Do you wear gaming clothes?

ssssss

CAGiversary!
Personally, I wear gaming clothes in public, but not anything too obvious. I have a shirt with Ness, a shirt with Professor Layton, and one with Alien Hominid. Seems like only figures hardcore gamers would recognize. Currently looking for a Parappa the Rapper shirt, that would be sweet. What about you?

I saw a guy wearing a FOX HOUND shirt at ODU the other day. I probably wouldn't wear one myself, but it was cool to see one.

Don't know if I have any gaming clothes... I have a lot of anime shirts (~15), though. And I wear them A LOT. Hell, I'm wearing one right now.

Edit: I guess I do have a Guitar Hero t-shirt I won from one of the main site's contests, and I guess my Pokemon t-shirt would count as both anime and game. I do wear both a lot, so... Yeah.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ssssss']Seems like only figures hardcore gamers would recognize. [/QUOTE]

is that justification? if i saw someone wearing a gaming shirt of a character i didn't recognize it'd seem much nerdier (in a bad way) than if it had been an easily recognized character like link or master chief or whatever.

I got a free Street Fighter shirt when I preordered some game, might have been Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX. Dumbass Gamestop didn't ask your size, just sent you a shirt. I got like an XXXXL. Took it camping with me last year to use as a tent.

[quote name='Eviltude']I saw a guy wearing a FOX HOUND shirt at ODU the other day. I probably wouldn't wear one myself, but it was cool to see one.[/QUOTE]

I wear a foxhound shirt around MCCC and get a lot of people noticing it.

I wear some gaming stuff, but my wardrobe is kinda random.

My girlfriend wears stuff like this all the time which is funny because I play way more games then her.

Here is a list:
Rockband zippered hoodie that is black and grey
Mario boxer shorts as regular underwear
Wii boxer shorts blue & white
Wii lounge pants same colors boxers
1Up Mushroom t-shirt shirt is white, mushroom is purple & green
Guitar Hero III t-shirt black with Guitar Hero III logo in white
My favorite is her Mario t-shirt that is blue with a pic of Mario with the saying "Down since 85"

I wear a couple:

Master Chief shirt my gf got me
A shirt with a Mario star on it that says "Die Hard" (also from the gf)
NES controller that says "Know Your Roots" (ex gf)
Black shirt with the a gold Zelda logo on it
Guitar Hero shirt
Umbrella Corporation shirt

And of course my CAG shirt with the avatar of our very own internet space pimp. I wear them all frequently.

No. I own a Guitar Hero shirt and a Rock Band shirt I got free from preorders, but I've never worn them in public. That's the extent of my video game related apparel.

Black t with the Pac Man ghosts on it and it says "Eat Me" underneath.

Everyone gets it, which is what makes it great. If someone objects to it they are probably either old or just mad at the world.

Man, here comes the nerdy...

Brown Mario shirt with "Hammer Time" on it.
Yellow Street Fighter Ryu shirt.
White and black ringed NES controller old school shirt.
Black Turok preorder shirt.
Black Spider-man: Web of Shadows preorder shirt.
Black Resident Evil crow with severed hand shirt.
White Wii waiting in line shirt.
Brown Portal "Cake is a Lie" long sleeve.
Black Silent Hill thermal long sleeve
Tan Goomba thermal long sleeve.
Green Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess thermal long sleeve.
Black Grand Theft Auto IV waiting in line shirt.
Black XBox 360 shirt.
White Wall*E preorder shirt.
Navy green Gears of War cog shirt.
One black Penny Arcade Ann-archy logo shirt.
Black Video Games Live shirt.
Black Guitar Hero II shirt with white logo.
Gray light Guitar Hero II shirt with skull and wings.
Dark gray Guitar Hero II shirt with speakers in the back.
Two black Guitar Hero III shirts with white logo for waiting in line.
White Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80's shirt.
Two black Guitar Hero: World Tour preorder shirts.
Black Rock Band 1 shirt with boxart design.
One Rock Band gray guitar logo shirt.
One Rock Band black tiger shirt.
One Rock Band skull and tentacles shirt.
Three Rock Band 2 preorder shirts (though I wouldn't be surprised if I have more).

And to be fair I'm friends with alot of people at Gamestops so I get alot of free mooch and people know me as a gamer so when it comes to getting a gift, a t-shirt is always easiest. Also if you think this is bad, music related shirts I have is alot worse...

[quote name='bardockkun'] Also if you think this is bad, music related shirts I have is alot worse...[/QUOTE]

Music shirts cost more :( I often can get official gaming shirts for $10 or less each, music I listen to in shirt form, not so lucky...

Not me, except maybe to work-out in or PJs.
I did want one of those small Black Mesa parking permit stickers for my car but I never ordered it.

[quote name='BigPopov']Black t with the Pac Man ghosts on it and it says "Eat Me" underneath.

Everyone gets it, which is what makes it great. If someone objects to it they are probably either old or just mad at the world.[/QUOTE]
or dislike dumb shirts

I got a t-shirt from the Nintendo World store I wear a lot, the black Zelda one with just the tri-force in white w/ some Kanji characters in it. Without being 'in the know' you wouldn't even know it is a gaming shirt. I think it is nice looking, but I've never seen anyone else wearing one in person for some reason. Also, people in China get a kick out of it when I wear it there (the kanji characters are basically also Chinese characters and have the same meaning).

[quote name='georox']Music shirts cost more :( I often can get official gaming shirts for $10 or less each, music I listen to in shirt form, not so lucky...[/QUOTE]
After going to concerts or preordering discs online you get a collection of those pretty quick.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I got a free Street Fighter shirt when I preordered some game, might have been Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX. Dumbass Gamestop didn't ask your size, just sent you a shirt. I got like an XXXXL. Took it camping with me last year to use as a tent.[/QUOTE]

If you ever create a sovereign nation you've got your flag ready to go.

[quote name='LaraCroftsLeftBoob']i got a shirt that has pictures of mario + mushroom = super mario. underneath it it says "size matters"

wifey hates it. says its obscene....[/QUOTE]

I'd be concerned that it bothers her for some other reason for complaint in her life.

Unless it was something I thought particularly embarrassing for some reason, I'd probably wear any gaming shirt given to me.

Free t-shirts is something I miss from the days of the big tech trade shows like Comdex. I came home from one Comdex with over three dozen different shirts. The best are for products that ridiculously obscure, like one I have for a product that bridged IBM SNA stuff to Novell networks. It amazes me that they thought this was something suitable for promoting on a shirt. Or products from well known companies that died before almost anyone had heard of it, like the Iomega Clik! drive. (This was a tiny removable drive that stored about 40 MB in the era when flash cards offering 16 MB capacity.) Orthe company that was burning through investors money at a frightening rate and giving t-shirts to anyone who got too close totheir booth. Even better if the company was pulling the plug before the show ended.

I'm actually getting low on cheap shirts suitable for potentially destructive activities like house painting or slaughtering livestock. I may be forced to go out and buy some t-shirts for the first time in almost twenty years.

I have two shirts from woot that are gamer related. one is the alphabet with some kind of video game reference next to each character, You'd have to be a gamer to notice though. The other is a gray tee with the entire front being an original gameboy green screen and a/b buttons. Nerdy, yes....but I don't wear it that often at all.

nope, the only shirts i buy are plain t-shirts for $5 or $6. ill spend money on a video game before a video game shirt. not to say i wouldn't wear a video game shirt, i just wouldn't buy one.

Yes...

I regularly wear some Zelda Shirts, a few Mario ones, a few Nintendo ones, and I recently picked up an Earthbound one and a Prinny Shirt.

The only gaming shirt I own is a Dig Dug shirt I bought at Forever 21. Lame store for the most part (I think I've seen maybe five of them that sell guys stuff), but the shirt was $3 on clearance.

Band shirts are a whole 'nother story.

I don't wear gaming clothes, I'm actually quite ashamed to classify myself as a gamer (contradictory to other threads =P). And also, my gf would not allow me to be seen in one (they are generally ugly) and she's usually on top of me about style.

bread's done
Back