever I want to bail out of a conversation of any kind, wife yelling, store clerk asking to many questions, boss asking about jib jab, I usually say, "Oh my god this parachutes a napsack.......ahhhhhhhhhhhh" Then I just walk away. Works every time.[/QUOTE]

That last thing is very weird. I like this catch phrase but I don't use it much because I usually forget about it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf0ZyoUn7Vk

"THAT's what I'm talkin' about!"

"I'd buy that for a dollar."

"Let's do this!"

"Boo-yah!" (although it may be a tad outdated/over-used)

"Boom goes the dynamite!"

Almost forgot, when someone would ask me "why?" to mess with them I'd say, "Because donuts don't wear alligator shoes."

[quote name='Sarang01']Oh and dohdough "Friends don't let friends watch "My Wife and Kids.". What a pos show especially since it replaced "The Hughleys". Ugh.[/QUOTE]
Blasphemy! I found MW&K far funnier than any of the UPN shows of the early 2000's. Then again, I guess it's cuz I already was used to Damon Wayans and Tisha Campbell from In Living Color and Martin respectively and didn't know who the fuck most of the people on the UPN shows were.:whistle2:#

"Cool story bro"
"IMPOSSIBRU"
"Roads? Where we're going we don't need...roads" or any variation of it. Such as "Clothes, where we're going we don't need...clothes"

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Blasphemy! I found MW&K far funnier than any of the UPN shows of the early 2000's. Then again, I guess it's cuz I already was used to Damon Wayans and Tisha Campbell from In Living Color and Martin respectively and didn't know who the fuck most of the people on the UPN shows were.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

The Hughleys: "You're a female, you're Gay AND your Asian?! Just get a wheelchair and no one could ever fire you.".

I caught the show near the end of when ABC had it so when I caught it I was surprised and delighted when ABC had such a ballsy show. Conversely I was quite disappointed to find it dropped in the next week or two.

bread's done
Back